How good are you at fighting games

How good are you at fighting games

Other urls found in this thread:

fightcade.com/#download
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm not the best, but better than most beginners I guess

I should've been better at this point in time, but I moved and playing it hard to do

i just pick ryu and spam fireballs and DP

I play fighting games for a story mode so I suck.

Mediocre.
I know what I'm doing, but my reactions are shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Terrible, but I like them anyway.

Decent as long as it's not Tekken.

I can beat all my friends but I'd get eliminated first round in a tournament.

I don't understand why people think Tekken is hard when Arc system games are much harder.

Arc system games are baby mode compared to tekken

All I can imagine that would be hard about tekken is frame data and knowing characters since the cast is fairly big.

Awful

tekken is harder because it has more systems and every character have like 100+ moves

You almost never use a vast majority of them.

I can sometimes land a 5 hit combo with cody.

I'm awful.

I used to be really good at Third Strike and SF Alpha 2 and 3, but I fell off the bandwagon in recent years.

why are they in the game then?

I'm better than anyone I know in real life but online I usually get smashed

I'm okay at some of them. I've been playing them for more than 15 years so what I lack in natural talent I kind of make up for in experience. Plus GG is true love.

>be good at tekken
>complete shit at other fighters

Tekken has kind of given me some bad habits

Because there could be a time you can use it to break through defenses?

iktf bro.

>street fighter will never look this good again
It sucks that for the next three years we'll be stuck with likes of JUST Ken instead of this.

3D doesn't have to be bad, just look at Guilty Gear.

Alpha isn't exactly a great example for Street Fighter graphics. It was very much a step down from Darkstalkers and X-Men.

GG is underrated, it's such a purely fun game mechanically and it has a fuckton of depth to it.

I remember when Sup Forums did the Reloaded online play and there was that one guy (I think named Zodiac) that would just stomp me out every game, it was such a rush to just get 1 round on him.

Also I'm pretty shit. I wanted to get a fight stick but I don't really play them that often so it would feel like a waste of money, plus I really haven't played them at all in recent years. With how SFV has been kind of a flop there really isn't much to look forward to.

3D GG looks pretty fucking bad .

>That Strider. Captain Commando, and Morgan in the background

You shut your whore mouth

It looks bulgy and fuck and ugly.

>Morgan

Good at third strike, usf4, sfv
Wanna get into guilty gear because I'm bored of sfv but I don't have a ps4
I'll try urien out

Nah.

I have a high tendency to develop great muscle-memory reflexes, allowing me to become extremely sharp after lots of practice.

However, my lack of actual reaction time and foresight means I have to painstakingly practice every matchup for hours and hours to let the instinct and muscle memory take over.

The fact I have to do this for every game with little transferability of skills means it all really boils down to how much I actually give a shit about that particular game. I could rip apart one game, and play like a literal retard in another.

It's not just fighting games this applies to either. Pretty much every game requires endless practice for me to git gud.

GG is the one I've played the most consistently over the longest period of time Since 2002. My favorite aspect of GG is that a match can turn around at any point in a split second, even at midlevel play if both players are evenly skilled. And it does this without having to resort to a designated comeback mechanic, like X Factor in UMvC3.

I'm terrible at them.

But I'm terrible at fighting games specifically because I'm fantastic at platformers.

>no art of Morrigan in that dress

Damn.

My meta is pretty great. Cant execute for shit though. Is someone rushes me down I'm fucking done.

I'm not that good but I actually understand how they are meant to be played.

Footsies, tick throws, mix ups, wakeups, what moves are good, active frames, startup, baiting shit out, whether something is + or - on block, punishing unsafe moves, empty jumps, empty cancels, spacing, etc.

Now can I actually implement all this stuff in a match? Not really, usually I just sperg out, in my best games I will do all this stuff tho.

I hope you don't think that's quality animation.

I'm in the same boat

i understand how they are supposed to be played but im not the best at them

my favorite series is KoF but i can never get any better because nobody ever plays it

>because nobody ever plays it
fightcade.com/#download

3S was probably the last one I sunk my teeth into and played at a competitive level (low level local stuff). I'm too old for animu fighters although they can be fun when your opponent is also trying to figure out what the hell is going on too.

