Da Orks!

ORKS WILL BE IN ETERNAL CRUSADE NEXT WEEK!
YA GITS READY TO WAAAAAGH!?
youtu.be/Ihf5yRPm6Mc?t=639

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KK_x9Bd82V4
youtube.com/watch?v=J-nI-KkEpw4
youtu.be/Ihf5yRPm6Mc?t=1866
youtube.com/watch?v=nW8TVTRsPqU
youtube.com/watch?v=AUf96q3FVjc
youtube.com/watch?v=jS5KzHaIycg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ork theme from the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=KK_x9Bd82V4

Are they still the F2P race? So I can play without paying for this game?

The F2P ork thing was dropped into post launch I think.

I'm not paying money for this broken, unbalanced, low population game

>orks
>not f2p
DROPPED

Nobody if forcing you m8.

Personally, I am pretty happy with the game, even in it's in development stage. It is basically Star Wars battlefront 40k edition, the game, which is something I have wanted since I was a wee lad.

Are there vehicles

I would love to play it but

>p2w cash shop
>factions totally unbalanced
>track record of every other Games Workshop franchise release

Did they make it good yet? I've not played in months on account of it being hot garbage.

>Orkz are a melee race!
>I 2

official trailer for the game lol
youtube.com/watch?v=J-nI-KkEpw4

Are you saying the f2p ork thing is gone or is it just delayed? That was the only part of the game that sounded interesting to me, like hell I'm paying a subscription to play a game in 2016.

Yes.
Each race currently has a transport (Rhino for marines, spiky rhino for chaos, Wave Serpent for Eldar, and a truck for orks), a tank (Predator for Marines, Spiky predator for chaos, Falcon for Eldar, and a looted tank for orks), and an ordanance vehicle for certain maps, that is intended for breaking gates. Eldar have warp hunters, but I don't know what the rest of the races have.

The cash shop isn't p2w. The weapons you get from there are simply cosmetic variations.
Also, the factions being unbalanced, while annoying, is to be expected from a game that is still in development. The Eldar don't even have all their classes in yet. The banshees and hawks are getting in next week according to the most recent twitch stream.

Delayed to my knowledge.
Also, the game isn't going to have subscription, where did you get that idea from?

I'll keep hoping they can turn it into a good game. Would definitely consider it, free or not, if it's actually good in the end.

I swear back when this game was just being announced I heard it was subscription with ork boyz being the f2p containment race. If it's not a sub what's the point of having a "f2p race"?

Back then, Eternal Crusade was aiming to be more like Planetside.
Now that all the useless idea men are gone, it's going to be an up scaled version of Space Marine's multiplayer.

Well, in my opinion, it has a very good foundation, and just needs a ton of polish and more content to flesh it out. The ranged combat feels really good, basically improved version of Space Marine's shooting, with the addition of weapon fire modes, being able to take cover, and far more diverse range of weapons. The general mobility is also far better than it was in space marine, as you can vault over obstacles, climb atop of stuff, peer from cover and fire at fuckers etc.
The only thing that still needs tons of work combat wise is melee, as it is still confusing, and a bit clunky.

I don't remember that sort of info, but it might have been the case few years back when the game was announced.

To my understanding, the f2p orks would have been a sort of free demo of the game, and by buying the game (like you'd buy any other game), you would get the rest of the content of the game.

they scrapped the original idea, purged the forums and the staff of the original conceptionists, and then basically shoe horned in a 3rd person battlefront clone...with less players per team, buggy animations and hands down embarrassing game mechanics and end game, that effectively makes every round or battle unco-ordinateed and irrelevant...WHILE PEOPLE HAD ALREADY PRE-ORDERED FOR THE ORIGINAL CONCEPT!

they quite literally are the stereotype of rip off early access merchants

The original game idea had nothing to show for itself. No gameplay footage, just a bunch of models, and it was not getting any better.
I am glad that they purged the fuck out of those useless idea guys, with their lead, we would never have had any god damn game.
At least now, there is gonna be some sort of 40k shooter with more races than just marines.

They are trying to turn the game into a thing that they can actually afford to make, the original project had made no real progress.

Shut yer trap panzee

Correct. The game will be F2P after launch, but only Ork Boyz will be playable for F2P players.

Is it still going to be an MMO where the factions take land from each other and the 'Nids serve as balance?

Not at launch, but the devs have stated that the eventual goal is to make the game into something like that.
I remain skeptical of that. I would like for the game to eventually become planetside 40k, but as it is, I am content of it being just battlefront 40k. I doubt that the devs are able to pull of the whole planetside style stuff.

>said from the beginning it would flop
>mfw reading posts like

This and DoW3 are turning out to be irredeemable garbage. Even that Inquisitor ARPG looks more promising.

Lel, EC is looking way better than DOW 3 m8.
It actually captures the feeling and aesthetics of 40k decently, and doesn't have ridicilous shit like backflipping terminators.
It also is pretty fun to play, though we can't really say much about how DOW 3 is going to play in comparison, as we have so little info.

Backflipping Eldar are appropriate of course.

