What went Wrong

What went Wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U3QK-t-4Ru4
youtube.com/watch?v=3uikldm_qqU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All the decent Story parts like going into the fade and deciding the fate of Grey Wardens etc make up 10 hours of the game while 100+ hours are dedicated to boring bullshit.

Generic, poorly written, tried to be darker and edgier with muh inquisition in an already edgelord-tastic setting, disgusting plastic cheese look to everything being totally unappealing, boring combat, muh romance

Fucking Christ at least DA2 had an interesting setting

>tfw we'll never have a game set in Tevinter

Quantity over quality. The game had its high points, but Bioware worked so hard to avoid DA2's complaints of repetitive areas with Inquisition's huge environments that they forgot to make interesting and diverse side-quests that made the areas actually worth exploring.

>even more dumbed down combat
>barely a handful of quest
>100+ hours checklist garbage like collect all shards
>blandest mc in the series

>single player mmo
no thanks

Surprised nobody has cried "MUH SJW'S" yet

I actually liked it, but thought the game companion's to be quite lacking.

Agreed, I could really only stomach Solas and Cassandra. I would fill the third spot with a random character, then switch them out whenever I got tired of the poorly written banter

For all the complaints that DA2 had for rushed design, I still remember the characters having more definitive beginnings and ends to their story arcs.

Inquisition had interesting ideas and setups, but the main story's high-point was Haven, and a lot of the character quests ended right when I was starting to get intrigued. So when it was good, it was good, but I often felt that there was more time devoted to the filler.

It's an 7.5/10 game plagued by Bioware's usual problems.

Same here.

Wanna hug?

:blushes:

I still thought Varric was alright. But don't think he had nearly as fun of a dynamic working with the Inquisition as he did with Kirkwall's city watch.

The gameplay was really boring, the designs were shit and the party members were all obnoxious and hateful.

That's mostly because the Inquisitor is boring as shit

Is it me, or did they just...butcher Varric's character. He was only a shadow of himself in the game.

Absolutely nothing.

Did anybody actually like Sera?

(((Anonymous)))

I liked her from the neck down desu, and her player card when she's in her party is super QT

In the whole of DA Inquisition, The Lesbian Camp Goblin is the lesser of all evils.

Its an MMO RPG dumbshit

I expected her to be some SJW type character since Sup Forums was screaming about the whole time before release, but she actually BFTOs almost every single character she meets.

Same with Vivinne.

I think it sort of fits a tragic stage of his character moving away from his home and all of his old friends to join a desperate crusade, but it's a shame that the new camaraderie never really reaches as far as what he had prior.

Actually did a female playthrough once just to get into her panties... and then chose Josephine instead.

her name is Vivienne you cis shitlord

>dat adorable tiny elf servant that accidentally wakes you up after you close the first rift
>almost pissing herself because she thinks you'll kill her for waking you from your slumber

Why did the introduce the cutest character so early on, then completely abandon her? WHY

RIDE THE BULL

>can flirt with Harding, the QT female dwarf
>can't romance her
>can't even romance Varrick as female dwarf

WHY

>Sera
I guess I liked the idea of her character, but questioned the execution.

Weird pranks aside, it's nice that someone actually hates the politics that use commoners as expendable chess pieces, and it's interesting that she's one of the only people to get genuinely upset about the idea of the Inquisitor not being who they've been lorded up to be.

But after her quest and potential argument with the inquisitor over what's the greater good, her story just kind of ends. No follow-up or payoff to the disagreements over her beliefs or what she really hopes to attain in the end.

She was actually entertaining when I stopped giving a fuck and just made an asshole PC.

See, my problem was I was trying to play DAI like DAO. I wanted to be diplomatic, inquisitive, and invested in the world and its people. I never wanted to take an easy solution because I thought working harder would make the world better for everyone.

Inquisition doesn't really give a shit about that. Inquisition wants you to pick elfroot. All the major choices are obvious and binary. All the side material is meaningless and linear. Once I realized that, I just restarted the game and created an Elf Nazi, whose entire purpose was to fuck shit up and kill humans. The storyline is so poorly written, the only way I could find to have fun with it was to fuck it up at every turn. It was actually reminiscent of the Dark Side path in KOTOR.

And throughout all of that Sera was actually entertaining. All her stupidity and short-sightedness no longer bothered me. It was actually kind of cathartic. It almost felt like someone in Bioware realized how stupid their game was, and wrote Sera specifically to take advantage of that awful, awful world. Unfortunately I know that's not how it happened, but it's nice to pretend.

Part of me still hopes for a Kirkwall group reunion. Well, minus Anders.

>Fell for the open world meme
>Shitty main story about an ancient evil awakening
>All the female characters were complete bitches

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Like the customization. I felt like there should have been much more customization. Skyhold could've had more, you could've customized your army more, etc.

It felt like they were treading carefully because DA2 was an abomination.

Harding is legitimately the only attractive female character in DA: I, and she's a fucking dwarf

PC agenda

Took a lot longer than expected

youtube.com/watch?v=U3QK-t-4Ru4

based smug tells it how it is.

Nothing went wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=3uikldm_qqU

>Story was linear and boring
>Gameplay was MMO shit
>Animations were shit
>Companions never fucking talked to one another
>Music was generic bar a few decent tracks

Bioware can't die soon enough.
Next game if we get one will be there. YouTube the Trespasser ending.

>Skyhold could've had more, you could've customized your army more, etc.
Right? What a fucking joke that turned out to be. They never even let you fix the fucking holes in the hallway to the War Table, and there were other areas that were never fixed either. Fucking BaW's villa got this right, why can't Bioware stop fucking up.

It's also part of why I thought the non-Trespasser ending was so standard. ME3 ended on a weird note, and the rage consumed the internet for months.

So Inquisition had you simply kill the one-dimensionally evil baddie and knock off for a drink.

>part 36

No good romance

> They never even let you fix the holes in the hallway to the War Table
That bothered me far more than it should have.

For whatever reason, I almost ended up enjoying Haven more as a base of operations than Skyhold.

something much worse than corypheus should have been the bad guy
we should have went to the black city
there should have been some kind of interesting reveal about the nature of the blight
flemeth should have been something else

thats the last part and his overall conclusion of the game. you can watch it all if you want.

I disagree

too many funny moments

>Actually did a female playthrough once just to get into her panties... and then chose Josephine instead.
I did the same, then realized my mistake when Josephine turned out to be completely fucking boring. Then I romanced Sera and it was way better.

I kind of liked the Inquisitor as far as emotional range goes. Didn't have as much diverse dialogue as the warden, or as much snark as snarky Hawke, but there were some decent moments that let you question the moral weight of posing as an entire religion's messiah.

Was just disappointed that the facade never came crashing down at the end. People realizing that it was all propaganda idolizing someone who was just in the right place at the right time, and seeing how your supporters divided themselves over it. Like a reflection of Andraste's fall.

2 much scale

who the fuck wants 10 trillion collectables and pointless, uninspired side quests when you can have less, higher quality ones

origins was so much better

I did. I romance her every time I play a female character. Best girl.

>Harding
>not Morrigan
Granted the latter is off the table for you, but still. Harding is hardly that attractive.

Bioware being bought out by EA.