What was the last game you dropped and why?

What was the last game you dropped and why?

>Get the hammer
>Hey Would You Like A Hammer Tutorial? YES / NO
>no
>But Thou Must! YES / YES
>why the fuck is there even an option
>fine
>boring tutorial telling you the hammer functions exactly as any player this far into the game would expect it to
>wander off
>get caught off guard by some much higher end enemies and game over
>game forces me to sit through the tutorial a-fucking-gain

and I dropped it, not because going through a five minute tutorial would have killed me, but because its really tell tale of the overall quality of the game that it chooses to repeatedly waste my time like that.

What about you?

You're a fucking idiot, OP

Fucking retard.

Uh oh, OP.
It looks like you've gone and insulted Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, one of the two massively overrated portable Mario RPGs that you absolutely CANNOT under any circumstances, criticize in any way whatsoever despite them having just as many flaws as the games in the same series that are shit on.

I've beaten the game many years ago, you know. I admire the game for adding actual fun gameplay to an RPG but my tolerance for tutorial bullshit has grown very thin. I dropped Ocarina of Time, again on a replay, for similar reasons.

Look at what you've done OP. You've triggered the SSSfags.
I inform you that the game is perfect and M&L NEVER had a tutorial problem before Dream Team.

>get caught off guard by some much higher end enemies and game over
this is odd. I can't think of a single time that game lets you fight "much higher end" enemies

should have saved

Well, slightly difficulty enemies. The game is pretty easy. I was under-leveled and didn't know their patterns. They did half my HP in one hit lol.

After getting the hammers, if you wander north instead of going to beanbean castle town like you're supposed to, the tanooki goombas will destroy you. I did the same thing OP did when I played SSS as a kid.

You can do the whole game without taking a point of damage so maybe you needed the tutorial.

You can play God Hand without taking a point of damage too, what's your point?

neat, I didn't know you could fight them early. I tend to assume everything is gated off and don't bother looking

Use an emulator, use the turbo option.

This game is genuinely one of the best games ever made, even for its flaws. You should stick with it, it gets really good.

>that Bowser's Castle

I'm sorry this board is like this, user. At least you and I know we're right.

Fuck, Superstar Saga and Partners in Time had tutorial-specific screens not otherwise part of the gameworld.

>Our opinion's right
Oh wow

Explain yourself. What I recently played, between the tutorials and exposition, it had already fallen and lost its shot at being the best anything.

Except it's fact that all M&L games break the pacing with tutorials.

>leave the swamp
>bottle neck map and a military machine gun shooting a me as soona s I leave the door
10/10

Not them but they're finally optional in Paper Jam.

This is what you get for playing games designed for five year olds.

Go fuck yourself, you faggot fucking retard.

Leave the board. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Sup Forums's game.

You're right, should've said "before Paper Jam".

I know your feel, and maybe other anons can attest to this, but there's just some point where the game transitions from boring villages and enemies to really really fun areas, puzzles, and enemies. And I'm really sorry that i can't tell you when this happens. But there's so many memorable parts.

>Yoshi Theater
>Dr Mario Mansion
>Getting the fire and thunder gloves
>the air port
>when you can only use Luigi
>that forest
>all those bosses
>final level semi-boss rush

This is on my short list of need to play every year

Not that guy, but I agree with him. The battle system gets a lot more fun when you can do advanced versions of bros attacks, the locations in the game are really cool and unique, the characters are funny and likeable, and everything just grooves well together overall. Yes, there are tutorials whenever you get a new ability, but I didn't find them that annoying. I was 10 when I played the game though, so I realize an adult with tons of newer, better games to play might not have patience for some of the slower parts of the game.

See this is the argument but, fuck, no five year old is going to read all that fucking text. He's going to skip past that shit and just figured it out by playing because to a kid that's way faster and more fun. And she'd be right.

