Xenoverse 2 Thread

New interview: rpgsite.net/interview/4899-interview-with-dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-producer-masayuki-hirano

>More emphasis on attack balance to prevent spam
>Burst Dash added specifically to counter runners
>Stamina Break to prevent combo breakers
>Wear whatever costumes you want without worrying about stats
>Change the past to outcomes you want

I can't wait for that Japan Expo news explosion. How about you, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2016/06/23/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-will-fix-fighting-system-issues-previous-game/
youtube.com/watch?v=JksajvPAKPs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Give me Tenkaichi 4 god fucking damn it. I don't give a shit about making my own OC if they'll be stuck in a shitty game.

Bamco didn't gave a balance fuck after the first game came out, and it won't give a fuck for the second game.

Fuck off.

lets just hope they got rid of the stats for clothes

>No words on having tails
>Still have to Travel around a hub
>Only 5 Races again no new ones are being added
>OC characters are still going to be OP and broken.

But they did. They nerfed stuff like Super Electric Strike and removed invulnerability from a huge number of blast ultimates, among other things.

They were very vague about it, but that's what I'm hoping for too. Having an appearance slot system would just feel redundant when they could just get rid of the stats entirely.

i don't mind that they don't add more races
in fact they should fix the ones they have
like kid and super buu body type for buus
or tails for saiyans

Do you have sources on these?

I'm still mad Towa's avatar costume was water downed horse shit

It didnt even have her heels

siliconera.com/2016/06/23/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-will-fix-fighting-system-issues-previous-game/
>We don’t have plans to increase the number of races from Dragon Ball Xenoverse. There will be five, but we are going into each race and expanding the experience with each one.

And a boob slider, and a muscle slider, and super saiyan hair actually changing, and so on.

I don't understand the cries for more races when the existing races still need a lot of improvement.

Does this mean we'll be getting female Frosties, or have they been confirmed as male only at this point?

fridges are male only like nameks

I'm a little sad we won't see new races in the game such as Bio-Android or whatever Magetta's metal race is, but I am glad they're focusing more on character creation. Hair-styles were severely limited as was Namekian and Chilly Willy creation, I'm at least glad the Cooler mouth guard/head carapace was there though.

I'm hoping they remove some of the outfit items as well. Do we really need like 10 Saiyan Gloves? The majority of them are exactly the same, same with boots.

Just give us generic Saiyan Armor and the ability to color it. Shoulder Pads, Sleeveless, waist guards, Gine's skirt one, etc.

Also RNG, but that's a given.

androgynous hermaphrodites

They need to just make everything colorable.

Well that too, and allow you to change your character colors afterwards if you aren't happy. I can't tell you how many times on a Chilly Willy I've wanted to change his colors based on new armor because it looks odd, but only certain things are able to be changed.

Ki color should also be able to be changed.

I'm pretty excited. This first game left nothing but room for improvement. No doubt that 2 will be better, its just a matter of how much.

I'm really looking forward to what the story changes incur. Is it just gonna be like "predetermined missions with set outcomes that we don't see the whole story after that" such as "you saved Raditz, but you don't get to see how that impacts the story beyond him killing Goku/Piccolo and taking Gohan". or is it gonna be like PQs again where it's just more missions and nothing more?

I really hope there are basically multiple story points where if you save or kill a character we get to see how the rest of the story unfolds. Like I'd love to see what would happen if Uncle Raditz survived and say didn't kill Goku/Piccolo and became a Z-Fighter. Would love to see him during the Cell Games going SSJ trying to save Goku and Gohan from Cell and being a good brother and then all his stuff with Frieza that could have been.

>Goku doesn't die so he doesn't get King Kai's training so no Kaioken
>Raditz warns Goku and Piccolo of Vegeta and Nappa
>Raditz trains Goku and Gohan instead
>Piccolo trains alone
>Other Z fighters do their separate training
>Vegeta and Nappa arrive to Earth and wipe them all out because Raditz is weak shit
>Goku, Raditz and all of the others train with King Kai simultaneously
>earth gets destroyed and sold though

Well, it'd be different than that but still interesting.

Just give me the android race

I think you mean
>Raditz tells Goku about the near death bullshit Saiyans have and they all grind to level 99 by constantly beating each other half to death
I think a beefy Raditz/Goku combo could deal with em.

what would be their gimmick?
>human have already auto ki charge
>drain ki/stamina are already moves

To be fair they probably could train enough at least Goku and especially Raditz to deal with Nappa. Goku got his ass beat by Vegeta anyways.

