Keep It Clean. Respect Public Property

Keep It Clean. Respect Public Property
ODST Thread? ODST Thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ecHn3mIUhg&index=12&list=PLVFu5mCs8PVgJlZEDiwDRuBUMHbgX1oss
youdubber.com/index.php?video=3j7T34EPvbE&video_start=64&audio=h2wo0yJFVf0&audio_start=195
halopedia.org/Halo:_New_Blood
youtube.com/watch?v=OZ-l_MdjmQs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fast, accurate diagnosis. Or your money back

I feel like I was one of a dozen people who actually liked this game. Every time I mention it to other people as one of my favorite Halo games I get some hardcore judgement by halo fanboys.

ODST had the best atmosphere out of all the Halo games, and I loved how the aesthetics carried over for the urban levels of Reach.

I know. I loved it. The atmosphere, the story. The way it felt different. It's... comfy

Part of it is that many people don't take a step back and look at the game on it's own merits. It's hard to ignore the legacy that 2,3, and reach have, and that affects many people's judgments. ODST is still up there for me tho.

>the subtle 'thwip thwip thwip' of the silenced pistol
>Introduced the new horde mode that was kinda okay
>Gave us Buck
pretty okey doke game in my book

Man, the pistol in this game was great. No CE pistol, but the sound and feeling of it was pretty nice in my book

I would say it's Sup Forums's favourite Halo game overall. The little eccentricities it has and the phenomenal soundtrack and setting are presumably responsible.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ecHn3mIUhg&index=12&list=PLVFu5mCs8PVgJlZEDiwDRuBUMHbgX1oss

>this fucking song

>tfw they butchered his character
>tfw his team is fucking dead because 343 can't decide what to do with them

exactly, given that the CE pistol is unparalleled in its greatness, the MAG-S gives it a run for its money

Also using the power weapons in legit tactical situations because you felt vulnerable because
>no shields...sorta

>butchered his character?
meaning in Halo 5? yeah i dont count that Buck as the handsome charismatic bastard we know and love in ODST, that guys just some ONI clone

that drum breakdown wrecks my dickhole and i love it

Did the suppressed guns actually make you more sneaky? Did they really do anything

>riding around the abandoned city on a mongoose with a friend as sad sax plays
Fucking magical.

youdubber.com/index.php?video=3j7T34EPvbE&video_start=64&audio=h2wo0yJFVf0&audio_start=195

this shit just gets me every time
so fuckin comfy

>post yfw when the rookie confirmed dead in some dumbfuck barely canon comic

i think so, it wouldnt trigger enemies in the area that arent actively shooting at you

>opening the little vaults showing a brand new pair of Mongoose waiting to be used as youre steeds in this two man liberation force

Reach > 3/ODST > CE > 2 > 5 > 4

ODST has the best soundtrack in the series though, and the atmosphere was spot on.

wtf sauce on the comic pls? i dont wanna believe mah rook is ded

I don´t get why people like Reach
my rating would go that way:

3/ODST > 2 > 4 > CE > Reach

haven´t played 5 yet

Alright, so it's a book, not a comic, but he gets executed to make a point in the stupidest of scenes.
halopedia.org/Halo:_New_Blood

Halo: New Blood

>haven't played 5 yet
Don't. Gameplay wise it's fine with the Spartan Abilities, but the campaign is horrible.

Had the best firefight and a nice, refreshing campaign take after how explosive 3 was.

Did 343 fuck up the Xbone port of this as well?

Reach had the best artstyle, levels, weapons, vehicles, spartan customization, and enemies. The only thing I can think of I didn't like was the bullshit that was armor lock.

Of course that's just my shit opinion.

Yeah. I love how out there the Halo story gets, but I gotta admit that this and Reach really did it for me, even more than the others did. I actually teared up like a little bitch after the end of Reach, because it was the end of an era, and I thought Halo would never be good again...

wait wtf he just gets offed and thats all what in the fuck

Same. I teared up a little at the end of Reach too because I thought it was such a tasteful way to end such a historic franchise.

I should have known there was no way in hell anyone would let a cashcow like Halo ever die.

