Witcher 3 discussion

I think Sup Forums has judged this game unfairly and very harshly especially considering the state of the gaming industry at the moment, so I will try to rebut some of the common arguments used to critique this game.

Combat is incredibly simple,
Most fights can be won by: swing, dodge, swing, dodge.

I have never seen Bethesda create combat even half as good as what's present in W3 and considering the scope of the rest of the game, that's very impressive. It's not Dark Souls but it's pretty close. It's a lot better than the Arkham games which have been praised for it's combat.

it's the opposite of The Phantom Pain; fantastic story, the worst gameplay in the last 20 years.

>It's a lot better than the Arkham games which have been praised for it's combat.
because in arkham, when you press punch, batman punches. in witcher 3 you press swing, and geralt will either slash, stab, or give you the ole giant spinning retard, and during the animation you get hit, lose half your life, and get left open for another attack while geralt has to complete his dance. all they had to do was not force you to watch every single animation and the combat wouldn't have been atrocious.

Bad quest design or
>following red shit
is also a common argument used against W3 but what people don't understand is that witcher sense is just a solution to a problem a lot of RPGs have. Instead of following markers in a HUD, the witcher sense allows you to complete quests without having to look at a minimap.

t. user that played on normal

Third post is best post. New game + is nightmarish due to the input lag.

I played on death march. I said "most fights"
I'm a massive fan of the witcher, I'm not just shitting on it for the sake of it.

Instead of just swinging a sword, Geralt does a spin and carries over his momentum for the next attack. It's lore friendly. It's one of the advantages you have with a set character, everything you do adds to the roleplaying. I can't comment on bad response times since I haven't experienced anything of the kind but the time of the animations are pretty consistent, as are the enemy attacks. The game also respects you enough to not put a huge icon over the enemy's head when you can parry unlike the Arkham games.

Janky movement. I can't really defend this one except that there's a alternative movement response which removes turning animations and the such. Geralt is hard to control.

Every attack animation is timed to last the same time you dumbass

You can't get hit unless it's you aim your camera at an enemy far away from you so Geralt lunges after him

>W3 isn't a roleplaying game.
I guess this comes from the fact that you can only be Geralt? I don't understand how they get to this conclusion and their argument often involves how many weapon types the game contains.

So you are literally complaining that there's a variety of attack animations in the game

>and geralt will either slash, stab, or give you the ole giant spinning retard, and during the animation you get hit, lose half your life, and get left open for another attack while geralt has to complete his dance.

Why the fuck are you lying? This was partly true in Witcher 2, it's not true in Witcher 3

can't this be said about Dark Souls as well?

Please respond why you are lying

Have regular witcher shitposters even played the game?

i'm not lying, and this is a complaint the whole world had. just because you wanna shill, that doesn't make me a liar. apologists like you are way companies like seedy project red can put our garbage and have it hyped to the moon and back. witcher 3 is a bad game. witcher 2 is a bad games. witcher 1 was okay.

Following a long trail of footprints, have to go back because I missed a single footprint in the neverending trail.

No one had that complaint you retard because it doesn't exist. That is not in the game. You've not even played it.

Find me one review that had that complaint...

You press left attack you do fast attack. You press it again you do another fast attack with slightly different animation but length of attack is the same.

Same for heavy attack.

You are so full of shit and have never touched this game

So I'm genuinely curious as to what you guys think. The original movement is a little heavy but far far from unplayable or "the worst". The alternate movement makes geralt like exactly like DS or Assasins creed movement.

So my question is if you guys really think the movement is THAT bad, what games in the same type of genre blow the movement out of the water?

>Worst gameplay in the last 20 years.

You have only played The Witcher 3 these past 20 years, right?

Running is bad for crowded areas or when you need to pick something up, but there's a walk button so I didn't care for it that much.

Jumping is pretty clunky tho

MGS5. snake reacts to every input in a nanosecond. you hold L and R, he immediately has the gun up and shooting. the fact that geralt has to THINK about taking his sword out when you hit the button is a glaring issue.

Witcher 3 was one of the few games that lived up to the hype, instead of disliking it to make yourself feel special just fuck off.

i dislike it because from a gameplay standpoint, it's a bad game. why make a video game when the game part is bad?

If W3 is not roleplaying just because you only play as Geralt, then Planescape: Torment is not an RPG because you only play as The Nameless One.

Seriously, most people I have seen complaining about that have only played Bethesda games, and just with that they believe they are RPG veterans.

you do realize that you are basically saying that you are too dumb to follow a trial that everyone complains about because it's too brain dead

You've never played it. You dislike it because you are mentally ill your "complaints" proved that you haven't touched the game.

how about try and disprove what i'm saying instead of typing in a british accent about nothing you fucking retard?

Don't bother, it's Sup Forums just being contrarian as usual. When dragon age inquisition came out, all their threads were flooded by people saying that this game was the shit. Now that that has passed fags are just spouting shit like they know what they're talking about

not that person, but please explain in detail what the W3 does bad and what games does it good.

How do I disprove it.

>n witcher 3 you press swing, and geralt will either slash, stab, or give you the ole giant spinning retard, and during the animation you get hit, lose half your life, and get left open for another attack while geralt has to complete his dance. all they had to do was not force you to watch every single animation and the combat wouldn't have been atrocious.

This is not in the game. This does not exist. This was TW2. You are making shit up.

You said everyone had complained about this, find me one review that mentions this.You are making shit up spamming some copypasta about The Witcher 2. Mentally ill

Sup Forumsirgins hate W3 but love MGS5. Their taste is so shit you can't take them seriously.

so most peoples concerns with TW3 are about input and not movement then? Everyone just blanket says that its a movement thing when its really an input/input lag thing

Part of it is that Geralt is very much an established character and there is, as such, considerably less leeway when it comes to defining him. The actual gameplay is similarly narrow in focus, with ranged and magic options available only as auxiliary tools. While most quests are nice and generally end with a choice, there are very rarely branching paths that lead to those options. It's a light aRPG at best.

So I am just 50 minutes away from TW3 from downloading. Am I going to have fun? I just liked the way the game looks and to be able to explore and do quests.

You're going to have fun. Witcher 3 gameplay is bad is just a meme.

Deserved all of its accolades. Make sure you get both of the DLC adventures.

It's trash game similar to Ass Creed. If you like Witcher 3, you also like Ubishit games.

How do you check your hours ingame?

I asked it earlier but the thread 404'd

I love witcher 3 but everyone on Sup Forums hates MGS5 man, you're delusional.

>play ass creed 3 years after I said I wouldn't play it again
>start a hunting mission
>"kill thing pls"
>go to yellow circle on map
>bear ain't there
>examine blood stain
>have to find a way to draw the bear out
>wait a minute this seems familiar
>find bait
>lay bait
>wait
>bear comes out
>shitty QTE
>bear dead
>realize this is the same mission structure as Witcher 3 just without a OC donut steel protag talking to himself

where were you when you realized Witcher 3 is casual trash?