We all love HoMM3 - 5 is ok too

so i just downloaded Horn of the Abyss and sweet baby jesus this feels actually really like a great add on. everything ive seen so far is pretty sweet even through i dont get why they changed the look of some units like the pikemen or orcs.

if you guys love homm3 you should really try it for yourself

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/
vcmi.acidcave.net/mdt_forge.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1 castle
2 rampart
3 tower
4 necropolis
5 dungeon
6 inferno
7 fortress
8 stronghold
9 conflux
0 cove

Reminder this is what HOMM5 would look like if NWC didn't go under with 3DO

Install HD Mod you moron.
It's compatible with HotA.

sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/

>Necropolis would still have the shitty grey with green aesthetic as in Ubisoft version
And nothing of value was lost.

Post your favorite
>Town
>Creature
>Spell
>HoMM game

Necropolis
Lich
Implosion

I love all the quality of life improvements like showing the range of numbers for wandering creatures instead of just saying something like Throng or Lots, and the updated damage tooltip showing estimated kills saves a lot of time. I'm not happy that they nerfed Necropolis into the ground, so I still go back to vanilla whenever I want to play them and mass skeletons. Is there any way to get the tooltips into regular Heroes 3?

Necropolis
Master Vampire
Mass Haste/Slow
3 and 4 equally

>Castle
>Faerie dragon
>Prayer
>3

Are you talking about some mods or what?

looks like 4

>inferno
>troglodyte
>scuttle boat
>heroes 4

yeah, Horn of the Abyss

HotA is great. Shame that Kronverk, Cathedral and the Alternate Units will never be added.

>tfw original forge town never ever

Polish dudes already implemented it into VCMI.

vcmi.acidcave.net/mdt_forge.html

It's different from the original.

dat wireframe look

>Post your favorite
>Town
Fortress
>Creature
Basilisk
>Spell
Dispell. Fuck magic.
>HoMM game
Basically tied between 3 and 5
But 5 has no Basilisks and Fortress, so 3.

>tfw got a cloak of undead king built in week 2 of a random map with a necro starting town

Shit was bonkers.

It's slightly different.
They replaced the shitty cyborg zombies with armored robo militants, which is a change for the better.
Grunts/Mercenaries are still there, just with updated sprite that doesn't look like Orcs.
Pyromaniacs are still there, just with updated sprite that again doesn't look like just red zombies.
Stingers are still there with updated spite.
Jump trooper minotaurs are still there.
The only units they truly replaced are Juggernauts and Tanks.
Tanks got replaced since original are just naga bodies frankensteined to tank wheeltracks, their replacement is brainsuckers.
And Juggernauts (aka frankensteined Bone Dragons with robotic parts) got replaced with Dreadnaughts which fill the same role but actually have unique look.

Generally the entire goal behind their changes was just get rid of the shitty hastily put together reused assets that original Forge had. Those blatantly reused frankensteined units from other factions just looked like shit.

well sheeit i have to try it

Here's original Forge units and lineup, just look at those blatantly reused assets. It's obvious it was hastily thrown together and wasn't actually finished.

What the fuck my picture got eaten.

rampart
to hard to choose honestly i like so many
implosion/haste

And here's the VCMI forge.

Tanks got replaced by those Brain Suckers and re-tiered to Tier 4, while Jump Troopers got re-tiered to Tier 6.

Rest is basically original concept untouched just with better and unique sprites.

How do we save Homm?
Which studio should buy off the franchise from ubisoft?

So is 4 worth playing? I already got it from gog somehow. Any good mods for it?

Nobody will buy it since Ubi will not sell it.

>How do we save HoMM
We can't. Even if the next heroes game sold 5 copies Ubisoft would still keep the IP and HoMM will wither away into obscurity like mainline MM.

>Tier 7 unit is dragon golem from IV

There's the Equilibris balance mod for it, though you might wanna play vanilla for a bit and see which you like better.

4 is pretty fun as long as you're not expecting it to play like 3. It tried a lot of cool new stuff, though it didn't execute everything as well as it could have. The dwelling choices could have been awesome if they had been balanced and not almost always no-brainer choices. Caravans were really awesome and mostly replaced the tedious mule heroes that only ferried units around. Having heroes as units was cool but unbalanced as fuck. I also liked the class system, but it was pretty unbalanced too. I really loved that virtually every creature gets a special ability, and that right clicking gives useful information on just about everything in the game, unlike heroes 3. It's really nice to know exactly what an artifact or map building does, or what a special ability or stat does.

The battle system is probably the hardest thing to get used to, the grid is unnecessarily tiny, retaliations happen simultaneously with attacks, and ranged units retaliate against other ranged attacks.

>It's slightly different.

So it's still not THE 3DO-style forge.

And brainsuckers are a terrible idea.

Is this from the base game?

it's heroes chronicles I think

It's from Heroes Chronicles - Clash of Dragons.

H1
>Town
Warlock
>Creature
Dragon
>Spell
Armageddon

H2
>Town
Warlock
>Creature
Black Dragon
>Spell
Armageddon

H3
>Town
Dungeon
>Creature
Azure Dragon
>Spell
Armageddon

H4
>Town
Death
>Creature
Archangel
>Spell
Hand of Death

H5
>Town
Haven
>Creature
Archangel
>Spell
Implosion

H6-7 are crap.

>HoMM game
Heroes 3 complete, with 5 + alla ddons being a close contender

I have the HD mod for heroes 3, but I don't have the auto battler/quick split stack stuff. How do I get that?

Are they worth playing? Writing seems good.

enable HD+

How do I do that? I went to scenario settings and "more options", but all I see is the chess timer.

Dungeon
Power Lich
Chain Lightning

They're alright.

The first one has good writing, the others are entertaining but nothing special.

Wait, if you mean on the launcher, it's checkmarked.

It's in the HD mod launcher

if you like homm campaigns, sure
the story is mildly interesting
the first few are kinda easy since hero transfers and gets pretty op after a while, but later ones are pretty brutal

It's checkmarked in the launcher. On the webpage it shows a bunch of option in the "more settings" in the scenario page, but I only have the chess timer. Unchecking the HD+ in the launcher removes the "more settings" entirely, so I know it's actually enabled...

>>Town
Dungeon
>>Creature
Any kind of golem
>>Spell
Disrupting Ray
>>HoMM game
III

Only time I completed HoMM campaign was the half undead guy's in 4. That one was fucking awesome.

Otherwise, nothing but random maps.

It was going to have the same setting.

So what are your favourite random map templates in 3 besides the super overplayed Jebus Cross?

You mean NWC

When you go to the settings on the adventure map do you get an option for quick combat?