ITT: Casual Filters

ITT: Casual Filters

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM
youtu.be/wKHpqBvdQcE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pic related and snow barrel blast are huge casual filters.

>holy fuck finally made it through that tough level
>that dude that comes out of nowhere at the end

Quite possibly the greatest casual filter of all time.

sup bro
I still have PTSD thanks to this fucker

Man, I LOVED when I was finally able to do this with no damage. Learning that dashing actually makes you able to go under his shots was fucking awesome. Suddenly every single attack was an opportunity for my own counter.

I hate that the Zero series wasn't more popular because it's what Megaman and the genre really should have become, fast paced, exciting, bosses that feel powerful, so you feel like a badass when you kill them.

It was a build filter too, that shouldn't have been there.

Any level with a Queen.

>he's right at the beginning too
Zero 1 pulled no punches.

Both fights were rather hard, I managed to win when I set a 10 minute timer until I shut off the game and deleted the save file.
I probably wouldnt do it but the adrenaline was enough for me to win

>Final boss
>Casual filter
That's not how it works faggot.

>Final Boss
>Casual filter

>Mega Man X
>Save file

This is... true.

Mega Man Zero was hard as fuck until I figured out the right way of playing it. Now it's probably my favorite game series.

>casual game
>"casual filter"
lmoa

Learn how Geo Panels work or start the whole game over, faggot.

>I hate that the Zero series wasn't more popular because it's what Megaman and the genre really should have become!

>Megaman game
>GRIND ENEMIES TO BREAK THE GAME GAIN ABILITIES!

No fucking thank you. If I'm grinding, it better be Battle Network

and pic related is another casual filter within MMZdue to the fact that beating him is NOT THE FUCKING MISSION BEING OVER and will out and out fuck up any casuals, who will likely lose to him several times.

that entire game is a casual filter

Underrated post.

You don't need to grind if you're good. You never really need more than one slash really.

>You never need more than one slash, really.

I'm sorry, but some bosses I really don't want to deal with for extended periods of time. Once I get the ability to charge the slash, then I can play as fucking shit as I want, since that's the damn-near universal boss killer.

It was a bad feature needing to unlock basic functionality of the weapons. And I'm grateful later games in the series opted against it.

Just play on Hard. The full extent of your powers is unlocked the instant you get your weapons in that mode. :^)

I actually didn't like that Z3/4 took that out. It adds a little bit of progression to the game, while not really being necessary.

That said my playstyle is also influenced by that Z2 speedrun video, so I prefer single quick slashes to charging

For me, anyway

Zero feels slower to me then the normal mega man games which is why i dont like the zero series

The only progression the games need is unlocking moves or elemental chips or elves. Incrementing everything is a cheap, transparent method of hooking players by the nose. A good game doesn't need everything to unlock in doses.

Boy, I hope you never play the X games, th en.

Special moves, rather. Not basic ones.

I feel like you fags are doing this on purpose.

X4 is fast as shit versus Zero series in terms of speed. Levels are short and punishing in Zero at least the first one, versus big easy mode in X4.

Well elves the kind of fucked up on because you get penalized for using them, so no one really uses them until at least after the 8 stages.

And even when they unfucked the system, you run into the same problem in Z4, where you need to grind to level up your free elf usage. And you always needed to grind for the good elves in Z1-3 anyway.

Honestly, the ex-moves are the best parts of Z2/3/4. Especially since they can kind of replace the need for charge moved since they're elemental without needing to grind anything.

>X4 is fast as shit
lolwut
X4 is when animation warmup/cooldown starts to really stunt the speed of the X series
At least refer to a genuinely fast X game like X2 or something

>He doesn't SDC bosses to oblivion

No wonder you think it's slow

God Hand

Just about a ton of levels

So how is Codename STEAM anyways? It had a lot of hype prior to release, but the mediocre-average reviews turned all discussion into shitposting.

HUH!

I know it's not exactly the hardest game in the world, but fuck this guy.
With everything else, especially the atlanteans, you can jump around and actually outplay them, since their projectiles were actually dodgeable.
But this fucker wasn't taking any of that shit.

Shame I could never get the second game to render properly.

I went in there super relaxed thinking it was like any other MM tutorial boss
He proceeded to fuck my shit up like 4 or 5 times

You're joking, right? The PS1 X games are the slowest in the franchise thanks to those huge sprites and elaborate animations. They're also, not coincidentally, the worst.

this is the part where most people quit the game

Personally I really enjoyed it. Gamplay wise it's small squad-based tactical action, with player skill replacing chance to hit/chance to crit stuff (i.e you shoot at a weakpoint you do extra damage). Theme wise it's classic American fiction characters led by Abraham Lincoln to battle Lovecraft's elder gods. It's over the top as fuck and a lot of fun, and I'm pretty disappointed it bombed because it could easily stand alongside Advance Wars and Fire Emblems of old. Would definitely recommend downloading the patch they released before playing though, otherwise enemy turns take forever.

M'egidola

Easiest boss of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM

This fucming fag

>halfway point of the game
No.
>tfw I just threw my best guys over to him and punched him in the face instead
I don't have time to play with my dad.

That's a real nice AC you got there. Would be a shame if something happened to it.

*Minotaur smirked*

[Glass Her]

Fucking crash. That was some bullshit level design.

It was autism

Holy fuck this. The worst part is there's a save point that prevents you from going back, so no grinding if you're underleveled. He was pretty hard in Origins too.

mythic. hell, even on heroic.

Beat me to it

tfw you can clear it on your first try now

>This boss was so difficult because it was the guy you fought in the demo w/ higher lvl and stats, and they forgot to change it back for the real game.

>anything in legion
>hard

casual

This malignant cunt right here and the following boss start mixing up boss battle mechanics and kicking your shit in.

The funny thing is they're easy to get used to if you've played the series before, but Paper Petey and Wiggler are a fucking wall for new players and there's no statboosting items until you defeat them.

This is actually a good casual filter, this fight teaches you how to use free run effectively and how to not be greedy when doing combos.

That entire game is a casual filter.

Nightmare of Metroid Fusion

I want to fuck that robot.

holy shit is he op

>he didn't use the team limit break before he activated insane mode
you suck.

what game?

NEED GAME NAME PLS

Tales of the Abyss

>That victory celebration
>That credits music
youtu.be/wKHpqBvdQcE

Dude that boss was piss easy with all the bombs you can use on it.

Barrier Trio is more of a Casual Filter

>buy a million bombs and win
Nah, the real casual filter is Forlorn Junk Heap, first time you actually need to use buffs/debuffs

incorrect idiot.its tales of vesperia

as someone who is new to the series, figuring out how the game works is kind of tough when your're spoiled by modern games. I just passed this, convinced the end guy not to fight, and moved on. having lots of fun.

I know, I was following the epic Sup Forums meme of "mislead the person asking for a game by answering a game similar to it or from the same series".

I didn't realize being a middle schooler was an epic meme
When did i get old

You got old a few yeara ago user, you just didn't realize

Only the first Mega Man Zero game really had grinding, and that was only if you really wanted to earn Ultimate Mode.