Last I played of it lag made melee fucking unbearable so unless they somehow fixed that shit I'm not going back because I want to play Orks and be choppy and that would just be suffering.

One of the recent patches improved the performance immensely imo. Melee is also op as fuck right now, though that is mostly because every space marine/chaos faggot spams power fists and mauls, which are too fast and powerful right now.

Are Heavy Bolters still ass? It saddened me to hell and back to see me hit a volley of heavy bolter rounds into someone only for them to never fucking die ever yet when I switched to Tactical marine it'd take less than half the amount of rounds to down someone.

They are pretty powerful right now, and ranged weapons will get additional buffs next week.
The role of weapons like heavy bolter or heavy shuriken catapult is not to strictly kill fuckers though. They are area denial, and suppression weapons, that will kill anyone foolish enough to charge right at them, but their main purpose is to support your team mates by forcing the enemy to stick to cover.

Looks like some fucking lego shit. I can't take this seriously.

What?
They look like the miniatures, so what's the problem?

>The way he kicks the Marine over, then casually struts past and shoots him in the face

Eldar are the best.

They are pretty fun, but unfortunately a bit underpowered right now. Lacking two of their core classes hasn't helped.
The shuriken catapults have also been very lackluster ever since the Eldar were added, which is bad, because Avengers are the only capping class the eldar have, but nobody wants to play a class that is armed with a tickle gun.
Thankfully the devs intend to buff them in the next patch.

Note that these webms are somewhat outdated now, as they are like 2-4 patches old at this point.

I need to make new ones. The Reapers for example, have tempest launchers now (rapid fire grenade/mortar launchers, with ridiculous range) and warlocks have gotten new psyhic powers, destructor (force lightning), protect (shield bubble), and jinx (amplifies the damage enemies who are hit by it take), in addition to the renever (healing power).

>hands up don't shoot

The knife execution they have is even better. Too bad that I have no webms of it.

Basically, the eldar just causually stabs a knife trough the side of the marine's head, and strolls off. It is brilliantly arrogant looking.

>orks get released next week
>probs next post will being elite classes
>theres a possibility to become a mega nob like in that really popular ork ec image

hol' me, boss

>that Loota execution animation at:
youtu.be/Ihf5yRPm6Mc?t=1866

STOMP EM GOOD LADZ!

>track record of every other Games Workshop franchise release
Battlefleet Gothic and Total War Warhammer are excellent though.

DIS THREAD AINT' ORKY ENUFF, SPEAK UP YA GROTS!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=nW8TVTRsPqU

Preddy good, but I prefer the themes DOW games had.
youtube.com/watch?v=AUf96q3FVjc
youtube.com/watch?v=jS5KzHaIycg

wagh.

WUT WAZ DAT?
YUZ SOME KIND OF GROT?

I know they're not supposed to be strictly kill things weapons, but it did feel kinda shitty when I accurately shot people only for them to never die, it made me feel like the heavy weapons' only purpose is to suppress, and good luck trying to get pubs to coordinate for that to be useful.

They are gonna get reduced spread, which in addition to the buffs they got in the last patch, will hopefully make them proper killy.

Is the game still populated by nothing but that one clan the refused to play anything other than Space Marines and refused to play at all when Mark of Nurgle was the new hotness because suddenly the SM weren't the OP faction anymore?

they really don't though, the miniatures are a scarred matte blue, whereas in the game they have a dull gloss and are one straight colour

You can paint your miniatures however the fuck you want m8. Using the color scheme of the miniatures as an argument is fucking retarded.
The proportions are exactly correct in the game.

i just mean the colour used in the game does not reflect what people typically expect, and looks out of place compared to the environment

Oh, I see.
The Eldar armor does look somewhat too metallic to me too.

Those animations are dreadful, the whole game looks like a really really unpolished Space Marine 2 multiplayer.

I kinda like the eldar looking out of place next to everything else, they're the most alien thing in the game.

Can you play with more than 16 players now? I thought it was going to be like Planetside.

Fuck off to tg worm

Depends on the map.
The big ones support way more than just 16 players.
Hell, even the smaller maps support like 20-30 people at least.
The Fortress maps can have like 60 players.

how many player maximum per match

cut the equivoical bullshit user

no "player count in the future", no "it depends".

Right now, right this very moment, how many players per match?

?
Before EC was released, SM had like 2-3 clans playing daily.

Depends on the map as I said.
The smaller ones support support 16x16, whereas the bigger fortress maps support 32x32 players.

>they have been working on this game for years
>every time they show it, it looks like some high school kid is trying to make his first video game

abandon all hope

>abandon all hope

No need to, seeing how it is a solid game that just needs more content and polish at this point.

>being hyped for Eternal Crusade

Please kill yourself. The game is less competent that Relic's 2011 Space Marine. It's being made by a pack of fucking retards, as showcased in the video which you linked, who can't even follow their original manifesto and implement 1/5th of the features they lured people in to their "BUY SOME SHIT NOW. PLS TRUST US." campaign.

Avoid this shit like the plague. Let it die.

