How did Greg Miller become so successful and dpopular in the video game industry?

It's not like he did anything special besides work at IGN

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=RA_Bglo124s
youtu.be/UIuC_grsFb8?t=3m44s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh shit, he's dead?

Did he get cancered?

yes

Damn, that is so fucked up.

YEARS AGO YOU RETARDS

don't you know your games journalism lore?!

>cancer getting cancer

The irony

I'm pretty sure it stilled sucked for him

marketing

he has a few powerful friends in high places making him the face of gaming journalism

>It's not like he did anything special besides work at IGN
Actually, he did ALL of the work at IGN. In old-school game journalism, if you wanted a shot at becoming an editor, you had to kiss ass in every single division. He helped organize events, editorial work, assistant in basically every department, and he would help people who fell behind on their deadlines.

Literally who

>Greg Miller gets cancer

Well it looks like it's
Game Over Greggy.

Who?

Shit how do I do that? I want to win awards I don't deserve too.

Sorry kids, he's not a Sup Forums e celeb meme

Greg Miller is pretty legit. I like him now. Seeing him get emotional when telling his story made me tear up.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=RA_Bglo124s

Is he an /i/ e celeb meme?

He was a meme around the time MGSV was being introduced through media events, and for some reason had special early access despite being a terrible reporter.

He's a very good reporter

BEYOND!

What's with Americans getting cancer? It feels like it's just becoming one of their pastimes.

shitty Jeff Gerstman for people who didn't live through Gerstman getting fired and building Giant Bomb

Poor lad, he wanked over Sony a lot, hope he's well

OP pic looks an awful lot like Andy Wachowski immediately before his surgery

youtu.be/UIuC_grsFb8?t=3m44s

>that whole vid
What the fuck happened to games just being a fun pastime? People are taking this shit way too far.

>e celeb meme
>internet celeb

I know being retarded is a funny meme but you should stop

he was a massive sony bandwagoner before it was cool, so everyone started liking him, then he got cancer and it became sympathetic

the perfect eceleb storm

Damn, Cliffy B got fat.

He's a terrible reporter

By working his ass off and volunteering to do events no one else wanted to so he ended up meeting people and spreading his name around. Never underestimate what people will do when drunk. All you have to do is get an invite to an event, talk to a liquored up figure in the industry and ask them to come on your show. They'll likely agree and then boom, you get famous.

Ijustine does the same thing.
She sucks enough cock that she is able to host like one big gaming thing a year.
2012 or something she was E3 G4 host with Geoff.
And she has been the host of a lot of COD events

He's no Patrick Klepek

God damn he's so fucking lame.

Holy shit, when did things become this bad?

>pronounces Joosten's name wrong
He get's paid for this shit and can't even take the time to learn foreign names?

When this happened.

Reminder that GREG MILLER was one of the beta males in Anita's feminist video thing. Where a bunch of beta faggots like Tim Shacfeer and other faggots apologize for being male.

gets

>Mark Hamill lost to Kiefer Sutherland