Imagine if Raditz, Gohan, and Goku just started beating each other to near death after Raditz explained the Saiyans to him. I think Raditz could possible end up taking Vegeta with training. I mean Goku went from what like 300 weight weighted clothes to like 8000+ with weighted clothes from King Kai? Granted gravity was different, I imagine they could bullshit Bulma doing it instead. I mean that's like a 26 times increase for Goku in power level, Raditz was 1500, he'd be massively stronger than Vegeta by that point even in Great Ape. Hell he'd be on lower Ginyu Force levels.

Raditz was strong because he already had the gravity training on planet vegeta. He wouldn't get much stronger unless he abused saiyan hax

>Movie villains finally getting some screen time
>Clothes don't affect stats

The more news i hear, the more hyped i get. Considering the japs are getting it this year, we're probably going to get it early 2017, yes?

>More emphasis on attack balance to prevent spam
Ki attacks should be long range designed to whittle away opponents.
Ultimates should be usable once a match but be fairly powerful.

Autumn 2016.

XV1 was released within 3 weeks of the JP release. I don't see the release date gap being any further than that.

Are we getting super buu looks for male?

Ty user

No clue yet. Wait until Japan Expo (July 7th).

If they give us Super Buu and Kid Buu body types, that'd go a long way to explaining why they didn't add a single new race.

Well not entirely, we don't know the gravity of all the planets he went to compared to King Kai's world.

Let alone him actually having to train in the same way Goku did with weights and such. Since he was a Saiyan he likely just destroyed whatever was in his path with no real effort. Either way, I think a properly trained Raditz and Goku would be fine against the Saiyans. I think Raditz would have ultimately been a better trainer for Gohan too due to Saiyan hax.
Yeah I'm excited for Cooler and Janemba. We'll probably get it a month or so after Japan, XV1 came out pretty soon after it. Maybe 2 months at most due to the extra character voices.

XV1 had a simultaneous worldwide release.

no
japan had it 3 weeks before the west

WILL IT HAVE BEAM CLASHES?

DB NEED BEAM CLASHES!!!!1

Oh, sorry.

XV1 had a simultaneous worldwide release *on PC.*

This.
It's always retarded when beam clashes aren't in a dragon ball game when it's such an integral part of the series.

what if we kill the androids but we still need Trunks to go super saiyan so we have to kill future Gohan? What if we end up telling Gohan what must happen and he lets us kill him because he understands???
WHAT IF

I was about to contest this statement, but then I looked at the list of beam clashes in the series and realized just how ubiquitous it is.

Hopefully this isn't something they fuck up.

They better give us some decent beard options this time. I know japs are allergic to facial hair but come on.

> I know japs are allergic to facial hair
I hope this scene impacts something at least

Fucking gay

I brought Xenoverse for the PS4 as hype levels were too great. Having a riot but some shit is broken beyond. Why do masters just talk shit without indicating what to do to reach next level? why do clothes = stats? Why is the RNG so fucking low for drops? Also why is super Vegeta 2 + Big Bang + all points in Beam Supers so OP? I just power up and fucking obliterate folks over and over. Are brawler onlys any fun? Recommended builds?

So if you had to pick one event in which to change in Dragonball, which would you pick. Even if it's as simple as "X character beats Y instead".

I would either let Raditz live or Ultimate/Mystic Gohan to beat Super Buu.

Never played the first one. Is the gameplay like Tenkaichi 3?

Also, lack of Super Trunks, his SS hair as an accessory and your own saiyan character not being able to go past L2 is fucking bullshit. I would have been happy with L3 and hippy hair.

>Masters
In most cases doing PQs with them as your partner makes the meter go up. Goes up faster if you just pick two of the character, such as two Vegetas.
>Clothes=Stats
Probably intended for people to min-max, but fortunately this is being fixed in XV2 and just being for Fashionballs.
>RNG
To make the game last, but they went a bit overboard with it. Elder Kai in the DLC as a master increases drops significantly.
>Supers Spam
They didn't really think much about Saiyans having unlimited uses of it instead of basing it on Stamina. Seems like they're trying to fix it in XV2.
>Brawlers only
My first character a Chilly Willy/Ice Cube/Freezy Pop/etc. was mostly a Brawler with some Final Flash and Galick Gun in places, he was a lot of fun. I mostly played it however I wanted and just had fun like I was actually in the DBZ universe.