>get game over because you suck fucking ass
>wow i have to repeat something? this game fucking sucks
not our fault you're too pleb to appreciate true kino

>And I'm really sorry that i can't tell you when this happens
I can. WooHoo University.

I thought the game started getting really good around chucklehuck woods myself.

And i honestly believe this is the only game that does have a lot of tutorials, but the amount of content vastly outweighs all the time wasted

I don't find the enemies in that area too interesting.

>quitting the game over a fucking tutorial

You really missed out, all because you Sup Forumsirgins can't stay patient

How the fuck could you unironically call this one of the best games ever made?

>>get caught off guard by some much higher end enemies and game over

Things that literally never happened: the post.

nostalgia? bad taste? hasn't played that many games? some kind of mix? it's just some random poster's opinion, no need to freak out.

Because I really enjoy it

stop trying to be the voice of reason faggot this is Sup Forums

Are you literally autistic? you can't wait two fucking seconds in a tutorial? Reminds me of this one tard that would constantly suck at a game until I told him how to play

>"DURR HOW DIDZ YOU NO DAT???"
>"It taught you in the tutorial..."
>"YOUZ AKTUALLY GO TROUGH DOEZ???"

Tanoombas north of Beanbean Castle Town and even Paratroopas south of it can easily slaughter you the first time you get out of HooHoo Mountain Base into the fields.

That's not similar at all.

You forget to consider there's like half a dozen save points along the way including an entire minecart minigame so it's impossible for it to have been those enemies that sent him back to that tutorial.

Shining Force Neo

You can wander off to places you aren't supposed to go yet, and in some of them you can't even scratch the enemies at your current level. I mean you can wail on them for 10 minutes and literally not see the lifebar move.

There's a save point right after the minecart section but not any between there and the earliest encounter with a tanuki goomba.

The hammer battle tutorial is after the minecarts and the save point right outside the minecart cave on the side of the fields. The only save point in the fields before the castle town is next to the path with the #2 green warp pipe and can be easily missed simply by not going north enough on that screen.

Sorry, I'm one of the most autistic people you'll ever find about Mario & Luigi.

I'm considering it.

Why would you ever drop the best game ever?

you realize you can take 0 damage from 99% of the fights in the game?

It's a chore to play.

You can play God Hand without taking a point of damage too, what's your point?

that you're bad, you died because you're bad, and now you're whining because you're bad

and by the way
>complains about tutorials
>dies in MLSSS
this is hilarious

that said, it'd be, indeed, a better game if the tutorials WERE actually optional

I ultimately dropped it too, shortly after getting the hammers, for different reasons.

It had charm and I enjoyed it, but something just wasn't clicking to make me keep wanting to play it. I blame the fact that I was using Wii U VC to play. 3DS might have been a different story.

Being introduced to a new enemy with a new attack pattern that also kills you in two hits is a pretty reasonable enemy to die to. Calm down, user.
>that said, it'd be, indeed, a better game if the tutorials WERE actually optional
At least you're not completely dumb.

then here's something a little more your speed

Oh, you're telling him to go play Tales of Symphonia?

Funny you would say that when SoA's problem is how stupidly simple it is.

That isn't a kendama.

OP said he already finished the gam0e before though

I have a very open mind when it comes to games.

A couple I recently dropped were Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain, and Lord of Magna.

Beyond and Heavy Rain were just, I just can't deal with it. I like stories in games but it was just completely focused on the story. Dropped Heavy Rain on chapter 3.

Lord of Magna was just meh. It took too long to start and it was so fucking bland. Someone recommended me Stella Glow afterwards and I was playing that for 3-4 days straight. I fucking loved it. I need more games like that.

>He's going to skip past that shit
>And she'd be right
What did xe mean by this?

>And i honestly believe this is the only game that does have a lot of tutorials
All of its sequels besides Paper Jam have tutorials up the ass.
I do find it funny how people forget it's just as bad in Superstar Saga though.