Will video games die in our life time, just like pogo sticks and tabletop D&D faded away?

Will video games die in our life time, just like pogo sticks and tabletop D&D faded away?

Other urls found in this thread:

chan.sankakucomplex.com/?tags=awa shauna_(pokemon)&commit=Search
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tabletop D&D faded away
get a load of this guy

Those were never massive industries, just fads. They're not really comprable.

D&D is alive and well fool. Don't talk out of your ass

Na, pogo sticks were physical exercise and video games just replaced tabletop DnD.

Unless you count virtual reality as a different entity, then video games won't disappear.

People will always want a way to escape their dreary lives and find something that will give them an easy sense of accomplishment and self-satisfaction.

Only the most hardcore nolife ultranerds play D&D. It's not the 80s anymore, obasan.

>implying tabletop games aren't more popular than ever thanks to the "professional geeks" like Kevin Smith, Wil Wheaton, and Felicia Day

>tabletop D&D faded away
I don't know that dilberts and dildos has ever been significantly more popular than it is now

if any medium is going to die, it's books followed by movies

>this is what normans actually believe

Books are actually more popular than ever.

Vidya's been dead for like a decade now, senpai

That's exactly who has ALWAYS played DnD you sperg.

Video games won't die. Triple A titles might get too bloated, but there with always be indie games.

>calling people nerds on Sup Forums
I'll take hanging out with friends and playing games over being alone in a dark room with my TV/monitor, thanks

I don't think I've ever seen so much publicly played D&D in my life than the last few years.

I walk past some nerd stores/comic stores and see people playing all the time now.

D&D is literally entry level shit for tabletop you sperg.

>books
How so? What makes you think this millennium old invention will die anytime soon?

more popular because more people are reading or more popular because e readers make accessing huge swathes of them easier for a select few?

D&D is more popular now than it ever has been

>that image

That brown girl is the best Pokemon girl and I usually hate brown girls.

Can't wait for it. Perhaps I'll actually do something productive with my life then. Like, take up carpentry or something

>I usually hate brown girls.
Please just end your life.

bro get in here then

When you live in a city and go to schools filled with shitty brown Hispanic/Mexican girls all your life you learn to hate them.

I'm pretty sure that applies to everything though.

with the age of digitization of everything hipsters will flock to the physical tabletop gaming scene for the novelty and obscureness and credibility it will give

a dark age is coming

White skin brown hair girl is best in Sun and Moon.

>tabletop D&D faded away
Pump your brakes, kid. That game's a national treasure.

I'm gonna need a source or at least an artist for that image, pal.

As opposed to the 80s, when only the most hardcore nolife ultranerds played D&D

Good, im glad Dumb ass Normie cucks like you haven't ruined something as fun as Table Top RPGs

One Harry Potter book sells more copies than all the Mario games combined, senpai.

Not unless civilization falls.

All will die in my life time

>will an entire media industry die
>like one toy did
>the pen and paper game is still going

Bruh...

Old toys died with more stimulating toys were introduced. Video games will die, when a more stimulating device is introduced. Like genuine VR. But even then, people will just make games inside of VR. So that's kind of like playing video games anyway.

The only real way to kill video games, is to invent something both more stimulating, and transcending our desires beyond their primitive boundaries.

Shauna was so fucking boner inducing holy shit

Nigga they are getting more and more popular by the year. Video games aren't phoenixes.

It's the shorts and the brown.

>runs out of his room to show off his new pogo stick

Awww fuck...

Actually that's pretty fucking impressive sales figures for single books to match entire series sales except Super Mario series.

>Only the most hardcore nolife ultranerds play D&D
There's guys and girls at my work who play D&D who I bet have better lives than you. Heck, them having jobs probably puts them above you in the first place.

Vidya can't die until humanity as a whole stops buying vidya-related anything.
As long as there's cash to be made, jews and executive suits will milk it until it bleeds and dies.

Like user noted above DND will only get more popular because of muh counterculture.
And honestly I'm one of them, gone are the days where cynical assholes can call people out for physically gathering in one location and interacting without a screen to have a good time and imagine something.

Maybe if a game and a book cost the same.

5e actually added a lot of people, lots of people I know started playing d&d for the first time recently in the past 2 or so years.

>self-admitted bandwagoning hipster
Why not try liking something without being told to?

Tabletop D&D never died, you just don't have any real life friends that play any games loser.

If you're that desperate you can go to a local comic/game store on D&D night. Hell twitch even has streamers that have D&D campaigns that tons of people watch.

Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, you shitskin.

Not true

D&D is popular as fuck and normies love it, just watch all those stream plays on youtube.

