How can people play MMOs? I get bored with them after 30 minutes and never come back. Are there any MMOs worth playing...

How can people play MMOs? I get bored with them after 30 minutes and never come back. Are there any MMOs worth playing? Am I missing something?

underage b&

no
dead genre

if you play them like a singleplayer grinding game until max level then you can get about 10 to 30 hours on most of them which is more than you would get from a real singleplayer game nowadays.

Play TSW.

How can people play racing games? I get bored with them afyer 30 minutes and never come back. Are there any racing games worth playing? Am I missing something?

Did that answer to your question?

How can people play Platformers? I get bored with them after 30 minutes and never come back. Are there any Platformers worth playing? Am I missing something?

gw2 is fun

looks neat but im neet and dont have any money to buy it

How can people play FPS's? I get bored with them after 30 minutes and never come back. Are there any FPS's worth playing? Am I missing something?

Kill yourself.

They are nu-fun.

How can people enjoy sex? I get bored with it after 30 minutes and never come back. Are there any sexual kinks worth trying? Am I missing something?

How do people enjoy Sup Forums? I get bored with it after 30 minutes and always come back. Are there any threads worth trying? Am I missing something?

no, but i agree with you

How do people enjoy Dicks? I get bored with it after 30 minutes and always come back. Are there any Dicks worth trying? Am I missing something?

It shouldn't be about time waste, but the amount of entertainment you get from your time. I get more enjoyment studying than I do playing MMOs. I dated a girl who played a shitton of MMOs and would end up just closing my eyes or staring at her sideboob spamming either a macro or the standard rotation depending on the game. It was mentally draining to play longer than 2 hours.

I can play other genres for 20 hours if I can get away with it, but MMORPGs and most popular (J)RPGs are boring as fuck.

The difference is there are plenty of racing games with high skill ceilings and enough depth to keep you engaged for months. MMOs like WoW, gookclone, and FFXIV are bottom of the barrel flowchart.

I agree with OP MMOs are fucking boring

its f2p you mongoloid

As for keybind mashing gameplay, I'll let you in on a little secret: all MMOs are terrible games with terrible gameplay. The 'questing' is repetitive and boring and grindy, raids are buggy and poorly tuned and completely boring on the 20th run, your character story isn't as good as a solo RPG or RTS where you are actually playing the main hero, the rich and deep lore is written by Q-grade writers and is all Mary-Sue characters and retcons, PVP is unbalanced and zergy and a complete joke compared to a dedicated PvP game. You don't play a MMO for its amazing gameplay or 'content', those are just the means not the ends. You play it for the meta-content and the meta-context. The pixel dragon is 'epic' when you are doing it with 30 other comrades, you grind the ten rats because it matters in the context of the world/progression, you shoot the tower at 4AM unopposed because it has impact in a persistent world, and you hate the guy who owns it and want to ruin his internet pixels. That's why people do it, plus basic human nature: groupish thinking, us vs them, being in an e-war since IRL war sucks, and any other subconscious instinctual schemes. Of course you don't understand human nature, and you are trying to discover it by doing equations and reinvent the wheel in your basement, when you could just read "The Righteous Mind" by J. Haidt like I told you... It'll release you from your eternal torment of trying to decode "fun" and "why they do/don't do that".

there are barely any mmos with a challange esepcially during the leveling phase

I am not suprisde that terra would bore you from the start, they throw op weapons at you from the start.

the fun is earning your good gear instead of just having it.

>I get bored with them after 30 minutes and never come back.

Be happy. I had to force myself to stop playing TERA because it was too much time consuming.
I just couldn't get bored, the moment I went online I was sure to get at least one message of a guild member/friend/whatever wanting to to something with me.
Events, PvP, raids, friggin' hide'n seek (yeah on my server some guy gave nice rewards to whoever found him first)...

The fact that I was playing Priest (a healing class), was good at it, and sociable didn't help.

I can't even stand listening to the game's OST else I might want to reinstall it.

It still is one of my best gamihg experience though, if not the best. And I played a lot of different games.

What other genres let you interact with other players meaningfully? Every other type like arena and fps are like one night stands where you fuck and leave. But you can get to know people in MMOs.

>yeah on my server some guy gave nice rewards to whoever found him first
kek there's always that one autist, but this is what makes mmos great, a game's system must encourage this type of emergent gameplay, the more restrictive and safe a mmo is the worse it is.

>I had to force myself to stop playing TERA because it was too much time consuming.

Same here, I can easily play 12 hours of TERA on my days off without getting bored or running out of things to do but I just wanted to do other stuff or play other games too. Currently trying to reduce my MMO time.

>fun
Nope.