What happened? Will the franchise make a comeback?

What happened? Will the franchise make a comeback?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtv.com/news/2461855/bungie-on-the-contradictions-between-halo-reach-and-halo-the-fall-of-reach-novel/
halo.wikia.com/wiki/2401_Penitent_Tangent
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm not really rooting for it to be good like I was for 5 because now they're porting it to PC and it's going to suck dick

343 happened. Halo died with 4. Nothing else matters. They burned up any reserve good will they migh have had with patient fans by thoroughly fucking up MCC for like 6 fucking months. No one who loved Halo cares anymore.

The people that play 5 must be new to the series, just glad to have a multiplayer shooter with neat physics. It's nothing against 5, I'm sure it's a decent video game at it's very core.

Halo Wars 2 will satisfy my need for some good halo fluff that I've been needing since Reach, it'll probably be my last Halo unless someone other than 343i does it

i dont think Halo 5 is being ported to the PC my friend

The Forge editor is, a bunch of Forge Wizards asked for it so they could do shit faster and with more precision

thats it IIRC, I think you can crossplay customs with friends but i'm not too sure about that.

343, No

It's the highest selling console exclusive of this gen.

This is 100% true.

Is this a joke? Fuck!

They could do that retarded sliding down the hill guns blazing shit but they couldn't do a proper superhero fight scene

pathetic

Multiplayer is good for H5, I play it regularly on and off.

343i need to sort out their campaigns, they've took the story in a retarded direction. They can salvage it, but they will likely crash and burn again.

Still, high hopes for H6's multi. H6 will be on W10 as well so hopefully we can get some custom games going.

pretty fucking bad ass! blending movie with videogame.

5 is a legit good Halo game, the best one since 3.

Master Chief deserves better.

If Sonic the Hedgehog can make a comeback almost anyone else can.

>Supersoldiers

its only failing is having a shit story
everything else is top tier

.......should we tell him?

What?

Marcus ducking Lehto. Reach being made by a bunch of new devs while a fucking Art Director was the Project Lead was the biggest mistake Bungie could've made. It was clear that he was a bitter asshole about MS being involved in Halos 1-3 along with the extended because Reach shows it in every way.

*fucking
Getting tired of my phone.

I hope Halo 6 is good but I'm not counting on it.

shit awful campaign

great multiplayer

Pretty much this.

343 happened and no it's never coming back you slut.

The opposite of Halo 4.

But Halo 5 has the best MP the franchise has had in years.

Halo 4 had one of the weakest campaigns in the series (on it's own merits it was good but not great), and a fucking awful story.

Halo 4's story is one of the few things as bad as people make 343's stuff out to be.

Campaign was in my opinion still better than the shit fest that was Marcus Lehto's prequel.

MCC is still fucking broken btw

who are the most important Halo characters?

Halo 4 campaign was garbage

They butchered the didact's character (and made him look fucking retarded)

All the new characters were fucking annoying especially the Spartan 4's and the super strong OC DO NOT STEAL UNSC INFINITY

Cortana and chief didn't act like they used to at all

Chief's story ended at 3

I sort of got the impression the Chief was supposed to be a walking, human tank, which doesn't really work well with a fistfight...

No it's not.

What's your issue with reach's campaign?
>inb4 it retcons the fall of reach even though it factually doesn't

In canon? The Librarian, The Gravemind, The Didacts, Halsey, Mendicant Bias, and John in that order.

The didact's personality makes sense in conjuction with the forerunner books, but I pretty much agree on all other points, especially in regards to Cortana's personality change

In my opinion Halo ended at 3. I wished Bungie's Halos 1-3 team would've made Reach with Marcus sorry ass staying as the Art Director because he and the Reach Team royally fucked that game.

still waiting for you to answer

Not that user but yes MCC is still a glitchy buggy crash-filled mess

I get put into empty lobbies, lobbies where everyone is invisible, sometimes the screen only loads the top corner, menus constantly glitch ontop of eachother and don't dissapear when you exit them, freezes, achievements not unlocking, etc

I only bought the game in January and apparently there wasn't any patches since late 2015 so this all happened on the latest version

I've reinstalled multiple times and everything. Every other game I own runs flawlessly. MCC is a piece of shit.

Well, I haven't any issues like that even since day 1.

The only problems I run into are minor graphical bugs in H2A's campaign with sentieal beams once in a while and the occasional networking error.

