Freeze screen so I can read the racial description for the lizards

>Freeze screen so I can read the racial description for the lizards.
>They're some kind of aristocratic lawful elitist assholes who are also good at magic.

I was planning on rolling an elf but now I'm leaning towards lizard.

So I guess you'll have to die to become undead? I hope they do some kind of undead related update.

What do you guys think of the memory stat?

youtube.com/watch?v=jUx8_GF9v94

I imagine the races descriptions are similar to what they were in Dragon Commander.

I can't get into this game...

Dwarves seem to be pretty much Dragon Age dwarves based on the description unless I'm wrong.

>Lizards
>I can change genders obviously
>Clicks female
Whoa hey guys, welcome to EB games.

sounds good to me. from the demo it looked like everyone is racist as fuck towards dwarves.

kiddynity original sin sequel eh?
i'll pass

I like that D:OS has its own Barneyfag, it adds flavor.

Where the fuck is the undead race?

>lizards wizards
AW SHIT

Go play your mature "RPGs" for mature gamers like Dragon Age Inquisition.

They said they didn't want to spoil everything winkyface.

As long as grenades are back in the game.

>people caring about races
Let's be honest, unless race choice implies significant mechanical gameplay impact, like the race choices in Arcanum, there's nothing to get hyped for. Sure, it adds flavor, but that's not what made the original D:OS good.

I hope they won't dumb down the sequel when it comes to the difficulty of combat encounters, because the D:OS EE was fucking great in this regard, when played on the hardest difficulty. Tactical turn based combat is what made me pick up the original.

Lizard people have always been one of my favourite races in RPGs, it's about time I came across another game besides TES where they look like lizard people and not humans with some scales.

More like where the fuck is the Orc race. Death by snoo snoo when?

Characters within the world are going to be racist as fuck and not deal with e.g a dwarf or a lizard. They've went over this in some early game footage where a guard insulted the dwarf player and basically told him to fuck off.

>So I guess you'll have to die to become undead?

its a background

It has significant impact. They've said this game is in large part about how your origins effect you. In their pre-alpha demo it was shown how different NPC's treat you depending on your race or other factors of your characters orginins. Some places might be inaccessable or exclusively acessible, there are racial skills, ...

And the dificulty modes will be similar, there's tactician mode again etc.

I wouldn't worry, they have expressed how this sequal is supposed to be deeper on every level, they're not going to 'casualize' or 'dumb down' at all.

We'll see if they will be able to deliver on that promise as well as Arcanum did, but that's not why I'm picking D:OS 2 in any case.

I immensely enjoyed the first game, and some of their other ones because of the way they innovate cRPG mechanics. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the first DOS is the first game to have meaningful environmental manipulation.

Larian has yet to disappoint.

just bumping the crpg threads, that's what i do
>Go play your mature "RPGs" for mature gamers
I will!
>like Dragon Age Inquisition
begone fiend

My only wish is for them to make good looking armor this time around. OS1 had me looking like i was leveling in Outland again for the time.

Sheep armor was the only good looking one, and that was at the end of the game.

Good to know that they're not dumbing down the combat, now I'm even more hyped.

this will probably win GOTY

unless you count Blood & Wine as a full game

Unf

fucking cannibal

I know who you are

I would be suprised if they removed that from the game

God they were so thicc

>this will probably win GOTY
It won't, because it's not story focused like the Witcher games, and that's all modern gaming "journalists" care about. Nobody will give a fuck about it if the combat will be challenging enough to satisfy even the most hardened turn-based RPG veterans, while the story will be just average.

>Elf

Chris Avellone is working on it so who knows what may happen.

Though he might do what he's done with PoE and just write a few companions/NPCs, I hope he has an impact on the story though.

Original Sin Enhanced has a 94/100 on Metacritic right now, stop talking out of your ass

I hope cool spells are easier to get in this game, having lots of spells at your disposal seems to be the main appeal of Elves.

console user scores don't count

they are, they've shown those off in previous demo's along with Wands.

>OS1 had me looking like i was leveling in Outland again for the time
I love the game, but this is a very accurate comparison

Will the barrel knight return?

console users are what keep you in hair gel

it's sucks that the spells will be nothing more than smal fireball-medium fireball-big fireball again
what a waste

Perhaps an EARTH ELEMENTAL?!

NOT IN THE MOOD FOR CHEESE?

>NOT IN THE MOOD FOR CHEESE?
this makes me so angry
fucking larian lolsorandum humor

>Music instrument

I wonder what mechanic that'll play into

>This guy's voice acting

>lolsorandum humor

It's oldschool and just very European. Most games from the 80s had very hit-and-miss humor like that. See Sierra adventure games like the King's Quest stuff.

So it's not lolsorandum humor, you're just too young to know the difference.

It wasn't even humor. It just became that way because of the frequency at which the line is said.

Where's my undead race?

Fuck you, bellegar is my guy.

Cry more faggot.

>Elves eat corpses to gain memories
>Implying the race won't have old fucks with split personalities, or a serious taboo on the act that the player gives a forelong glace towards as they pick dwarf out of tier teeth

>Can finally play as smug lizard.
So what's the release date?

