What's worse: delaying a game after making a big statement about a release date...

What's worse: delaying a game after making a big statement about a release date, or releasing a game on time and having to patch and fix it afterwards?

Releasing early

Yotsuba is too cute.

If Yotsuba was making FFXV things would be different.

>we will never have a Yotsuba video game

Sup Forums will pretend a day one patch is better than pushing back the release date just so they can be right, even though you all shit over day one patches.

I can't handle how cute she is

Let's think about it.

Do you want a game to release like battlefield 4?

Or some game to delay so long it turns out to be shit?

ASAGI IS BEST GIRL
FUUKASHITTERS GET OUT

tiger is best

>What's worse
for you and me or for a dev/publisher?

Hi Jumbo

I agree

CUTE

>tora's kill-me eyes

>you will never be Yostuba's dad

Why must you hurt me so, user?

>sipping toilet paper

I guess in terms of sales?

Depends on the patch.
Minor stuff is okay. Literal gamebreaking stuff isn't. Patch including OVER TWO THIRDS OF THE ACTUAL GAME like THPS5 is right the fuck out.

Releasing early is worse. Most of the game footage captured and present online is from the first few weeks while the hype is still fresh, Most people wont even know if there was a delay, or will forget about it fairly quickly. If there is a bunch of bad footage of your game floating around, its gonna negatively affect your game. Most people wont care that months later the game works perfectly because they will have moved on to other games and the hype is gone by that point. Also bad word of mouth will stay. And since reviews are almost never redone, everybody interested in your game will see only the ones from launch

Delaying a game after making a big statement about the release date and then having to patch and fix it as well.

You act like those are the only two choices.

Maybe it's better you don't announce a release date to the public until you're damn certain you're gonna meet it.

dumb weebposters

This happens a lot lately so this is the only right answer.

I best Asagi and Torako perform depraved lesbian acts with each other all the time.

why is the anime getting mad when he pets her?

Right to left.

And Ena hears it all.

she has no nose....

let's not forget

Reminder that Pretty Neighbour is canon

If they signed a contract to release the game by a certain date, they put themselves into an awkward corner. Entirely their own fault for not knowing how to track their own development rate.

Especially dumb if they were to claim that they were tracking for an autumn release and then be met with their own community collectively disagreeing with the notion of the game being remotely near finished. Monumentally obnoxious to still release in winter in a shoddy state. It's been 8 months and the game's still broken. In the time elapsed, a fan took it upon himself to create his own modding infrastructure and create features and bugfixes that the developers said were "too hard" in the span of a few weeks. If that's not an embarrassment I don't know what is.

Release now, patch later
or don't, who cares you made your money without losing face over delaying your game

>Koiwai being a cheating bastard
I want to forget, dammit. I hate that fucking thing. I hate it more than Four Leaf Lover, and I mean that.

It's pretty obvious she's Kuririn's daughter, mr. reddit man.

krillin*

Anyone else think this was an internal dispute between the devs and corporate? Tabata said he wanted november, and that gaudy press conference announcement of a date might have been pushed on them. Then he used this patch bullshit to secure more time.

>Disrespecting Yotsuba

You must 18 or over to browse this site.

I want you niggers to die.

Twilight Princess was delayed for a long ass time and it sold really well so I think releasing in a shitty state is way worse. I personally rather play a finished complete game than get a bad taste in my mouth from messing with some crappy stuff.

God, the moment someone mentioned that was even worse than Four Leaf Clover I shut it all away from my head.

ShindoL you absolute madman.