The only thing you need to hear about 343 era-halo is this

>precursors (ancient alien race that created humanity and forerunners)

>literally synonym for forerunner (who by the way actually called themselves forerunners, it wasn't just a name used by humans and covenant)

>trying to prove they are the most responsible child, the forerunners kill tons of humans and then kill most of the precursors

>precursors are shocked by this so of course the logical course of action is to grind themselves into dust and put their dust into containers

>humans feed the dust to their pet alien doggies

>pet alien doggies turn into the flood

There you have it, the flood's canonical origin. I fucking hate 343

The precursor/forerunner triology lore is fucking awesome though. No shit if you explain it like that it sounds dumb as fuck though.

Because it is dumb as fuck

It's not though.

Avery J. Johnson

>who by the way actually called themselves forerunners, it wasn't just a name used by humans and covenant

But this was known since CE because 343 Guilty Spark, a Forerunner construct, called them Forerunners

I hate everything about Reach
>new Bungie members working on the game not Halo 1-3 guys
>Marcus Lehto an Art Director is now leading the project
>because Marcus was ass blasted about MS involvement with the series he starts retconning the shit out of everything
>bitches about how Noble Team is better than Chief because they take off their helmets to show that they are human when they're more flat than Chief ever was
>talks about how the game has a compelling story even though it's boring from start to finish with Cortana tagged on
>says the game is going back to CE's roots but clearly Marcus never understood why Halo CE was good in the first place
>fucks up multiplayer and maps
>Joseph Staten didn't write the story
Marcus can take Reach and shove it up his ass.

Whatever you say, cuck

If something sounds stupid in it's most basic simplified form, there's a good chance that's because the entire premise was stupid to begin with. Maybe you trick yourself into thinking it's not stupid because of all the filler and padding added onto it. I don't know.

Usually he just refers to them as "my creators"

Also remember that he had been learning about humans and their language as soon as they arrived. That's how he was speaking English. Of course he'd use the term the humans were using.

HereMaybe next time you can let someone finish typing before responding faggot.

4 is still worse

Reach and 4 are the worst halo games but halo 4 is magnitudes worse than reach

I feel like I'm the only one who likes the new Pelican class. It looks like what would happen if an old Pelican knocked up pic related.

He gets most of humanity's info from the Pillar of Autumn right before Chief blows it up doesn't he? Where did he learn about them before meeting MC in the swamp?

That's the only thing we are going to to agree on. Marcus Lehto can still suck a dick though.

WTF is this legit?, why is the fucking Chief having trouble with Jamal?

There are factually no retcons in reach.

>bitches about how Noble Team is better than Chief because they take off their helmets to show that they are human when they're more flat than Chief ever was

I don't really think they are any more or less flat then other halo characters in the games. Including the novels/EU material, i'd say they are about as compelling as chief is, maybe Emile a bit more.

>talks about how the game has a compelling story even though it's boring from start to finish with Cortana tagged on

I agree reach has a duller feel to it then the other Halo games, but I wouldn't call it boring. I'd also say it has the second best atmosphere of all the halo titles and it does generally succeed at making you feel like you are fighting for a doomed planet.

>>says the game is going back to CE's roots but clearly Marcus never understood why Halo CE was good in the first place

I agree that Reach doesn't really have all that much in common with CE. That said, CE has the weakest campaign of all the halo games and is tied for the second worst story so it not copying it for SP is a good thing.

>>fucks up multiplayer and maps

The maps are really the only huge thing wrong with Reach's MP though. Armor abilities aren't part of the core gameplay and can be turned or or set to be on map. Whining about them as a fundamental flaw with the MP would be like calling Halo 2's MP shit just because MM used SMG starts.

shit campaign
shit multiplayer
shitty microtransactions
shitty updates giving us back the stuff we had with previous installments in the franchise
shitty fans that are ok with being fed back stuff we didnt have on day one
on a shitty exclusive platform
made by a shitty studio with no direction

As the other user said this game died once they didn't catch the memo with Halo 4. This franchise is pretty much dead, anyone telling you this game is good is just stunned that we are given a Halo game that well worked on day one.

Yes the game is still broken. I cant say speak on the multiplayer portion, but the campaign sufferers from the "black screen of death" and forces my xbox to terminate the game.

From 1 - 3, it was obviously the Master Chief, cortana and Arbiter. Post halo 3 its master chief, cortana, a alien with dry skin, one armed dr halsey, and banjo fucking kazooie. nothing makes sense

In CE anniversary there's a terminal which shows him scanning the pillar of autumn, learning it's the humans and seeing some of their history, and turning off halo's defenses, allowing them to "safely" crash land.

