What are your thoughts on Sonic?

What are your thoughts on Sonic?

Other urls found in this thread:

info.sonicretro.org/images/7/71/Classic_sonic_orthographic.svg
youtube.com/watch?v=gtSmFc-hHrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he fast

His games have never been good. Even the original 2D Sonic games are ass.

strong, can fly, can reach the other side of the rainbow

some of the females have nice ass in some fanart

You're wrong.

This. Though the 2d games arent as, theyre just about ok

Tell me about the chaos emeralds. How do they always end up in vastly different special areas?

Mario, while you lay there, hopefully as uncomfortable as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me.

I want you to digest this because before I leave in 3 weeks as Sup Forums’s favorite mascot, I have a lot of things I want to get off my chest.

I don’t hate you, Mario. I don’t even dislike you. I do like you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most people in this industry.

I hate this idea that you’re the best. Because you’re not. I’m the best. I’m the best in the world. There’s one thing you’re better at than I am and that’s kissing the game critics ass.

You’re as good as kissing the game critics ass as Rockstar is. I don’t know if you’re as good as Naughty Dog though. They’re pretty good ass kissers. Always was and still is.

Whoops! I’m breaking the fourth wall! (Sonic waves to the camera)

I am the best video game character in the world.

I’ve been the best since day one when I walked into this industry. And I’ve been vilified and hated since that day because Yuji Naka saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit. That’s right, I’m a Yuji Naka guy. You know who else was a Yuji Naka guy? NIGHTs. And he (or she) split just like I’m splitting. But the biggest difference between me and NIGHTs is I’m going to leave the industry as Sup Forums’s favorite video game character.

I’ve grabbed so many of Arin Hanson’s brass rings that it’s finally dawned on me that there just that, they’re completely imaginary. The only thing that’s real is me and the fact that day in and day out, for 25 years, I have proved to everybody in the world that I am the best with this attitude, with my games, even in my comic books! Nobody can touch me!

And yet no matter how many times I prove it, I’m not on your lovely top 10 lists. I’m not covered at E3. I’m barely cared about by SEGA. I don't get to have big roles in movies. I’m certainly not on any crappy game on the PS4 or Xbox One. I’m not getting any news about whatever my next game is anymore. I’m not on the poster that’s produced for E3. I’m not on Conan O’Brian. I’m not on Jimmy Fallon. But the fact of the matter is, I should be.

This isn’t sour grapes. But the fact that Mario and Pac-Man are considered to be timeless greats and I’m not makes me sick!

What is this.

Oh hey, let me get something straight. Those of you who are cheering me right now, you are just as big a part of me leaving as anything else. Because you’re the ones who are giving those top 10 lists views without me right now. You’re the ones that buy those E3 programs that my face isn’t on the cover of. And then at five in the morning at the Flying Battery Zone, you try to shove it in my face and get an autograph and try to sell it on Sup Forums because you’re too lazy to go get a real job.

I’m leaving as Sup Forums’s favorite video game character on July 22nd. And hell, who knows, maybe I’ll go defend it in /vr/. Maybe…I’ll go back to /sthg/.

(Sonic looks at the camera and waves)

Hey, Alex Kidd, how you doing?

Way past good.

what's objectively the best sonic design?

The reason I’m leaving is you people. Because after I’m gone, you’re still going to pour money into this industry. I’m just a spoke on the wheel. The wheel is going to keep turning and I understand that. Shigeru Miyamoto is going to make money despite himself. He’s a millionaire who should be a billionaire. You know why he’s not a billionaire? Because he surrounds himself with glad-handed, non-sensical, douchebag yes men, like the Nintendo Treehouse, who’s going to tell him everything he wants to hear, and I’d like to think that maybe that company will better after Shigeru Miyamoto is dead. But the fact is, it’s going to be taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son and the rest of his stupid family.

SA/SA2.

the most overrated serie in the history of gaming

Let me tell you a personal story about GamerGate alright. We did this whole anti-gamer campaign--

(Mic cut off.)

Sonic is love.
Sonic is life.

I'll always love him for starring in Sonix 2--my first video game. And he's given me a lot of fun hours over the years.

But dear Lord these days its like watching a lurching zombie shuffle on with no particular destination or purpose.

10/10

You'll never be as cool as me. Never were and never will be. Welcome to the next level bitch!

info.sonicretro.org/images/7/71/Classic_sonic_orthographic.svg

what about this sonic?

sorry can't save image for some reason

>(action)
Fuck off autist.

Classic Sonic is alright, but I almost feel like classic and modern Sonic are two completely different entities.

What did he mean by this?

Favorite levels? I always loved this one.

Five years later, and I can still read it in Punk's voice, inflection and all.

Sonic is mostly garbage with the occasional okay game, and it pisses me off that Sega has wasted so much effort and money that could have gone to better IPs

Star Light, Hill Top, Icecap, Lava Reef, Speed Highway, Metal Harbor

The series? It's had its up and downs, definitely not as bad as people like to make it out to be.
The character? He's okay, I liked his classic personality more, he seems more like a dick these days

Classic Sonic is cute! CUTE!

