Have you ever played a fangame that was legitimately good?

Have you ever played a fangame that was legitimately good?

Other urls found in this thread:

emuparadise.me/News/comments.php?id=979
emuparadise.me/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_(SNES)_ROMs/Chrono_Trigger_(USA)_[Hack_by_Kajar_Laboratories_v1.0]_(~Chrono_Trigger_-_Prophet's_Guile)/33341
youtube.com/watch?v=lD_iveFe9fU
youtube.com/watch?v=R6BLtb8VUug
fugly.com/media/flashdir/Game/Scary_Maze_Game.swf
steamcommunity.com/games/453800/announcements/detail/800894401516276203
uploads.ungrounded.net/459000/459403_bunkerq1a.swf?123
comdotcdn.com/games/files/d6e858177b96795ed4b71e273da8dda1.swf
youtu.be/FDthE3yD8ew?t=1m8s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Undertale

I'm making my way through this, how is it? I'm also playing Redesign.

Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes

Unfinished, it's still work in progress and only goes up to Sector 6 I believe.

What the fuck is that?!

There looks like there's no fucking room to maneuver there compared to the original game.

it's not finished but it's pretty good so far, my only gripe with it is not being able to play on a console/handheld, it just doesn't feel the same.

Fan interquel that links Trigger with Cross using information from Cross' design document, Radical Dreamers and quite well written fanfiction.

The Legend of Zelda Parallel Worlds

Cognitive Dissonance

Yes.

Just started playing through an ff7 mod called new threat. It adds tons of stuff like passive abilities to each character and new sidequests and superbosses. Can't say much about it so far but it's definitely much harder than the original game.

Yea and it even topped the original..

That never came out and you never played it, try harder faggot.

>still no xen

Castlevania: The LeCarde Chronicles

I guess you aren't an insider then.

Unless you provide proof then you're fool of shit.

That was actually finished?

>Played Metroid II when it first came out
>Beaten it about a dozen times
>Just learned a month ago about the real way to beat the Queen

I never seen it mentioned anywhere. Noticed it in a TAS of the game.

I guess? I have it installed and can play it.

If anyone wants to play Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes, link here:

emuparadise.me/News/comments.php?id=979

Scroll down to the part where it says Update 2 and Final Rom, that's what you want.

There's also Prophet's Guile, where you play as Magus directly after the battle with him where he got sent to Antiquity and you learn how he became The Prophet.

emuparadise.me/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_(SNES)_ROMs/Chrono_Trigger_(USA)_[Hack_by_Kajar_Laboratories_v1.0]_(~Chrono_Trigger_-_Prophet's_Guile)/33341

Both are great and some of the best fanfiction material I've ever seen, mostly because they autistically adhere to exhisting canon material in CT, RD and CC.

Shooting at its mouth?

Can we get one fucking shred of info on this game? Sorry I don't lurk Sup Forums 24/7 and I'm not up to date on the memes that started 20 minutes ago.

Nah, you get eaten by it and bomb its insides.

That's not the correct way, that's the way you do it when you run out of missiles.

this has been in development for years, how about you try using reverse image search for once you turd

you don't sound very sorry user

Are there any other good CV fangames?

youtube.com/watch?v=lD_iveFe9fU
Serio's Castlevania Fighter

Yeah I know that one as well, anything else? Any romhacks?

youtube.com/watch?v=R6BLtb8VUug
Findesiecle hack for Harmony of Dissonance

Help me out because I've heard there are many versions of this including betas, unreleased leaks and versions released from different groups. What's the best version to play?

I know that one too, I know the Alucard Hack for AoS and the Hugh Hack for CotM as well. Anything else?

Holy shit someone else played it besides me. Game is good shit, rough around the edges but I loved it desu. Can't wait for the sequel

Already linked in the fucking thread bro. Play Prophet's Guile first.

Avoid Flames of Eternity, it's cancer. Basically some dude stole Crimson Echoes and made some shitty changes to it, such as adding back Frog's YE OLDE SPEAK even though that was localization bullshit only in the SNES version of CT and the proper official translation of CT on DS doesn't have that bullshit.

Oops, disregard this post then, this
Is all I need. Thanks user

This flash game is pretty good
fugly.com/media/flashdir/Game/Scary_Maze_Game.swf

It's a screamer isn't it?

The Castlevania part is after the maze.

Now I know for sure it's a screamer, thanks for saving me the trouble

Wasn't RenegadeX okay? Probably dead now though.

/tg/s Chapter Master was pretty fucking bomb

Can you still get that for free, or is it only purchasable now?

>Midnight Animal is cancelled

this is a great hack and I wish my friends wanted to play through this with me.

The updated version is the one on steam, the older legacy edition is still free on the site.

WHAT?

Half Life Point Of View

steamcommunity.com/games/453800/announcements/detail/800894401516276203

WHAT THE FLYING FUCK

Yeah. He gave a big rant on the Steam forums about how it was ruining his life or something. Wasn't he selling shirts for it too?