>never played 4 until MCC
>remembered 343 saying the new elite designs were because they were scavengers and pirates and not fully military equipped
>lol but the opening cutscene depicts all military equipped elites in the same armor
>remembered them also saying that Chiefs suit looks different because nanobots or whatever restructuring it in his cryosleep
>opening cutscene ONCE AGAIN depicts all Spartans using the same armor design

Just what exactly does 343 want to accomplish? I'm really curious. They aren't as involved with the community as Bungie was despite their insistence and that really drives me up the wall.

Reminder that halo has always been babby's first shooter

>ONI spook in a super suit can take on an SII with 40 years combat experience in CQC
>the fight is slow as fuck

This is the moment 343 showed their true stupidity and I lost all hope for a good story. I was expecting Chief to lay the smack-down, instead I got to watch the results of 2 middle-aged men in mocap suits playing patty-cake.

And all those babbies will be old enough to post here soon.

I was expecting avengers like fight or at least something with more flash (look at the campaign intro for fuck sakes). Nope, we got WWE rejects.

>Halo is for underaged
>but UT, Quake, and RtCW are for oldfags

>Lets contain the flood on these rings that kill all life in the galaxy
>one day the humans will make it here and find a cure for the flood
>set up defenses on ring so only humans can land
>covenant still land on delta halo in H2 despite its monitor not being able to shut off the "defenses"

Makes total sense.

They've been posting here for years.

Look at the thread.

The flashbacks shown in the opening cutscenee with dr. halsey being interrogated isn't canon as they are depicted. None of the visuals are in the halo games, for that matter.

Canonically, you'd have UNSC and covenant forces being using mixed gear with variations from every halo game in pretty much any battle you see happen during a game.

But those flashback visuals are super duper non canon.

John still wins the battle by a pretty wide margin though. And Locke's augmentations and armor are better then his. The fight went how it should have, poor animation aside. And the animation actually doesn't even look terrible when there's sound to go with it, though it's still not great.

Halo 5 was extremely shaped by the community

They held the open beta and so many things were changed for the better thanks to the community. Kinda saved the multiplayer aspect of the game.

Now if only they would listen about how everybody thinks the story is fucking garbage and stop using their comic book writer as the lead story director

And also get a better art team because everyone hates the shitty anime art style for armors and the ugly redesigns of the covenant and the tron plastic bionicle transformer forerunners

Looks like every other threads.

The core gameplay in 5 is very good. The story, characters, armor, and vehicle designs are fucking trash tier though.

>Pelican is now a Hind-D
>armor designs are just the Crysis suit with armor bits
>Covvies in general are given a bare-bones, almost feral look
>Hunters can shoot tracking bolts and plasma blasts or beams if they feel like it
>Wraith just looks like ass

And the maps are the WORST in the entire series, no previous game holds a candle to the shit map design and art direction 5 has.

>There are factually no retcons in reach.
Uh huh

Marcus: "We did take some liberty,In the book, I believe the Pillar of Autumn is in orbit at a docking station. We talked to [Eric] Nylund [the author of "The Fall of Reach"] about the whole event structure and we got the chronology of it down to where we felt comfortable with the little bends we were taking to make sure it worked best for the game and best for our game's fiction. We've had discrepancies with Nylund on what we believe is canon and what should be made sacred in the canon. But that's always the case when you have others outside of Bungie building the fiction for the "Halo" universe."

mtv.com/news/2461855/bungie-on-the-contradictions-between-halo-reach-and-halo-the-fall-of-reach-novel/

Mother fucket should have just stayed as the Art Director.

*fucker

The monitor of Delta halo was corrupted by the gravemind that resided there

We see him briefly in the cutscene where chief and arbiter are being held by the gravemind

I disagree. Locke got many more hits on chief than chief gave him in return. Chief got knocked to the floor and stumbled around like an idiot. And finally he got punched in the face and his visor cracked.

Locke should've got fucking destroyed, but nope

Honestly ive played very few FPS in general with maps as bad as H5.

You know it's sad when RoosterTeeth did a better job of animating Spartans fighting in RvB.

Who says he was corrupted. Obviously the sentinels were still trying to contain the outbreak (IE the wall in Quarantine Zone) so you cant tell me he had control over delta halos systems.

The New Hunters are pretty cool. In the previous games they were too easy even though they were described as giving super soldiers a tough time.

Everything else does look like ass. Only good looking armor are remakes or they look bulky.

>And also get a better art team because everyone hates the shitty anime art style for armors and the ugly redesigns of the covenant and the tron plastic bionicle transformer forerunners

There's only so much they can change it without it becoming a big canon issue that stuff looks like the old stuff again. They could just straight up retcon the visuals of the new stuff to look closer to the old ones, but I'd rather they not do that even if I prefer the old art style, simply because that's dumb as fuck.

