Has Sup Forums tried playing Skyrim with Requiem and Mortal Enemies + TK dodge...

Has Sup Forums tried playing Skyrim with Requiem and Mortal Enemies + TK dodge? I don't know what I was thinking reinstalling this game, but these mods are about the closest you'll ever get to having pretty fun/interesting combat in skyrim. I'm really having a good time with the game again, and not just because it's more "hardkore".

>bandit power attacks
>dodge out of the way
>deliver a crippling blow as he stumbles by

unfortunatly mods can't fix a shitty story or quests but at least the humanoid encounters are good.

Ask me anything

Does it make combat feel satisfying? Most mods and shit I've played don't help and vanilla is retarded.

Basically you can't stand still and mash rmb until your opponents health bar hits zero, combat is more satisfying in that stamina has a much greater effect on your attacks, but they generally do more damage. When you get a hit in, it's going to hurt, but overextend and burn your stamina and you'll be unable to block or dodge and usually get smashed. It doesn't make the entire game into a 1 hit kill simulator, but makes combat more than just tanking their DPS with yours

Enemies also block a lot more, so you have to either bash through the block with a power attack, or wait for them to let your guard down. Ramboing a blocking enemy will semi-stun you and give them a free hit.

I really enjoyed Requiem until I went into a dungeon and saw they added 20x more enemy spawns for no reason other than "hardcore, lel" It made stealth impossible

This is a webm with TK Dodge.

I haven't had the issue, if your dungeons are liberally crawling with enemies it might be a problem with another mod.

I play with this and locational damage. I'm not some autist who cares about story so this + locational damage tweaked to make damage more realistic makes the game super fucking fun.

I want to try Locational Damage but I've heard it's really script heavy and causes a lot of crashes, what does it do exactly?

There's locational damage mods now?
Freak me up family i might reinstall the game now

Add damage percentages based on where you hit enemies and with what. You can make just about everything lethal or really lethal if you want to. Also had arrow insta kill headshots and even excludes it if the enemy is wearing heavy armor.

For example you can add 100% critical damage if you're in a battle and your sword slices the enemies neck. It's very tweakable to your liking so if you want to tweak the game to be realistic as hell or just back combat much more actiony and lethal you can do that.

I personally like playing with realistic damage and with sneak tools so I have to properly pick off enemies with headshots and slitting peoples throats or I'll get fucked in the ass if they spot me. I like to do a realistic damage play through of every Bethesda game and Fallout New Vegas if the mods allow me to. Spices up the experience.

Has anyone tried the Dragon combat overhaul? It looks good but the authors mod description on the nexus has so many memes that I cba to actually try

Skyrim was and is an awesome game

Aside from the skills and quests, it can be pretty good

Quests were pretty weak, but walking around in the forest while its snowing and you have your black ice wolf next to you feels comfy as fuck

looks nice, but is there anything that makes magic fun? every magic mod i've found is just dumb overpowered shit or "le kamehameha mage duel" bullshit

I always get an urge to reinstall skyrim since there aren't a lot of options for exploration RPGs with a good amount of customization for armor/weapons, but remembering I'll be spending 50 hours modding the game usually dissuades me. New comfy RPG with lots of exploration and customization when?

faggot

>Skyrim doesn't have combat similar to M&B
That alone would make the game so much more fun

The apocalypse spells package is pretty good, adds loads of offensive spells but the real goodie is the utility spells. Featherfall, short range teleports, there's even one that lets your raise a wall to block enemies.

There's no real good way to fix the magic combat though, it's always going to be equipping your best spell and going to town. But apocalypse gives you more options to do it

Hipster