They don't follow the original game's manifesto because it was unfeasible shite made up by a bunch of idea guys, like Miguel, who didn't get anything done, and either left the company, or were canned.

The current devs are for the most part, people who were hired to salvage the shitheap the original devs had left behind, and make an actual game out of it.

And guess what, they have made an actual, playable game, that is smaller in scale than the original insane visions Miguel and his ilk pushed, but it at least fucking exists.

Also, multiplayer content wise, EC already shits all over Space Marine.

>all the gameplay shown so far, including all the webms in this thread look absolutely embarrasing
>just needs more content
>just needs more polish

It's just an alpha! It's just a beta! They'll patch it, right!?

Stop kidding yourself. This game needs to be scrapped. It's garbage.

>Also, multiplayer content wise, EC already shits all over Space Marine.

What are you insinuating? SM was pretty terrible. I played the fuck out of it anyway because when it worked well it was satisfying.

Why would I, or anyone that liked it even remotely be upset that the formula has been improved?

>70 replies
>29 posters
>that one guy shilling the fuck out of the game with those shitty webms every thread

>waah, it looks bad because I say so.

It has more and bigger maps, more classes, more races, more weapons, vehicles, and mechanics like psykers, healers, supression, stealth (in the form of Striking Scorpions) etc.
It objectively, has far, far more content, than Space Marine ever had.

SM still feel and play better than EC.
However I do think that EC has room for improvement.

>posting gameplay and discussing the game, instead of blindly shitposting about it like you are doing.
>shilling.

Who hurt you m8?

Yeah, that's true. SM multiplayer combat does have a far more solid and polished feeling to it, especially to the melee. EC's ranged combat is on par with SM for the most part imo. Melee on the other hand, is seriously lacking.

Legit some of the funniest shit I've seen in a long time. This is some Steam Greenlight-tier shit right here. Holy fuck. That backflip made me lose my shit.

Thanks user.

Space Marine's melee wasn't that good either though.
It basically boiled down to spamming chainswords because they had the quickest attack speed, and thus were the best option every time. The only way shit like Thunder Hammers were useful were if you managed to catch your opponent by surprise, because those weapons had so slow attack speed.

I always thought it was a fucking tragedy how badly GW wastes their IP's

haha jesus christ look at those animations. that character looks like it isn't even a part of the world. that is horseshit. if you paid for this game, you are a literal retard

>and thus were the best option every time
>I've never played Dreadnought Assault

>The only way shit like Thunder Hammers were useful were if you managed to catch your opponent by surprise, because those weapons had so slow attack speed.
You have a jump pack for a reason. And a stun attack.

>It basically boiled down to spamming chainswords because they had the quickest attack speed
True but it's still better than what EC has.

>so what's the problem?
Old outdated miniature in shitty heroic scale?

>less competent than Space Marine
Space Marine was fucking good though.

This is choppy as shit and not in the good way, but the foundation for something great is definitely there. How's the sound design though?

Combat was really satisfying
>Pick Devastator Marine
>Raptors think they can swoop in on my slow ass for an easy kill
>Shoot them out of the air or stomp them into the ground

That's exactly what he meant when he said "less competent". As in, Space Marine was good but this isn't.

The sound design isn't anything exceptional (though weapons do sound pretty good), but it serves it's purpose fine. I don't have any real issues or problems with it.

Enjoy trying to do that in EC.

Ooooo Boyz look at me I'm wun of dem panzy knife Ere Gitz

So you hate 40k in general?

do they plan to add more blood and gore? im not really satisfied

>I've never played Dreadnought Assault
That mode had barely any players month after that expansion was launched.
In standard gameplay, there was practically no reason to ever use anything other than chainswords.

>You have a jump pack for a reason. And a stun attack.
Both of which are countered by anyone with even the barest of situational awareness, and knowledge of how to play.

EC's melee right now, is bugged and flawed, but it still has actual counter system to various attack types. It isn't working properly, but the devs are tuning and improving it with every patch. It has potential to be better than SM's melee was, though right now, it isn't.

No, that is incorrect. They scrapped the idea. Now it is just a simple pay-once shooter.

You do not have to pay a subscription, and there is no way to play for free,

If it means anything, unless the Eldar animations are significantly worse than everything other part of the game for some reason, his computer is just shit.
The game actually looks fine.

Some of the Eldar animations are a bit goofy.
Hopefully they will be fixed.

The Ork ones will be equally shit, if not worse. The Tyranid animations are fucking hilariously bad.

Ork animations look a bit goofy too, but I see no problem with nid animations.
They look pretty much like the nid animations of DoW 2.

probably a dumb question but will we see IG? having a team with more players than the other would be funny

>So you hate 40k in general?
Nah, I love Smith art-design, love some things in fluff, but yeah, in 2016 I hate 4th edition models.

The devs have stated that they have no plans for including IG.
The game is designed around superhuman characters duking it out. A normal human like IG would be hopelessly outmatched, you'd need like 3 times the number of IG players for every marine player to make it even remotely lore accurate. Problem is that nobody really wants to play as cannonfodder faction that needs to drown their enemies in their own corpses.