>buy a 3DS the other day
>want to be a good little goy, and not hack the thing

>half the games I actually want never got physical release in my region
>and if the console dies I'll have to rebuy all my digital games

What the fuck

-buy a japanese 3ds
-pretty sure you can have your account backed up
-you're not a good little goy, just a scared bitch afraid he'll brick

Nintendo's shit with downloadable games does seem to be really odd. It's not only that it's bad on its own, it's bad compared to everyone else. Like the PS3 I think lets you download stuff to two consoles and two handhelds, and a 3DS you're fucked if you lose your 3DS

>lose your 3DS

then don't go that retarded man

>American healthcare is expensive
>hurr jst dont get sick

Accidents are called accidents for a reason

If my PC exploded I can still download all my games
If my Vita or PS3 gets stolen, I safely know I can redownload all my shit

With the 3ds I'm scared of even changing SD cards

Lose or break or whatever, it hasn't happened to me and I certainly hope it doesn't.

The 3DS must be one of the worst handhelds ever made. Terrible hardware for its time, ridiculous handling if it comes to stuff bought digitally, fucking friendcodes to this day, terrible controls, useless as fuck gimmick barely anyone uses for more than 5 minutes... I could probably go on about how shit this handheld is. I will never understand why the fuck Sup Forums acts like the 3DS is some kind of a holy grail of handhelds. The fact that it gets all the games is more frustrating than good. As it stands now the 3DS is just holding hostage good games that where much better off on any other console.

>>and if the console dies I'll have to rebuy all my digital games

I wished this meme would die. My buddy sold his 3DS and later bought a new one. He called Nintendo and they restored all of his digital games (you need to make an NNID, or whatever it is called and your games get attached to that ID.)

>you have to call Nintendo and beg them to restore your shit you bought

Why is Nintendo stuck in 1990 not only hardwarewise but also if it comes to this stuff?

>I will never understand why the fuck Sup Forums acts like the 3DS is some kind of a holy grail of handhelds.
>The fact that it gets all the games is more frustrating than good.

You just asked why people like the 3DS, and followed it up with the reason why people like the 3DS. And I kinda like the 3D, though it's not important. Eats up tons of battery life, however.

Yes, it kind of sucks. But it took like 5 minutes to get it done. And yet everyone keeps spouting this bullshit myth of how you'll lose your games if you sell or lose your system. Nintendo deserves a lot of shit but this meme needs to stop.

Well there is no fucking Nintendo in my country

Guess the closest would be Germany, lets just learn how to speak German and call them for the low price of 1 dollar a minute, have a little chat, then they will either tell me they can't do anything or that I should call Poland or Britain or the United States or send a carrier pigeon to fucking Iwata's grave

Yeah 3d is pretty cool quite often I find, given it's called the 3ds it should really be better, but it's pretty cool

>and followed it up with the reason why people like the 3DS
And then I followed this up by stating that its a bad thing and no reason to like that thing. Just imagine the next Bloodborne or whatever game you like comes for PS2 instead of PS4. Its basically the same thing. No one wants his games on ancient hardware if there are better choices. Its like 3DS fans all suffer stockholm syndrome.

My A9LH'd n3ds XL with a flashcart is probably the best system I own.
Hack it.
If you're a nintenshill, then buy the games and keep them on your shelf.

>And then I followed this up by stating that its a bad thing and no reason to like that thing
The games are all that matter, you donut.

>Just imagine the next Bloodborne or whatever game you like comes for PS2 instead of PS4. Its basically the same thing.
If a game was made for something else, it would be a different game. Your "holding games hostage" logic makes no sense. You're complaining about the hardware you don't like.

>I have to rebuy all my digital games
???
Pretty sure your buyers history is linked to your Nintendo ID

>flashcart
>in 2016

It's still the only way to play DS games, user. You can't run them solo yet.

>If a game was made for something else, it would be a different game.
Yes, it would be a better game. See how Project Diva games look on PSP and Vita? Now check how disgusting it looks on 3DS. Now lets do the same with Atelier Rorona on Vita and 3DS. Or P4G and PQ. Or Bravely Default. Im almost certain at least one of these games wasnt supposed to be chibishit but ended up as one because the 3DS forced them to do so. I sure hope the NX will replace the 3DS and we can finally have an era of handheld games that are actually good again. Right now it just hurts to see it. The Vita, despite being an excellent handheld, died 2 months after release and the 3DS seems like it was build with old leftover hardware Nintendo salvaged somewhere from some african junkyard.

I can play ds games on a phone or pandora

I don't really like consoles but are there any fun games you can recommend so I can justify buying this other than pokimans?

Kid Icarus, Smash on a handheld is of potential interest, about halfway through 3D Land and that's pretty fun.

People shit on it for the controls but I enjoyed Kid Icarus: Uprising.....Also the usual Nintendo stuff like Smash,Mario Kart,or DK Country Returns. There's Monster Hunter if you're into that,and some JRPG stuff too I think.

Think I'll go with pokimans, monster hunter and kid Icarus for starters. Thanks for recommendations

SMT, PQ, Etrian odyssey if you like drpgs

Any Nintendo game if you are a fanboy

Layton is fun too I guess

Don't pay money for Donkey Kong, it runs and looks like shit

Know that the camera controls in Monster Hunter are somewhat iffy unless you get a new 3ds, someone who's played more than the little of MH3U I have could probably say more on this, such as to how annoying it actually is, but I might as well say what i know

There are tonnes of games on the DS worth playing. Why wouldn't I keep them on my 3DS?

It was one of the first 3DS games I bought a few years ago. I don't remember any severe performance problems,but most 3DS games kinda look like shit.