What are some games that involve the most powerful objects in the universe?

what are some games that involve the most powerful objects in the universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yZvgeAbrjgc
youtube.com/watch?v=b1s7omTe1HI
youtube.com/watch?v=WZxfy1f7Tmw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_observation_of_gravitational_waves
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole#Observational_evidence
youtube.com/watch?v=qZWPBKULkdQ&index=33&list=PL8dPuuaLjXtPAJr1ysd5yGIyiSFuh0mIL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The main series Sonic games with Chaos Emeralds

Overwatch

are you referring to my dick after watching dva's potg animations?

Dota 2

FEAR, ie in the Point Man himself
>Most physical strikes can kill virtually everything that isn't a fucking mech
>Has control over time due to reflexes
>Can take rockets and lasers directly to the face with minimum damage
Slightly more proper answer, Goldeneye 64's Klobb

youtube.com/watch?v=yZvgeAbrjgc
youtube.com/watch?v=b1s7omTe1HI

The Darkness 2 has black holes but they're pathetic compared to actual black holes, forget if the first game had them, haven't played it since launch. Universe Sandbox too, i suppose.

>stellaris
>Just left your homeworld for the first time and ready to big your empire
>First thing you do is plop a research station on the surface of a black hole
Logic

I was under the impression that it was orbiting the black hole, not on the surface.

As interesting as this is, science really has no idea what the hell happens when you approach a black hole. And every generation we change our minds about something.

Can't orbit, nor land on a black hole, the density would suck you in and crush your soul.

I assume it's the same way, but the model is literally clipping through the event horizon of the damn thing

You can orbit.
There's too much shit around it to do it though

That's not what we believe anymore. At least not with all black holes.

I want to know what would happen if two black holes collided.

what if the universe is made of black holes

You can orbit a black hole just fine, so long as it's beyond the Schwarzschild radius.

Generally accepted the tidal forces will tear anything apart. Probably won't change until the discovery of some sci-fi-tier gravity generator.

Only if you pass the event horizon, if you're far enough away you could orbit while constantly pushing the station away from it. It'll take a shitload of energy but it is possible. In theory anyway.

You can orbit them just fine, the entire galaxy orbits a blackhole. They're not celestial hoovers, nothing changes in their gravic effects from when they were stars. Orbital mechanics work just the same.

The larger one absorbs the smaller one.

Even better.
Being between the collision of two black holes

Stellaris

gravitational waves

I was always under the impression that whatever the blackhole eats just adds to the mass of the singularity, so I'd imagine if a black hole collided with another one it'd just make it bigger.

Humanity detects gravity waves for the first time. Also they merge.

How about if a Black Hole made of lava collided with a Black Hole made of ice?

>I was always under the impression that whatever the blackhole eats just adds to the mass of the singularity
It's not the case?
For me a black hole is a mass so big it's falling on itself, and so dense even light can't get away.

More massive would be more accurate.

if our sun became a black hole the orbits of the planets would literally not change a single bit

Black holes aren't made of ice or lava, they're just super dense matter.

density, not mass

do black holes even consist of matter anymore?

*became a black hole of equivalent mass
If the sun were replaced with a black hole of equivalent size we'd be boned beyond comprehension.

It would make 2 black holes, one of obsidian and one of water

get far enough away from anything and you can orbit it

yeh schwarzschild radius of the sun would result in the mother of all slingshots at best

Well everyone seems to be really confused about what happens to matter when it crosses the event horizon. Some people say it gets imprinted on the horizon and others say the matter gets radiated back out somehow. I think the most logical conclusion is that the mass of the matter absorbed just adds to the mass of the singularity.

Everything is reduced to particles, which are then crushed into one another. I wouldn't consider that matter any more, even if it may be under strict definition. The whole point of a 'singularity' is that science as we know it breaks down.

You're joking I hope because a black hole cannot exist with the mass of the sun. A black hole with the least amount of matter possible would still fuck up the solar system.

Solar 2

youtube.com/watch?v=WZxfy1f7Tmw

This grinds my gears
Why it doesn't just fall in the black bit ?
If the gravity is so strong, why the "fire" radiate around it?

All the time

What happens inside a black hole?

Well, from the outside observer you wouldn't know what happens; the light from them would never reach you once they passed the event horizon. And Hawking Radiation is a thing, but from what I remember it takes eons for a black hole to emit enough matter to 'pop' out of existence.

>You're joking I hope because a black hole cannot exist with the mass of the sun.

that's why he said size

>A black hole with the least amount of matter possible would still fuck up the solar system.

no it wouldn't

Interstellar is the most accurate desu senpaitachi

Memes

Fuck. This is ridiculous.

It will, eventually. The accretion disk is just gas and dust that's slowly circling and being drawn into the black hole. Sort of like a cosmic drain.

A black hole is just an object with a incredibly high gravitional pull that no light can escape from. It isn't actually a whole.

No one knows, some people think it works like a wormhole and spits out all the matter in a different part of space through what's known as a white hole, but it's only hypothetical since none have been observed.

This is all hypothetical, just looking at equations bud. Of course it's not realistic.
As long as the mass of the earth and the object it orbits around don't change, the orbit of the earth doesn't change one bit. Ditto for every other object in the universe.
F_grav = (G*M*m)/(r^2)

A black hole with the mass of the current sun can certainly exist; Its Schwarzchild radius wouldn't be that big but it the possibility is there.

