Its mid November but fuck it, winter draws near. Post some cozy tunes to welcome the season

Its mid November but fuck it, winter draws near. Post some cozy tunes to welcome the season.
youtu.be/HfgceqDiqUg
They don't gotta be Christmas-y

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YOukwU7uv9o
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=170661461
youtube.com/watch?v=6vESfgScrgE
youtu.be/7Xq-q30Y-IE
4archive.org/board/vr/thread/2791432
youtube.com/watch?v=qEL3hZ-PaFE
youtube.com/watch?v=H_sC0gqXzl0
youtube.com/watch?v=hMGH4567G7I
youtube.com/watch?v=EdMtdXwk8Yo
youtu.be/E2A4iGLz-Lc
youtube.com/watch?v=ARq6uYSsUq0
youtube.com/watch?v=YJp6SvYkgDs
youtube.com/watch?v=Vw_p6el6xR4
youtube.com/watch?v=0MBtxyOe3l4
youtube.com/watch?v=zc_IUCdpxZQ
youtu.be/1hbiQzWGkXA
youtube.com/watch?v=YfMn7UfZzGc
youtube.com/watch?v=zXPV2nzAPd4
youtube.com/watch?v=jbjy2W_LBPM
youtube.com/watch?v=XEyGwniSxDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pFp7kt4G-Ck
youtube.com/watch?v=XQlHgRNdgNc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that NiGHTS is on steam now for people who no longer have a working Saturn.

It's actually not an awful port but you really need a controller.

I just bought it actually, not too hard with a keyboard but controllers nice.

They didn't port over Christmas NiGHTS though, which is a real shame.

I bought it hoping they would at some point. I still haven't looked into Saturn emulation, I remember it being completely awful some years ago.

I might be wrong since I never had an original Saturn

But you do get a christmas level in nights and a cute short christmas-related story
is that not Christmas Nights?

It's most of it, but it's missing a lot of easter eggs that the original Christmas Nights had.

youtube.com/watch?v=YOukwU7uv9o

There's a list of included/missing content here.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=170661461

youtube.com/watch?v=6vESfgScrgE
Gotcha OP

youtu.be/7Xq-q30Y-IE
This one always gets me

Didn't Sup Forums make a 4-disc album of vidya winter music?

>Sup Forums made a vidya winter album
Source that shit my man

If so, find it

It was also on PS3 if I remember correctly.

I think I found it

4archive.org/board/vr/thread/2791432

Good taste user.

youtube.com/watch?v=qEL3hZ-PaFE

You too

>Christmas NiGHTS

You are speaking my language OP

youtube.com/watch?v=H_sC0gqXzl0

The steam port is totally fine but there's something about it that just feels off compared to the Saturn version. Can't really describe it honestly but I think if you played both back to back you'd notice what I mean.

It's in the HD port, at least the level itself. You have to beat the game first though. Some of the various extra bits like sonic into dreams or the karaoke aren't in there though, but others (Reala on april fools, the art gallery) are just part of the base game/menus.

I've had this "playing Christmas Nights during Christmas ritual" for a while. Played the Steam version for the last 2 years but it's just not the same experience as turning on my Sega Saturn.

youtube.com/watch?v=hMGH4567G7I

I always liked the Christmas songs from Rangarok Online.

That's a really solid list, thanks ole pal

What are some good Christmas-y winter games besides Christmas NiGHTS?

I was just looking for this the other day, cool

It's not really a christmas-y game at all but I think Little Inferno is a great game to play this time of year. It's basically the video game equivalent of those old VHSes of fireplaces my parents would put on for ambiance or whatever during the winter season.

the first 10 seconds or so almost throw me off but the rest is actually super nice.
I love Nights design, it's very endearing and i can't find a thing about it i hate

As much as Skyrim is hated, Skyrim. Twilight Princess was a fantastic winter experience when that came out, even though it's not wintery. But I was at the snowy area at the time. A lot of SNES games just feel right for the season too, they're super cozy. Maybe it's the music.

Shenmue.

Yakuza 5

I guess most Yakuza games take place during christmastime but 5 especially. If nothing else then because of the hunting minigame.

There are Japanese copies of Christmas Nights that are new for $17 and used for a little cheaper on Amazon.
Anyone know if I'll be able to enjoy its without English?
Also, I have a Saturn with an action replay, so don't worry.

I've been meaning to get into Yakuza, I really loved Shenmue and it seems like a step up.

Yes, there's hardly any text.

I like this thread and I love you guys. Muah.

Nights and Christmas Nights are not text-heavy games at all.

I think the only thing you'd miss out on is the narration for Christmas Nights' opening and ending cutscenes being in Japanese but you can just look up the english versions on youtube anyway.

Also you can probably get Christmas Nights for even cheaper than that. I see bundles of it and the base game on ebay for like $15 all the time.

I don't like JoD much at all but this version of Dreams Dreams from it is easily the best thing from it.

youtube.com/watch?v=EdMtdXwk8Yo

>they got the girl who did the child version for the original NiGHTS to sing that version

and it was perfect.

>Twilight Princess
Opposite for me. I played it during the summer and enjoyed it.
I was playing in the basement when I got to the snowy part and I honestly had a feeling as if it was actually snowing outside until I actually went up to check.

>tfw your Christmas '07 was this and Super Mario Galaxy
Comfy times were had...
I wanna go back.

The atmosphere is just great. FFVII did the same thing for me with the icicle inn

Don't I need a PayPal to use eBay? I'm too lazy to set one up.
Plus, there are some sellers on Amazon that are sending it from the US instead of Nippon, so I wouldn't have to wait.

youtu.be/E2A4iGLz-Lc
Meant to link

The comfortable times will return eventually, right now too many devs don't care for adding neat holiday stuff in unless it's for monetary gain like how TF2 and OW do events with more cosmetic trash

>OW do events

Oh, release more jewish lootboxes with one or two costumes and loads of useless stickers? Sounds about right

youtube.com/watch?v=ARq6uYSsUq0

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=YJp6SvYkgDs
youtube.com/watch?v=Vw_p6el6xR4
youtube.com/watch?v=0MBtxyOe3l4

Forgot one

youtube.com/watch?v=zc_IUCdpxZQ

youtu.be/1hbiQzWGkXA

youtube.com/watch?v=YfMn7UfZzGc

youtube.com/watch?v=zXPV2nzAPd4

The game may be shit, but the music is fantastic.

Did someone ask for comfy?!
First some Kirby:
youtube.com/watch?v=jbjy2W_LBPM
youtube.com/watch?v=XEyGwniSxDQ

And perhaps the greatest Mario snow theme ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=pFp7kt4G-Ck
Why do snow levels have some of the greatest music?

Im replaying this on my xbone. Game is simple but magical, one of sonic teams best

Oh hello childhood

something cozy: youtube.com/watch?v=XQlHgRNdgNc

holy shit this. Even NiGHTS' "Dreams Dreams'' plays outside a store in Saejima's snowing town.