WOULD YOU LIKE A KEBAB?!

Sad part is that you were right, in those final moments as Noble 6 you fighting for your life, clinging to every last second you can spare

Bursts of plasma and needles wash over you and your screen cracks as you begin to falter in the wake of what is to become, digging in your heels, you and perhaps a couple of friends have made it this far and keep pushing, keep resisting, it seems all the years of you playing within the head of these familiar characters have earned them this final epic sendoff

Until one by one you see your comrades fall

You're all thats left eventually, visor cracked, armor charred, when finally you succumb to a wicked bolt of energy that cackles across your back and you fall, maybe this is the last time you honor the singleplayer of this gem only to once in awhile reminisce on a better time

And then the next few games after are complete shit compared to the last three

>halopedia.org/Halo:_New_Blood

>Jun lives
>Rookie Excuted
>Some bullshit reasoning on Draco Whogivesafuck on why rookie was killed
>No conclusion on the rest of the squad, except for Mickey who defects
>LITERALLY JUST GOT ASKED FOR THE JOB

Why does this exist

Yeah. I'd played through every campaign with my bros, and doing 4 player co-op in that last section, just surviving was brutal. We wanted to see who could last the longest, and just tried lasting, but eventually it all had to end. I don't even hate the new games, but nothing can compare to the feelings that the previous games gave, this especially
>Why does this exist
343 everybody...

i want to play odst again. what should i do to achieve that

Best armor translation between games Y/N

Play ODST again. It came out for Master Chief Collection I think slightly improved so I guess it's worth playing again for that?

I don´t own a Bone, so I´ll never play it anyway

Yeah man i feel you. in fact my room mate and i are christening our apartment by getting wacky fucked up and playing halo 1 on my OG xbox with the bigass controllers

Mickey defects to muh rebels or covies
i swear to god this lore is getting to be too much

It looks good sure, but in a Crysis sorta vibe not the gritty aesthetic that the Spartans had goin for them

The Master Chief Collection is probably the best thing 343 has done. Aside from maybe those motion comics.

Nikos cousin Roman?

can i play odst on pc somehow or do i need to reobtain an xbox. i don't own a tv anymore. what a conundrum

>You will never encounter the flood again for the first time
>You will never get fucking lost in the library or the truth and reconciliation for the first time again
>You will never have that final warthog race for the first time again
>You will never think that Master Chief is going to rescue Keyes before punching his head in for the first time again
>You will never realise the true power of the pistol for the first time again
Maybe getting way fucked up is the best way to increase the nostalgia. I just wanna experience CE for the first time again

don´t play the MCC version
> youtube.com/watch?v=OZ-l_MdjmQs
around 3:20 you can see why

they brightened everything up, so you do not need your visor to see enemies at night

>rainy day after school
>playing firefight with best friend on best map Lost Platoon
>watch some Goosebumps reruns afterwards

fuck guys I wanna go back

MCM wasn't even made by 343i. It's also an absolute mess. Tried playing it with a friend last month, wouldn't let us join eachother's lobby. Online Co-Op has a delay of 5 seconds for the non-host. H2A graphics are way too clean and cartoony compared to the original Halo 2 gritty graphics.

Only the first couple Halo games are available on pc unfortunately. We're getting Halo Wars 2 and Forge at least. 3 is what truly deserves to be on pc though.

I would play firefight with you guys, but

> no xbox live
> 360 doesn´t have wlan

I could connect it via LAN though

At least you dont get lost in the last few chief levels

Shit was dark as fuuck

Oh man i mean i played the first Halo when i was what like 4 or 5?

Grew up watching Mom and Dad play on that damn library level, eventually i mastered it but i swear on my life silent cartographer is the fucking worst how in the fuck do i get so goddamn lost on that map

>About to say you must be 18 to post here
>Realise you could be over 18 and still have that story check out.
Damn. I feel old now.

>3 is what truly deserves to be on pc though

agreed. really fun. liked it and reach the most

Halo 3 PC when

M...Maybe they'll port the MCC with this new crossbuy initiative...

Here's hoping man, it would be nice to see ODST and even 4 on pc too.

I want all the Halo to be on PC