What do you guy's think about Pathologic? I just got it after hearing about it and looking into it...

What do you guy's think about Pathologic? I just got it after hearing about it and looking into it. Seems like something awesome, but dunno. Guess I'll see once I finish it, but what do you guy's think?

I'm waiting for remaster, that reloading In trailer looks dope

Very weird and difficult game.

I liked The Void better, though both have gameplay I just can't get my head around.

A good game that I am fascinated by. I never finish it with everyone though. I get a little more done each time I go back to it though. Last playthrough I managed to unlock the girl. But I was burnt out by then and didn't finish it with her.

I've finished the Bachelor campaign and the Haruspex, so if you've got any questions on those two.

I dont plan on playing the changeling anytime soon, but I am interested in what exactly she goes through

Definitely one of a kind in terms of atmosphere and storytelling, but not an easy game to get through. I'm happy it finally has a proper translation, and am anxiously awaiting the remaster as well.

Clara's route has some really interesting stuff going on that gives you some real neat insights into the stuff going on in Dankovsky and Burakh's stories, but I've actually never finished it myself either, just read the SA LP that was my first exposure to the game.

I like it a lot. I feel like it does things that other games are criticized for, like basically consisting of just walking back and forth, but you have a lot of choices of what to do in the time between quests and I like how every building (more or less) in the town is enterable. Is obviously lacking polish due to being made by a small team and really before last gen even started but it's pretty charming still. With the new translation for the HD version the writing is pretty good and the characters are interesting.

Being in a town taken over by plague is pretty fascinating too, and it's cool seeing it spread day by day.

Pretty excited for the remake. I wonder how they're going to handle essentially removing quests entirely. They said they're doing it to feel more organic but I don't know how they're going to have the game be without things being placed into specific quests.

I just met the Haruspex as the Bachelor and was wondering if you ever meet the Devotress/Changeling as the Bachelor. Also is Changeling a more correct translation of what she's called in Russian? I like Devotress more.

One of the best games I have ever played, to be quite honest. Always playing newer games makes me think back to Pathologic. Maybe because I played it in a steep part of my life. Def had an influence on me. A positive one.

I'm amazed by how much content it has for such a cheap game. I mean most of it is dialogue but still. I think it does a good job of melding gameplay and story.

Does the Void play similarly or is it a completely different type of game?

Not that guy, but you meet the other main characters in every route. Clara can play a big role in the Haruspex scenario, but I can't remember if she does anything important in Bachelor.

The Void's a very different animal.

She goes by Impostress or just Klara in russian and you cross paths with the other protags multiple times

Actually I just looked up her Russian name. It's Caмoзвaнкa, which is apparently "impostor" or something like that. I guess Changeling is a decent translation for it but I associate Changeling with other things that I'm not sure the word they're using is meant to be associated with.

Cool, can't wait to meet her.

Yeah, impostress or impostor or a similar word I think would fit better as I don't think the word they use in Russian has the same connotations changeling does in English. Though devotress is completely off.

It is one of those games that I will never forget. I had dreams where I was in that theater. There are a lot of unique experiences to be had in that game.

Last time there was a thread for this, I barely started the first day before taking a break. I know Bachelor has a slow start, but how many days in do I have to get before it gets crazy, and how easy is it to royally fuck everything up

I think one of the great things it does is how it builds such a strong sense of place. All the places in the town and its environs have such a strong sense of character and personality. Even now I feel like I could navigate it like the back of my hand. I also love the stuff that's not shown but constantly alluded to, as if they were channeling Waiting for Godot, and how in some routes you don't even get to go to every place. It's a very good game in terms of building up mystery and intrigue, and basically giving your imagination enough rope to finish the deed. It's a level of nuance that I wish more games picked up on.

Watched a let's play after somebody recommended it on a thread here sometime last month. Really looking forward to the remaster, will purchase it when it comes out,

I think it's around the third day that things get really interesting. It's not really that hard to fuck up - even if you lose money in some situations, you will always be able to trade garbage to children for bullets, and if you have bullets you're pretty much good in most respects as you can use your gun to get all the other stuff you need. What's important is that you try and stockpile the strong and rare medicines whenever you can, as characters can die if you don't have any on hand, which can lock you out of certain endings. If you save at the start of each day and do all the quests, though, you should be fine.

The price of food like triples on the second day as the Bachelor so that can cause issues. Really I haven't had too many issues though. Especially once you start being able to trade for lock picks frequently you can just rob houses and either get food that way or get stuff to sell to buy food. Don't remember when things start to pick up but I would guess around day 3 or so probably. Though there's plenty of shit on even day 1 that is interesting.

Did you hear they're doing lucid dreams in the remake? They're apparently going to be similar to what the theatre is for but instead of being on the "cosmic" level they're going to be more personal for each character.

The Kickstarter thing isn't a remaster it's a complete remake and is going to differ quite a lot from the original. So if you play the original (or HD version of the original) you'll still get a different experience in the remake.

How do you store things in houses you can sleep in? Do you just drop the stuff on the floor?

I'm beyond hype for the remake, every update they post tells me the things I didn't know I most wanted to hear.

Really sounds like they've learned a lot over the years. I'm trying not to raise the expectations bar too high but it's hard not to.

I think there's boxes you can use in each one, but I've never had to use them outside of Haruspex's scenario since he has the herbalism mechanic. You get enough inventory space in all categories for most purposes, and what I mean by stockpile is to just trade for all the powders and antibiotics you can and keep them safe for as long as possible. Even if you get infected yourself, it's better to save your powders, since while you can manage infection and stay alive, the NPCs can't.

Unrelated to your post but I really like paintings in every major NPC's home, as far as I can tell they're both unique to each person and somewhat convey their personality as well.

I guess they have an in-house guy doing these? The Void even had some as well, they're all great. Gives me that weird feeling of meanings that I haven't quite figured out yet, if that makes any sense.

I'm surprised at how disturbing I find parts of the game. I'm not really ever affected by horror movies much but, while I don't really find the game scary, it has some pretty disturbing writing and visuals at times. Looking forward to it being even better in the remake.

One of my favourite games. I still didn't finish it. Also soon we will se remake on new engine.

i want to add: you get estetical pleasure from this game. Now i want to live in a house with architecture like in this game. And real prototypes of characters with photos touched me.

You meet Changeling as Bachelor on the 3rd or 4th day I think. She's with Mrs. Saburov.

I don't think I have ever had the need to visit Mrs. Saburov. A walkthrough I watched when I was stuck of the fifth day showed you having to go talk to her but I never had to. And I was more talking about a quest involving her like the quest involving the Haruspex.

But yeah, I have yet to see her at all in my playthrough and I just started the 6th day.

Game that is always on my backlog. Feels like I need a full week of free time to delve and explore it to its fullest.

Well each day is two hours real time so even if you sleep away a bit of each day it should probably take at least 15-20 hours per character. Even more if you need to reload at times, which you probably will.

It's worth playing though. Especially since they fixed the translation with the HD version. Do you have the HD version or the original?

I have neither yet, but getting any of the version is just a matter of minutes. I hate myself delaying the play especially since I understand russian and wouldn't have to deal with english translation which was quite off as I heard

I'm on the 8th day and I'm having a meltdown The town is shapped like a bull's insides, the tower is a fucking executioner. Something happened in this town, something big and the town itself seems to be much more than just a place for weirdos, the army arrives tomorrow, and young Oglimsky turned out to be tied to the root of the problem. What the fuck is going on? I miss Eva ;_;