Gaming won't die, might get less popular when the next big thing comes around but there will always be an audience for games.

only good post in the thread

Tabletop fucking blew up in the last 10 years, I was even coerced by normie co-workers to play Pandemic with them

>perfect loli butt
>nearly flat chest
>dat brown
The perfect combination for diamonds

>someone playing D&D calling someone else a loser

I play DnD every other sunday night with a group of 6 people, 4 of us work together. It's pretty fun to just sit around, have a few drinks and play.

If anything, the people playing tabletop are more normal than those on this board that sit at home in the dark playing video games alone

Since we're talking D&D, anyone have that screenshot of the dude whose character was a bear with max charisma and passed as a noble?

Nice try but nobody tells me what to like, I'm also pretty sure you're argument is redundant because thanks to the Internet pretty much everything has a group of people advocating for it (like Sup Forums and traps and wiafus).
Sorry you're edginess makes you hate everything

The new Silver Tower's a ton of fun, I'd recommend it. Me and 2 friends have been playing a load of it the last week.

Hey yo

Oh man, it's been too long.

the cool people play Traveller

It's literally more popular now than at any other point in its history. Mostly because of hipsters, but still.

Real niggas play Amber. It's been out of print for damn near twenty years.

Find someone who plays Amber, then you know they're on the level.

>pogo sticks

Reddit please leave

Pogo sticks were a fad, like hula hoops.

D&D and other tabletop/PnP RPGs are still very much alive, despite the sheer incompetence of WotC.

To answer the question, though: no, video games aren't going anywhere.

am I too old (30yo) if I wan to try PnP RPG?

I have a friend that wants to try it, but there is only the two of us

There are plenty of people 30+, even 40+ playing them. The main trick is finding a group (easier if you don't have to jump right into the DM/GM role as a novice). Ask around at your local hobby store.

No? That's the age of your average tabletop player.

2 player games are fine for one shots and what not, just gotta have a good setting/system and a good GM.

If you're both completely new it might be a good idea to see if there's any group near your area though.

D&D, Pathfinder, Shadowrun, and now even Call of Cthulhu have "organized play" where you can drop in, learn to play, and be part of a "living campaign" without having to commit to a home game. Chances are there are conventions close to where you live that do this kind of thing, and organized okay is getting popular because it gives a sense of community-wide progression, like an MMO in tabletop form.

I've seen people of all ages play, so it's never really too late to start.

As soon as you idiots stop buying shit games.

lol

that's the only reason why /tg/ is cooler than Sup Forums and Sup Forums united

Gross dude she looks like she's 12. Why do you guys like these little girls from video games? Why not a regular adult girl? I don't get the users on this site....

thanks, that's good advice

I will check for some groups and maybe we two could try something

I am from the badlands (southamerica), tabletop is not very common here

get a load of this guy

some pen and paper games are composed almost entirely of really old men lol

It's a scene from a XY&Z episode

I think he means the edit where she's down to her panties...no way they'd take her down that far on the show

>Why do you guys like these little girls from video games? Why not a regular adult girl? I don't get the users on this site....
Maybe you should leave.

If you consider the state of Tabletops death, then I guess it's possible video games suffer some sort of "death" close to that. But actual death is extremely unlikely.

dungeons and dragons is alive as it's ever been, are you high?

there was your mistake, 2D>3D

will we have electronics?

probably

will we have games?

absolutely

put two and two together.

chan.sankakucomplex.com/?tags=awa shauna_(pokemon)&commit=Search

>Shorts
>Brown
>Flat
>Brown
They hit all the right marks

I grew up in a part of America where 70% of the people were hispanic. It had the opposite effect for me. I grew to prefer the hispanic girls. Because of better curves and brown skin.

Good man

>haha you watch big bang theory too! BAZOOPER HAHAHAHA

You accidentally put brown there twice, boss.

>you will die in your lifetime. if you are 20 years old and live to 100, you have 22,000 days left

>22,000

>divide by half due to sleep and shitting and showering and all that other bullshit

>11,000 days left to live

>them having jobs probably puts them above you in the first place

You're actually the first genuine normalfag I've seen in weeks, how's monotony treating ya?

>obasan
Phew, for a second I thought you'd call me obaa-san.

>brown
>brown
>brown

That's a slight tan at best you fuck. Doesn't need to be full negress but calling that delicious brown is just plain ignorance.

>ITT: Faggots pretending they play and like board games just to be in the epic screencap

Those aren't real sales, you can't compare them since they aren't sold in the same way. For example, a ton of people just read the books in the library which isn't considered a sale, where that counts the ones that were bundled with the system.

Sounds like you are the token geek that got picked on. Be fucking serious, if there was a group of black girls, as ghetto as can be, at least one is sensible or at least is covering it.

>That's a slight tan at best you fuck
Her name is fucking Shauna

Yea, that's pretty much the point you autismo.