Is it okay to still be practicing on xrd? I've been doing that the past few weeks but now I realized it'd be a waste of effort to, with revelator out.

despite what people might think get steam rolled by people who know a lot more than you constantly will just fustrate you more than help you

Pretty bad, desu. I still love fighting games.

>i think fightcade is just a bunch of HXC niggas boxing

more scrubs on there than you think

and just ask someone in /fgg/ to see you in a game

That depends on what mindset you have. If you get frustrated from losing, don't play fighting games. It's that simple.

My claim to skill at fighting games is the one time I went on a winning streak at a party in Soulcaliber 4. I just played Raphael and got ring outs by spamming the same move and no one could counter it

Why is she cosplaying a bowling ball?

>that last combo
Something cool in SFV?!?

Does anyone know what differences 3SOE and Fightcade gave? I feel like I can pull off shit a lot more easily in 3SOE, but struggle a lot when on Fightcade. I don't know why this is, as I don't have this problem with other fighting games. Just 3S.
Is there some buffer settings I'm missing?

Rec me a fighting game with lots of unlockables that isn't smash

>cosplaying

losing doesn't matter to me even though i prefer winning like anyone else,it's just that i've never really played the game with people i would rarely know what to do in any situation

Barely any good at Guilty Gear X2 #Reload and JoJo Arcade. I almost always get my shit kicked in online.

I'd say I can hold my own in BB, or GG. But, when it comes to slower paced games like SF, I am complete garbage.

Have you ever considered asking them? Or, looking up stuff online? The internet is a wonderful luxury most people growing up with fighting games didn't have. Use it.

not counting the asking part i have looked up things online and used the net but watching how to do something then actually putting it to use is a different story

I dunno really. I can hold myself at online matches in a lot of fighting games.
I'm pretty good at Melty Blood and i was really fucking good at Blazblue at some point. I was really just kicking faggots left and right at my local arcade.

Nowadays i don't play that much since you need a shitload of time to git gud at fighting vidyas, but i enjoy matches from time to time.

I think I genuinely enjoy watching fighting games more than playing them.

I have the curse of being decent at most fighting games I pick up, but not enough to do well. Only game I dominate in is dengeki bunko, but only because it's a simple game and no one really plays it.

Ken stage in Alpha 2 is one of my favorite stages ever comfy and full of cameos.

I'm the best on Sup Forums bar none

This.
I get so caught up in the fighting I don't really pay much attention to what's happening. It's funner to watch playbacks of my own to see what happened.

post cfn

so what are some tips for getting people into lesser known fighting games when you aren't the best yourself? im trying to get some friends into kof but they just keep making excuses and spout whatever dumb shit maximillion says about it back at me

Just let them be, man. If they don't wanna play don't force them to.

Like a 4/10. I'm much better than people who don't play them but I'm not nearly as good as the people who do.

i dont ever force them i just suggest it to them every now and then, they'll hardly play SF5 with me because apparently im too good even though i consider myself below average at best

Alpha 3 had some pretty good character-specific intros. I still think Capcom and anyone else can still do intros like this, just make one specific intro for the two characters instead of their two normal separate ones. With SFV having content added to it over time, I think it could be done. Probably won't happen, though.

Alpha 2, or Alpha 3?

But, why?

>character-specific intros

Base mechanics feel better IMO. I don't like how counter hits work in alpha 3, for instance.

Custom Combo is way better in 3, though. I'm trying to get a better feel for the game.

Better than anyone on Sup Forums

Bad. 300 hours on SFV and not even Gold rank. Still love the genre though.

I play a lot of FGs, but I am only good at Blazblue

I'm average.
Can pick up most fightan games but need a stick without one I get grumpy.

can't tolerate smash and I've tried getting into it but I don't see the appeal desu senpai. Its better to have a round on guilty gear or that other autistic epileptic sideshow known as blazeblue.