>tfw other sonicfags are spawning in my place
Disgusting.

Marble, Hill Top, Launch Base

I was not expecting a CM Punk copypasta in this thread, nice one m8

Rooftop Run is, was and will always be the best stage. I can't even get into real detail about why but that level just reminds me about why I love video games more than any other level in any game ever made can.

youtube.com/watch?v=gtSmFc-hHrw

That's the stupidest thing I've read all day, and I literally just woke up.

Autism

That clear file for Super Knuckles looks pretty fucking cool

>he doesn't get it

are the autists a vocal minority or a just the majority?

extremely vocal minority

like wrestling smarks

great games

Large, large majority, and yes, they are on Sup Forums also.

>Large, large majority

pun intended

I started playing Adventure DX. I'm having a blast with it, but it controls like ass.

A once beloved series that died over two decades ago.

1 decade*

this is what sonic should look like

Take away his spin dash, buff that crappy ass spinning air move that sucked balls from sonic advance.

As a matter of fact they should have just kept on with the sonic advance series, and maybe sonic fighters.

>spin dash
I mean homing attack

Generations was fantastic, do it again except make it with new levels and worlds not just ones based on older games.

damaged goods

why is rouge the bat taken away from google search suggestions?

Nah. Series died after S&K, and that shit came out in 1994.

fuck off sonic autist op

what?

That he's gay, because he's already dead at 25.

Mario thread?

Seriously, with Sonics attitude now, I think this would be a perfect design for him. Especially with the ninja run thing he does.

Sure. Let's also give him a visible penis while we're at it.

Wouldn't matter at that point because only furries will be playing his shitty games.

with naruto style running and fighting it would actually be cool even though I know naruto and sonic are both weeb shit but combine both

Go away BRB, Sega already said no.

Okay, lets give him a backpack and make him vulnerable as well

but the current sonic fanbase already is furries
well furries and literal autists

I liked sonic because he wasn't a pussy like mario, and knuckles wasn't a total fag like wario. Luigi and tales suck tho

Also let's cut his hands off

>want to talk about sonic in sonic threads
>threads are infested with furfags talking how they would like to smell some cartoon rabbit's feet

Sonic Adventure was a mistake.

post ur sick rare sanics

I'm not saying dump shit like that dude did on Youtube.
Why the fuck couldn't they di this for him? Cause it looks "cool"? Isn't that what sega is going for anyway? If you ask me, this just makes sonic more appealing.
For those who've played sonic colors, imagine this designed sonic running through starlight carnival. That'd look awesome. And it would pook even more awesome if the animations for sonic werent just us see a blue ball for a jump, or his running animation as of now. The clothes, and spikes would add a much more appealing view for anybody watching him
Foreal, if they did this design, tweaked his animations a little to incorporate the new design, Sonic would be at his peak again.

LOOK IN MY EEEEEEEEEYE, WHAT DO YOU SEE?

Because Sonic is supposed to be more cartoonish rather than a more anthropomorphic design like Jak or Ratchet are.

I liked the original games because of the soundtrack and the environment, like the background. the fucking levels gave me comfy feels. I hated how everything fucking stopped me from runningreallyfast. I just wanted to run.

Pretty much. At least the first one is boring, desu.

A requirement to enjoy Sonic.

>autism is required to enjoy sonic

now I'm fine.

A complete shit franchise with one of the most obnoxious and passively-aggressive fans out there.
Sonic is just a giant glass house and deserves every bit of shit it gets.

That said, I'm a fan of the comics

A CULT OF AUTISTS AND FURRIES

>A complete shit franchise with one of the most obnoxious and passively-aggressive fans out there.
>Sonic is just a giant glass house and deserves every bit of shit it gets.
>That said, I'm a fan of the comics

Wow. What an odd thing to reference/parody, but props nonetheless.

It's been 5 years since the CM Punk promo. 6/27/2011

>sells soul to be mobile
>the only character to have not one but TWO failed reboots
>kikestarter clones are superior to his "best"
>25 years with only 2 years of not being a laughing stock

>2 years
1991 1992 1993 1994 1998 1999 2001 2002 2003 2009 2010 2011 2012
Those were his years m8

heroes was shit

heroes was 2004

Huh, so it was. I was thinking it came out the same year as Advance 2 for whatever reason.

Modern Sonic > Classic Sonic > Pontaff Sonic

I agree. Modern looks especially good in Unleashed.

Post good to okay sonic games
Sonic The Hedgehog (1991)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (3 alone and &K alone are good too)
Sonic 1/2 Game Gear/Master System
Sonic Chaos GG/MS
Sonic Triple Trouble GG (introduced based fang and sunset park yo)
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Pocket Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Advance 1
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Advance 3
Sonic Rush
Sonic Rush Adventure
Sonic Unleashed (underrated, werehog takes getting used to, day stages are great)
Sonic Colors
Sonic Generations
Sonic 4: Episode 2 (improved upon sonic 4 episode 1, actually an enjoyable game)
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed

no

Blaze is cute! CUTE!

Cute little autistic kitty cat with boob envy.

I share the same birthday like him.

And afraid of heights