Has Gine made an appearence in a game yet?

She has, Extreme Butoden and the new Fusions game coming out.

XV2 needs a way to explain all the mechanics even how to use a move
it took me a while to figure out how to use the first ultimate because the game didn't

Yea we want another dbz game with 200 characters that play the same and have the same moves!

Same here, took me awhile to figure it out myself.

They also need a control option beyond just "combos". I can't tell you how often I forgot what throw was for the damn Great Ape missions, it eventually just turned into Final Flash/Perfect Kamehameha them to kill them.

Now if only they could settle on a color for her armor. If Goku has Bardock's colors then she should have Raditz'.

Don't bother. Even if their taste is shit, it's not going to change.

Let's hope she and Selypa make an appearence in the same game together.

Where's the beam struggles?
Where's the custom transformations?

>Change the past to outcomes you want

>Cooler shows up on Namek around or before Frieza starts jobbing
>goes 5th Form and tries to fuck up Goku and the Time Patroller
>loses
>this unlocks a path in Resurrection F where you fight against both Golden Frieza and Golden 5th Form Cooler
>Vegeta actually gets a separate fight against Cooler while Goku fights Frieza and you go toss Sorbet's salad to prevent Goku and Vegeta from getting cheated out of a win
>Whis keeps sending you back in time and calling you Elementary School insults if you fuck up
Make it happen Namco.

>no kai/demon race
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Again, wait until Japan Expo (July 7th). We'll know a lot more then.

I wouldn't bet on beam struggles happening, though. If they didn't show it in the reveal trailer, it's probably not in.

Really hoping for more transformations. Going SSJ was cool and all but I got tired of having to make different forms for my Freezer each time I wanted a different look. They could do it like SSJ or Kaioken with different levels, but unlike the monkeys the TF lasts for the rest of the match, but maybe causes stamina to gain more slowly or something

XENOVERSE 2 CONFIRMED TO HAVE FUTURE GOHAN

youtube.com/watch?v=JksajvPAKPs

THEY JUST RELEASED GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE OF TURLES BATTLING FUTURE GOHAN

On another note the fighting seems to be improved atleast from a visual aspect, let's hope they fixed that floatyness.

My question is why the fuck didn't they use that model in the trailer.

A-are you just dicking around or are you really that slow?

>Tainofag calling anyone slow.

Seriously leave and never come back.

Because they're fucking lazy m8.

Cell kills Gohan then Goku kills Cell

Wow, dude. Nice burn. Really good. Made perfect sense too.

>Tainotard completely unaware of his own retardation.

It cracks me up, you keep it up you little scamp

Raditz is the easiest and most obvious one. I want to see how the entire series changes if he becomes a member of the Z fighters.

Even if what said is mostly true.

My friend and I are going to play Xenoverse later today since he got it on Sale.

I beat the Story mode back at launch and I never touched co-op PQ's. Do we BOTH have to unlock a PQ to play it together or does only the Host(Me) have to unlock a PQ and I can just invite him to it?

Sucks that the Story itself isn't co-op then this wouldn't be a issue, although its a minor one.

Only one player needs to have it unlocked to play it.

You can also join random PQ lobbies regardless of what you have unlocked. You might end up being less than useless if you're under leveled, however.

Ok perfect, I enjoy DBZ FAR more than he does, as he barely knows who the characters are but we both enjoy the same sort of games and hes enjoyed trying it out whenever he came over to drink and play games.

Now I don't have to worry about forcing him to play Story just to do more co-op and let him do that at his own pace.

Thank you

What are you talking about? He had every right to call the guy presenting weeks old info as something new slow.

Yeah but tainoshitters are not allowed to insult anyone because they're already bottom of the barrel

The roster wasn't why Tenkaichi was fun. If they had a good designer rework the Tenkaichi formula they could have a real gem on their hands. I don't give a shit about roster but spergs do and that's why XV is a success even though it plays so poorly.

Tainoshitters are just as bad as buufushitters

Taino has some sort of personality, though. Can't say that for the generic Buufus.

>Taino
>personality.

OH THE DELUSION