The problem is that there's no feasible method through which our sun could become a black hole as it's not massive enough to create the kind of reaction through which black holes usually form.

So rotating black holes have an intrinsic property called the Ergosphere, which is another weird zone outside of the inner horizon. The funny thing there is that a space-like vector turns into a time-like one, and vice versa. Summarising, weird as shit things might be going on close to the event horizon; and if physics hasn't quite worked out the ins and outs of it (there is a large body of work though, see e.g. on merging black holes), it's just a bit tough to put it into a video game and still make a useful game mechanic out of it.

In terms of grand scale celestial mechanics, a black hole doesn't behave differently than a point mass, so I would see no reason why they wouldn't have included it in e.g. Elite Dangerous or so (haven't played the game).

Galactic Civilisations 3 has them, I think.

It would really suck

It's where your mom has her vacation house

>The most spectacular accretion disks found in nature are those of active galactic nuclei and of quasars, which are believed to be massive black holes at the center of galaxies. As matter enters the accretion disc, it follows a trajectory called a tendex line, which describes an inward spiral. This is because particles rub and bounce against each other in a turbulent flow, causing frictional heating which radiates energy away, reducing the particles' angular momentum, allowing the particle to drift inwards, driving the inward spiral. The loss of angular momentum manifests as a reduction in velocity; at a slower velocity, the particle wants to adopt a lower orbit. As the particle falls to this lower orbit, a portion of its gravitational potential energy is converted to increased velocity and the particle gains speed. Thus, the particle has lost energy even though it is now travelling faster than before; however, it has lost angular momentum. As a particle orbits closer and closer, its velocity increases, as velocity increases frictional heating increases as more and more of the particles potential energy (relative to the black hole) is radiated away; the accretion disk of a black hole is hot enough to emit X-rays just outside the event horizon

>Goldeneye 64's Klobb
explain

Elite: Dangerous, but they look kind of shitty and don't do anything gameplay-wise (they just act like regular stars).

Space Engine, but I think they're just nice to look at.

are you sure that theory hasn't been debunked thoroughly at this point?

Fuck you, Carlos.

It's not even a theory since it can't be tested

Apophis here. I am going to kill you all one day.

Nah, in 4.5 billion years the sun will kill us all anyway.

The issue is that it's theoretically possible, but the gravity/tidal forces would tear apart anything trying to approach the singularity. White Holes haven't been observed, and while they're also possible, they're not probable at this point.

literally the most OP as shit gun in the game.

It's KLOBBERIN TIME

they would form a black hole that's twice as large

so where a black hole is like a mouth, a white hole is like an anus that just spits out everything a black hole consumes at a different point in the universe, right? That seems like something we might have observed at least once.

>ITT kindergarten drop outs talk about black holes

Jesus Christ this is painful.

Yeah, no. If the sun were replaced with a black hole nothing about our orbit would change. It still has the same mass.

Jesus fucking Christ people read a fucking book sometimes.

I'm a complete novice on the subject so help me if you can, I swear I remember reading somewhere years ago that we still can't definitively prove the existence of black holes at this point. Is that still true?

It's like I'm really on /sci/.

I don't like the way you guys keep saying 'black'

Black holes have been directly observed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_observation_of_gravitational_waves

>men of science discussing dense material
>let me enter the thread and mention my savior, that will show them I'm superior

You'd think so, which is why they're not probable. Unless they're similar to micro-black holes, but even that's a crapshoot because a micro-black hole is susceptible to Hawking radiation. Radiation increases as size decreases, so the smaller the black hole the faster it shrinks and any particles resulting from the sudden burst as the micro-black hole evaporates could be mistaken for a white-hole. What then is the difference?

A black hole with a radius equal to the solar radius has way more fucking mass than the Sun.

Also, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole#Observational_evidence

they've been proved to exist without a shadow of a doubt a while back

they were predicted by Einstein's special relativity a century ago but it took a while before they were actually observed.

very interesting, thank you for the summary

Yeah, I'm sorry, I didn't read what came before your comment. You're absolutely right of course.

He said size, not mass.
size =/= mass

Smash Bros

You're correct. Science just sees a black orb with light bending around it and make the logical conclusion that the orb is pulling the light. However, this is still just a theory since we can't send a ship out there to prove thats whats happening

For all we know Blackholes could be alien space ships

What does it feel like to be inside a black H O L E ?

Cramped.

Considering they lead to alternate dimensions, its a hard feel to know

Morrowind

Holy shit just kill yourself.

You wouldn't be able to feel a hole lot

You want to play as my dick?

>alternate dimensions

A parallel universe?

Didn't you know? Black holes were proved a few weeks ago to be portals to the 2d dimension. /jp/ and Sup Forums started a kickstarter for a spacecraft to travel to one.

watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=qZWPBKULkdQ&index=33&list=PL8dPuuaLjXtPAJr1ysd5yGIyiSFuh0mIL

To people saying you can't orbit a black hole, you're retarded.

If you're equating the schwartzschild radius and the orbital radius at a given velocity, you get a orbital velocity at exactly the schwartzschild radius of c/sqrt(2) - less than the speed of light. So you can theoreticall even orbit a black hole inside its schwartzschild radius.

parallel universes have lately been proven incongruent with our current understanding of physics

People get aids