Loads of good idea for gaymes

>loads of good idea for gaymes
>no money to form a game studio
how long until Chinese children evolve to be able create 3d models and code game engines?

Don't worry. I'm sure your ideas suck and are mostly graphics-based, which is why you would need to form a game studio to have any chance at one.

>Don't worry. I'm sure your ideas suck
This is why I'll take my game ideas to the grave. They either suck ass and just sound good in my head, in which case I'd end up depressed if I revealed them to negative reception, or they're actually amazing and developers steal my ideas and half ass everything so my game would end up "stealing" from the others and be less popular because of the other copycats oversaturating the market.

>it's an Idea Guy thread

Nigga

A guy just released a Metroid game he spent 10 years working on BY HIMSELF and it's better than anything with the word "Metroid" on it that Nintendo has ever made. You have literally no excuse as to why you can't learn this shit on your own and at least have a useful skill other than "well I have ideas" if by the grace of God you somehow find yourself on a dev team in the future. Everyone has ideas, learn something that makes you not a big sack of suck for whoever you're working with.

3 times I've posted different ideas and 3 times they've later been made.

What about problem solving those ideas? I personally love fine tuning my own game ideas, finding problems and figuring out how to redo things so it all fits. Not OP btw.

Use Unity if you don't feel like writing an engine from scratch, scrub.

See I have no problem with this - I do a lot of the same, but I don't expect anything to ever come of it and I certainly don't plan on being anybody's "Idea Guy" if it comes down to it. It's the people who think that ideas alone make them a worthwhile contribution to a team that rub me the wrong way.

If your ideas are general enough, basic enough, or vague enough to be stolen, then they weren't really well developed to begin with. Nobody was going to come along and steal the entire God of War game from the guys who eventually made it, and "press button for cinematics to kill giant stuff" isn't stealing God of War even if it is the biggest idea the game had.

And of course your ideas are going to suck. They all do, at first. That's why you talk about them, so you can see the obvious faults with such ideas and refine them into something better.

>how long until Chinese children evolve to be able create 3d models

How do you think Mighty No. 9 was made?
How do you think any high-publicity/low-budget game is made?

Welcome to the future.

make a kickstarter and hire me as a programmer

the crowdfunding craze is over, buddy

bullshit, it's not. Just make sure the idea sounds awesome and is well presented.

probably the pajeets

My more refined ideas are the ones I'm concerned about people stealing. I don't trust modern developers to be creative or even knowledgeable about what makes games good, so I wouldn't be surprised if they peruse video game discussion websites for mechanic ideas for their dull games.

Nah, first we would need some kind of fancy tech demo featuring a good engine and an already established dev team to get any real budget from crowdsourcing imo

People wouldn't get behind an just an idea nowadays, there's no real cases of great games with a primarily crowdsourced budget, Star Citizen is still just a meme and there was that whole shitshow with that terrible Megaman game

I once pitched an idea for a game and everyone loved it.

It was the best feeling I ever got from Sup Forums.

What was the idea bra?

well what do you want to do, just sit on your ass and let the game make itself? The least you could do is put some effort into a basic mockup / a few bullshots; at least you'd prove you're taking this seriously. Let's be honest though, you just can't be arsed with actual work so you'd rather complain about how unfortunate your circumstances are.

>Setting: Vegas, North Korea, Russia, Africa.
>It'd be a sequel to Deus Ex, where augmentations are now becoming common among the rich.
>You're a Russian arms dealer who travels the world selling augmentations to people who are able to pay for them.
>Game would revolve around moral choices. You could get money from the African warlord, but you'd know he'd be arming himself to do terrible things.

You know realize un-creative indie devs make these kind of threads to... you know...steal ideas!

I'm not taking this seriously lmao, I have school and work at the moment bro, I just like dreaming :^)

That sounds more like a story premise rather than a game idea, I like thinking about gameplay mechanics rather than story

I got a lot of praise from Sup Forums for pitching what was essentially one big boss rush on a timer - you'd get unique upgrades after you kill every boss and could do them in any order, but the time limit would force you to fight the final boss after killing about 2/3 or so, meaning you can never get everything in one run. It would make a great 20 or 30 dollar game with a shitload of replayability if I could do it right.

Furi came out recently and does the whole "only bosses" thing too, but I'm pretty sure the progression is linear instead of open. Still looks cool as hell though.

>story and setting
>no game mechanics

This is the problem with idea guys.

I was thinking it'd be like VA-11 Hall-A. Simple art, mainly focused on story and interactions, very simple gameplay.

Would be a nice story set in the Deus Ex universe just to fill in shit.

>glorified vn

why shoot so low dude