Why havent you preordered one yet? Youre not a poorfag are you?

Why havent you preordered one yet? Youre not a poorfag are you?

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/answers/id-2100657/connect-gtx-780-power-supply.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because the 1080ti will be far cheaper for the exact same shit

Rather buy another gun

11TFLOPS... Jesus.

Just getting a 1060 for now to save money.

>$1200 GPU
>play nothing but indieshit and overwatch
>"master" race

Because I don't like ramen noodles and diarrhea for a month.

Why havent you bought one yet?

>used

Name 1 game that requires a Titan X

you cant

Nuts.wad

GTA IV

I don't need it to play console ports.

Metro at 4k.

Gets like 25fps on a GTX 1080.

thats about it.

minecraft on ultra

dorf fort in 16k :^)

this man gets it.

So, this is what it comes to when theres zero competition

when people shit over AMD, sometimes rightfully so,

but if you want one company that makes things, well here you fucking go, great job.

also: this is a 8/2/2016 GPU, xbox scorpio is coming out in 11/XX/2017, 15 months after. There WILL be an even newer titan by that time.

Scorpio what at that point? (and already at this point)

Scorpio will probably be similar to a 1070.

Scorpio is all a huge load of bullshit anyway, it won't be anywhere near as powerful as they claimed. Just silly to even think so.

Probably not even that. More like a 970 at best.

I really doubt it will be that weak by the end of 2017.

What would even be the point of making such a big deal out of it.

graphically rendering that shouldn't be too difficult, but it would probably give your cpu a stress test

Well, they've already said they set out for 6TF (teraflops) from AMD.

an RX 480 is around 5.5-5.8 teraflops, add in scorpio's CPU and you're at 6TF.

now a RX 480 is generally slower (in DX11) or faster (DX12,vulkan) than a 970.

so yes, probably around 970 performance, keep in mind consoles are better suited to use their hardware than PCs, so bump it up to an overclocked 980 in terms of PC.

its good, but not THAT good. and their 4k claims wont be met, MAYYYYYYYYYBE at 30fps, not at 60fps for mainstream titles.

whats the point? keep in mind todays consoles are equivalent to a 750ti, a slow piece of shit.

This is CPU limited, not GPU limited you fucking mong

Is this thread a joke? The 980ti and 1080 murder the Titan X.

>Got an auto-notify from newegg that the Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1080 was available
>Was in my US History class
>Get home after class
>Already sold out again

richfags only, poorfags get out

tfw 7870 and feel lucky to run new releases at 60/med-high

>tfw poor

That's the new Titan X
Pascal titan x so It's the Titan X V2

>US history
Dude what? are you a sophomore in highschool or some shit?

>buying a $1200 GPU only for Vega to beat it in a year for half the price

>mfw I start my real job tomorrow

50k a year fuccbois can't wait to upgrade this rig from 2006

>tfw when two 980tis
feels good man, waiting for the 1080ti to ditch the SLI meme

I haven't because I'm happy with my 390 and couldn't afford it even if I wanted it

>1070 price drop never

Just gonna grab a 980ti I guess

Because the 1060 will be enough for me. I don't like shit performance on consoles, but I'm pleb enough that I'm satisfied with 1080p 60 fps at max on PC.

I spent two whole days trying to install my GTX1070.

GPU installation, easiest thing in the world right?
Well I stuck it in, powered it up, and it caused my whole computer to power on, then off, then only boots after the second power on. And even then it can't detect that a GPU is even attached.
Spent entire day messing with BIOS, re-seating everything with no avail. What are the chances that the first GPU I order in YEARS is a dud? Might have to RMA, but I'm not even entirely sure the fault lies in the GPU. Maybe the power is insufficient? Maybe the mobo PCIE slot is wrecked?

If I do end up having to RMA and the second one is also a dud I won't even know what to do. Or if the fault lies in my mobo or PSU I have no idea what to do, those were bought in 2013...

What power supply do you have ?

/thread

my nigga :^)

Nvidia drivers lel

Welcome to pshit gaming
Enjoy spending 10,000 until you finally replace everything 15 times until you get it working, then you'll have to upgrade and do it all again

Seasonic X Series 750W.
The GTX1070 came with a two 6-pin to one 8-pin adapter. My PSU cable forks into two 6+2 pins. Each of those 6-pins are going into the adapter.
Don't know if I connected it properly. I've heard some people say they don't use the adapter and just plug one of the 6+2 pins into the GPU.

I had to take a US History course in college as well. It only taught me that I didn't learn jack shit in my high school course. In fact I'm not even sure why they bothered in high school because I had to wait until college to actually learn shit about the subject.

tomshardware.com/answers/id-2100657/connect-gtx-780-power-supply.html

Read through this.

Good luck user.

Crysis

>tomshardware.com/answers/id-2100657/connect-gtx-780-power-supply.html
Thanks. So basically they seem to imply I don't need the adapter cable at all. I've already tried that configuration and still had the same issues.

I have a new lead now though, I suspect it has something to do with my mobo BIOS version being way, way out of date (the mobo is Z87 PRO which was old in 2013, and was using a BIOS version from even earlier).

I'm going to flash my BIOS to the latest version tomorrow morning then try the GPU again.

This better be bait, you obviously stick the 6+2 connector in the 8 pin slot instead of messing around with adapters.

Did that initially but encountered the error. Some user recommended using the cables they provide instead. At this point makes no difference.

Why the fuck did they call it Titan X, then?

They should just move on to a numbering system.

Isn't this the 4th Titan?

Call it Titan IV and explain why!

nvidia is objectively bad at dx12/vulkan
Dropping money on a "futureproofing" card from them is stupid. If you're just going to replace it in a year anyway because you're rich then go for it.

>Async is the only aspect of DX12/Vulkan
wew lad

VR shit because of the innately higher hardware requirements; you're getting less graphical settings out of the same hardware.

You're making the wrong conclusion here.

AMD is bad at DX11, and DX12 fixes the problems they couldn't fix.
Nvidia is good at DX11, and DX12 doesn't bring the same benefits because of that.

Is that truly because the engine is pumping out brain melting visuals---or is it just some poor slav programing rearing its head?

What gun, user?

So question related. But I'm getting a 1070 sc and am currently wondering if my cpu will be able to keep up. I have an A8-7650k. will that keep up with the 1070 sc? It's late, I'm tired, and I don't give a shit, someone please just answer me truthfully.

Depends on the game. It will hold you back in some, while in others it won't be a huge problem.

Just make sure you don't get an AMD card with a bad CPU. The driver overhead really hurts their performance without a good CPU.

Yeah if I was looking for more cpu based games like Civ or warhammer then I'd say fuck it and get an i7. but since I'm more of a Crysis and Killing floor kind of guy, I so I need a cpu to just keep up with it.

4k is tough. Try running the Witcher 3, max out all settings at 4k.