I fucking despise cunts like him who drop their projects BUT DONT FUCKING RELEASE WHAT THEY ALREADY HAVE SO SOMEONE ELSE COULD FUCKING FINISH IT

GOD WHAT A FUCKING KIKE

>GIVE ME 100.000$ OR ITS NEVER HAPPENING

EAT SHIT FUCKFAKE

Black Mesa was terrible compared to the base game. What it added in atmospherics does not make up for how bad the gameplay is. Why the fuck did troopers do so much damage?

Hurrican.

Dennaton probably wouldn't mind finishing themselves, depending on how close to completion it was.

Why the fuck didn't he give it to Dennaton?

Let me guess, you're one of the faggots who found normal too hard but was too stuck up to play it on easy?

Probably too close to the project to see someone else finish it. I feel for the guy, but saying its on hold forever isn't cool at all of him.

>feeling for a retards that drops a project because a slut dumped him
Fuck you too

>ABLOO ABLOO GF DUMPED ME WAH WAH WAH

Seriously literal fucking beta omega numale cucklord.

Did you not play the original? 3 seconds in front of their guns turns your armor to tissue paper.

Houchou Shoujo Gensoukyoku & Houchou Shoujo Gensoukyoku: Memories of Replica - Metroidvania fan games of Yume Nikki. Still better than Yume Nikki either way.

Zelda Classic - remake of original Zelda with 100's of user-made Quests.

Rockman 7 FC
Rockman 8 FC
Quint's Revenge - Mega Man 2 GB remake
Mega Pony - Mega Man & My Little Pony, lol
Interceptor(complete edition) - remake of the game on the Super Scope 6 SNES cartridge called Intercept. Easily 10x better than the original.

Touhou fan games:
Koumajou Densetsu 1, 2 - platformer Castlevania clones
Touhou Defense Force - isometric Earth Defense Force
Yami no Rumia - Kirby clone
Maristice - clone of Solstice for NES

uploads.ungrounded.net/459000/459403_bunkerq1a.swf?123
Heres one just for you user

>furshit
Die

Not only one of the best fangames i've ever played, but one of the best games i've played period.

Why does Alucard sound like such a fag in that video? I remember him sounding rad as fuck saying shit like, "Dark metamorphosis!"

I think Marisa and Alice, based off of Mario and Wario is really fun. The sequel especially.

Dracula X Chronicles voices

comdotcdn.com/games/files/d6e858177b96795ed4b71e273da8dda1.swf
Fuck the shitters in the rest of this thread.
Here's an actual GOOD Castlevania flash game.

Merry Gear Solid 1 and 2 are GOAT Christmas games.

Why'd they go with that then?

this

Super Smash Flash 2.

Megaman 21XX
Neo Sonic 3
Sonic Robo Blast 2
That's about it. A lot of fan games are legitimately terrible because implementing a basic engine is only a small part of the equation and a lot of fan game makers suck at level design.

I thought Mass Effect 2 was pretty good.

Because DXC SotN actually has accurate translation and better voice acting. Just because it doesn't have your le ebin maymay what is a man xDDD doesn't mean it's worse.

this game is legitimately the best 2d mario game since world maybe even better

Not what I expected.

>iconic and memorable vs instantly forgettable
Sorry but it's much worse. Like, 100% worse.

Not to mention
>Instead of gracefully admitting they simply don't have the time they must go full YOU GUYS ARE RUINING MY LIFE HOW DARE YOU ENJOY MY WORK SUCK MY DICK CHOKE ON IT

When is that Sonic Robo Blast 2 update with slopes and totally overhauled castle level?
How much longer do I have to suffer?

Welp

>forgettable
Like all of Castlevania dialogue.
The only reason the original was memorable is because of how utterly fucking horrible it was, a prime example on how to not do voice acting. Seriously kill yourself for defending that memetic piece of shit.

Is the updated version the complete game?

If you think that wimpy ass child's voice is better than the one in Symphony of the Night then I'm not sure why you're even giving opinions about sound when you must be deaf.
>DXC has accurate translation
Oh boy, now instead of the writing being memorable and funny, it's just shitty young adult fiction tier crap. What joy.

No.

Say one line from the new translation. From memory. I'm waiting.

It might as well not even exist.

Guedin's AoT fan game
Bubsy 3D
Sonic Dreams Collection
The Sewer Goblet
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden

die, monster

That's disappointing. I assume they no longer have the intentions to finish it as well.

A measure of good dialogue is not being able to remember a specific line afterwards. There wasn't anything so jarring that it stood out, everything flowed seamlessly.

Dracula, die now and leave this world, you'll never belong here!

It flowed seamlessly in and seamlessly out of your head.

Wow that's amazing

chorus of mysteries is GOAT

This one is still enjoyable.

youtu.be/FDthE3yD8ew?t=1m8s

Nigger listen to this delivery and Dracula's voice acting and tell me with a straight face that this is worse than the garbage, overacted and mistranslated piece of shit that is the original. Your nostalgianigger goggles are showing.

It can't be helped. Humans brought me here to worship me.

do Doom mods count?

so stuff like this is only memorable because it's shit?

>comparing movies made with dialogue in mind to Castlevania, a low budget Japanese videogame made with gameplay in mind
Holy shit this delusion

That's a list of best single lines, not best overall dialogue. None of those would make the best overall dialogue list, I can tell you that much.