>Original Sin Enhanced has a 94/100 on Metacritic right now
Scores don't mean much, it's all about hype and word of mouth. Witcher 3 was hyped all over the whole fucking internet, because modern "players" play games for muh cinematic experience, not for the gameplay. Nobody literally gives a fuck about this game apart from a relatively small fanbase.

DUDE TALKING SKELETONS LMAO!

DUDE CHEESE LMAO!

DUDE NOTHING IS SERIOUS LMAO!

I want to wipe out all the elves as a glorious skeleton.

>Create reptillian race
>Gender changes the looks drasticly and adds tits
why can't developers into race genders, why can't gender have other defining traits like a change of color or perhaps more fur, its always "just slap tits on it and its a female"

Lizards are bros.

the witcher 3 actually had substance, albeit in a different field, sure

but you just sound like an elitist crybaby that cant handle people dont make his ~paerfect rpg~

EVERYTHING HAS TO BE EDGY AND SERIOUS WITH ME OTHERWISE PEOPLE MIGHT REALIZE THAT I'M ACTUALLY TWELVE

DUDE TALKING SKULLS LMAO

JOIN THE SPUD CLUB

nice

No, I'm just looking at things realistically enough to understand, that this will never ever win GOTY, because it does not focus on things that make casuals shit their pants and place preorders in the tens of thousands of units.

Also, it won't win GOTY simply due to the fact that it's turn based.

Bellegar, the mightiest mage, with power to spare? I hear he's mighty, he's humble, he's got fantastic hair.

>that art direction
I have zero hopes for dos 2

but by you bringing up the witcher 3 you make it sound like witcher 3 was a bad game by any stretch

just because something is succesful commercially and travels well via word of mouth, it's immediately casual?

Does it have scrolls to entussle me?

Quit being contentious. He spelled it out for you, GOTY is decided by casual mass appeal. This doesn't have it.

samefag, but forgot to mention - just because witcher 3's strong point is the story does not make it uncomplicated, by the usual definition of "casual video game" it's anything but, there is no handholding decisions ala mass effect and the higher difficulties require some serious preparation etc

sure the rpg mechanics are not super deep or anything but its got more claim to the rpg definition than any other succesful "rpg" of the past few years, looking at mass effect

how dare you
morte was just a drop of well written goofyness in the ocean of seriousness
kiddynity on the other hand it's like a bad written morte all of the time
swen will pay for that

no im just trying to argue a point that an rpg can be many things

ps:t has garbage fucking combat and is still highly regarded, guess why

>provided they are lizards
I'm really warming up to rolling lizard in DOS2.

Where is my pepper? Did it sprout legs andRUN AWAY~ - AHH! There it is.

>W3 was a bad game by any stretch
It was utter shit in terms of roleplaying mechanics which would be fine, had the retarded fanbase and brain-dead gaming "journalists" not proclaimed it to be the "SAVIOR OF RPG GENRE". D: OS was 10x times the RPG Witcher 3 was, but it never got any recognition (i.e. mass appeal, huge hype or huge sales numbers), simply because it was not a story focused action game.

Again, abandon any hope of OS2 winning any GOTY awards, because you're only setting yourself up for disappointment. I have no doubt that it will be good and I will definitely buy it, but thinking that it will appeal to casul nu-gamer shitters is just retarded.

>is still highly regarded
M8, nobody gives two shits about PS:T apart from Sup Forumsirgins and Codexers.

true but we can all agree that original sin is not a real rpg game right?
more like dudebro coop game, a fun time with couple of friends while drinking beer and smoking weed

>swen will pay for that
>*adjusts fedora*
>*unsheathes katana*
That's IT

im just a lurker on 4chin but think youre actually wrong, the game is mentioned often in circles directly below dude-bro tier, actual casual audiences

>I want every wrpg to be edgy and grimdark
>every. single. one

problem is that western video game humor is generally really bad

If PS:T was highly regarded as you or the other user said, it would have some actual impact on the industry, which it never had. Again, nobody gives two shits about PS:T apart from a small, but dedicated RPG fanbase.

Do you also dislike every colour other than grey, brown and dark green?

They're more like jews in Divinity than classic fantasy Dwarves are.

valid point, i'll take no humor over talking cringy skeletons anytime

pst had a stealth but large effect on the entire industry, though

the style of writing and twists and the way the companions are integrated into an rpg environment

its just that the people making video games today grew up on ps:t, if they were ever hardcore fans of the genre, its outright wrong to think that ps:t isnt in every video game you play thats a bit more complex than callodooty

>They're more like jews in Divinity than classic fantasy Dwarves are.
Jews are not manlets. Playing a manlet in 2016 is utterly inexcusable.

Fucking dords

I like to imagine that they wear nothing under the loincloth which is why the loincloth is so hot.

What, you want no tits at all then?

>playable undead race

dark blue is also ok

From what I've seen every representative in Dragon Commander is a crazy ideologue and that's entertaining as fuck. Is it worth picking up?

No, the gameplay is objectively horrible. I am ready to bet that you will not find a single person on this board, who will vouch for the gameplay being good.

>Is it worth picking up?
it's so bad it's good thing

The politics stuff is great, but everything else is pretty mediocre.

Its worth picking up on a sale.

judging from the character creation alone and some of their gameplay demos, it looks like there's gonna be much more variation in armor. i think most of it looks pretty neato. better than OS1 thats for damn sure holy shit the armor in that game was gross