Imagine this, Sup Forums:

Imagine this, Sup Forums:
>Nintendo Direct for next month
>reveals the usual stuff, new amiibos, some indie games, super smash bros update, etc.
>everyone thinks the direct is over
>reggie shows up on the screen
>'Before we go, we have just one more big surprise for you.'
>screen shows princess peach's castle and zooms in onto the pipe in front of it
>'WAH HOOOOOOO!'
>mario jumps out of the pipe, and the camera pans to the sky
>the words appear in the sky: Super Mario 64 HD
>everything is redone, the music is orchestrated like super mario 3d world, and all the enemies and bosses look better than ever before
>screen shows gameplay at the bob-omb battlefield
>mario climbs the mountain and defeats the bob-omb king
>screen changes to the bowser boss fight, mario grabs his tail and swings him onto the bomb, making the screen flash to white
>COMING TO THE WII U AND NX APRIL 2017

Be honest, would you buy it?

If they fix the camera, yeah
I like Mario 64, it's a great game

>HD remake
>not Super Mario 65
I just want a real sequel to SM64 that doesn't have some silly gimmick like Sunshine and Galaxy.

>wanting remakes rather than new games

The best way to make a Super Mario 64 remake is to pretend Mario hasn't had a single game since 1996. No modernizations in the designs or atmosphere, no new characters, no shoehorned gimmicks like Yoshi hats or limiting moves and power-ups to certain characters. It shouldn't look all plastic like the fan remake, it should have its dinginess remain but with more detail and polish.

Just make Super Mario 64 like they would have in 1996 with today's technology and techniques and more storage space. Add some extra content like in 64 DS, but don't make it feel so tacked on. Add extra areas to the castle that feel natural and organic. If you're adding new characters, don't gimp Mario and make them necessary for verain stars, make them totally optional. Impliment Yoshi, but have him be a mount, Super Mario World style. Also he can talk, and only uses YI sound effects.

No. I don't know why anyone ever buys shit like this.

I'm sorry that you are you, OP.

What an awful idea. I really hope they don't do this.

64 already got a remake. Where's my Sunshine HD?

If it had a level editor I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I don't care, just show the NX already

Like Toad's Tools?

no, we need them to actually show the fucking NX for once

Sunshine HD would be nice btw

Nah. I know SM64 like the back of my hand. All I would do is bitch about every way they changed it and wonder why I'm not just playing the original.

I wouldn't buy it cause I don't own the console, nor do I want to. But if I did, I'd buy it. But even still I'd rather a SM65

Yeah OP, because the original is almost unplayable now. It's aged terribly. Unlike Rayman 2 and some of the other early 3D platformers, Mario 64 is in dire need of a remaster/remake.

No need for remake, and I don't think that they would even want to make a sequel with M64 aesthetics and design. Just give us something completely new, perhaps they would hit the gold vein again like they did with Galaxy.

How so? It controls very well.

But would Sunshine HD really even be necessary? Besides resolution, it still looks good and plays well. Releasing it in VC would be good enough.

Why do people like remakes so fucking much? You can still play the older games.

Camera control is terrible.

Remember the super mario collection on the SNES? How about that, with all the N64, GC, and Wii games as well? Or maybe just the 3d games, that would be a great collection that would sell really well.

You are NOT going to say that Rayman 2 aged well, let alone better than SM64. I just played Rayman 2 for the first time a year or two ago and it was nigh unplayable. Its camera was somehow worse than SM64's, its controls were slippery, and I'm still ass-mad over that lava level where you had to jump across on a plum.

They're not terrible, but they can be quite finicky. Yeah it'd be better with a camera like Sunshine's.

Which version did you play?

Dreamcast. By all means let me know if that was a butchered port, but I read it was the best version.

not gonna happen
if anything its gonna be on the 3ds
SM64 is one of few n64 games that aged very well, i dont see the point
i'd rather have them make a new one

daily reminder that wii u can natively play gamecube games

source?

galaxys gimmick worked. it surpassed 64 in every way pretty much.

I love Sunshine, but Sunshine HD would be the same as Wind Waker HD. Just 100% unnecessary. Both look and play completely fine, and other than a port, just seems like a waste or resources.

except that wiggle control that could have been replaced with a button press

depends, does scuttlebug hovering is still the same?

>music is orchestrated like 3D World
>like 3D world

Not the same guy, but from what I heard the Dreamcast version just adds the Globox Village or whatever it's called.

Still better than the DS and 3DS ports though. Those are hands down the absolute worst versions of the game