I'd rather be stuck with something shit then for them to retcon descsion they decided to do.

Halo 5's maps are not even close to as bad as Reach's, and i'd say they are better then 3's and 4's as well.

Also the pelican model is almost exactly the same as the old one aside from the edges being smoothed out and the cockpit.

>Hunters can shoot tracking bolts and plasma blasts or beams if they feel like it
What's wrong with this?

Except the journal that very quote talks about provides explanations that explain the inconsistencies without there being retcons.

"New thing provides additional info for something that existed before" isn't a retcon, that's simply giving more context, and that sort of thing as fine as long as the added info and the reason why we didn't know about it before is believable (which almost all the explanations for Reach are) If that's a retcon, then every piece of halo media ever is filled to brim with retcons.

His augments aren't anywhere near an SII's level in strength though. And Chief's also using Gen 2 armor, the only difference is Locke's is some ONI one-off model.

Sentinels are autonomous. They can be controlled, but usually aren't.

As for the monitor, see here:

halo.wikia.com/wiki/2401_Penitent_Tangent

He went crazy and is the reason the flood broke out on delta halo in the first place

>Also the pelican model is almost exactly the same

Except its bigger and bulkier than the previous models. It's wings are stubbier and it has 2 giant sets of air-intakes on the front. The troop bay also carries less and it has a ramp instead of air-lock doors.

>His augments aren't anywhere near an SII's level in strength though.
I'm not going to go find a source because I have other shit to do, but the official stance is that at least team Osiris's augmentations and armor aren't as good as S2's in terms of raw power, but are more efficient and the advancement gap evens the odds.

>And Chief's also using Gen 2 armor,
No, he's not. The rest of blue team is, but he isn't.

>linking the halo wikia

Don't do that. Use halopedia. Every lorefag and their mother knows halopedia is more reliable and better edited. Hell, even 343 has pretty much said Halopedia is better.

He's the Metzen of Halo.

But....literally everything sounds dumb when you simplify it like that. The Forerunner books cant really be simplified like that, because in context it really IS a good story. (And also the ONLY good thing canon-wise 343 has done, everything else but H4's ending is shit.)

They dont even bring back the good armors like EOD or something that would fit that nature of the animeish design like Hayabusa or Recon.

H4's ending is shit as well

>didact defeated by multiple hardlight cortanas jumping at him and one grenade to the chest on his armor (which can survive slipspace)

>cortana somehow instantly protects chief from a nuke detonated in his hands

>she "dies" and it's supposed to be super emotional until you realize cheif has only known her for around a month and she comes back in the second mission of the very next game

Recon is in 4/5

locke and his team are pointless to the story tbqh

>ruined the shoulders, ie the best part

god dammit

>halo.wikia.com/wiki/2401_Penitent_Tangent

Doesn't say that he dropped Delta Halos defenses.

Even if he did, why wouldn't he stop the sents from containing the flood since he has control over them?

Did they add more maps for Infection yet? It's the only reason I still want to play 5.

So what about the other retcons?
>Brute Chieftains in Power Armors with shields that recharge
>Elite armor difference from the Halo trilogy
>Grunts going suicidal even Arbiter in Halo 3 stated it was from the different feedings
>Phantoms showing up when they weren't in CE
>Brutes and Drones being on Reach when they weren't in CE
>Cortana already finding Halo with Forerunner artifact Chief found on Sigma Octanus IV
>Reach having more advanced technology for both the UNSC and Covenant then what is in the trilogy
>the time issues with Halsey's locations
>Halsey knowing about the Spartan IIIs
>how the Covenant found Reach
>Elites proportions
>Brutes eyes and markings
>All these Spartan IIIs on Reach (Noble Team wasn't the only Spartan IIIs on Reach)
All the Spartan IIIs not just Noble are in Mjonir

He didn't really want the flood to escape, he just neglected maintenance on their containment because he was busy being crazy .

Also again why would he bother controlling the sentinels? He's crazy. He says they must be contained but he never bothered containing them in the first place. The sentinels are likely just lazering the flood on their own.

>And also the ONLY good thing canon-wise 343 has done

I agree that the forerunner triology is amazing but always sounds dumb out of context, but this is bullshit

Out of the 13 novels they've released, 9 of them have been at least great.

Actually he is

Halopedia: "This armor was damaged during the Skirmish on Installation 03 and replaced by a similar GEN2 Mjolnir armor variant."