What is a good active server to join?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aW9LOTOgAPA
youtube.com/watch?v=h4OQDvRBKcE
youtube.com/watch?v=FaGaGqejQqI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its a dead mmo

go to /vg/ you idiot

Sup, the early game is pretty boring especially the combat, but as soon as you start to get all your skills it becomes a lot better.

The 3 most populated servers NA are Balmung (ERP general), Gilgamesh (raid) and Leviathan (Gilgamesh 2.0)

Gilgamesh, Balmung and like almost any Primal server as for tips just play the game it's pretty simple and will hold your hand through the start.

have fun having to do every single story quest / dungeon in order to access the Expansion. Takes fucking forever and gets drawn out. Oh and if you're coming here for advice you aren't playing with friends so its even worse.

Avoid the big 3 servers. If you decide you want to go to a big server, you can transfer or make an alt, but working with the people in them at first is a pain in the ass
Go tank or healer first. You wait less for duties tjat way. Early level is a bore for most classes as you dont have most of your skills.
Do the main story quest. features are locked behind progressing in it.

>Role Needed (Tank)
>Queue as tank
>Average wait time 7m

Just how dead is the Aether data center?

>tank or healer first
Other than queue times it makes no sense for a noobie to play a class that needs to know their shit.
Playing DPS first is much better as you get to watch from the sidelines how dungeons work and such. If you fuck up as DPS, so what, fights take an extra few seconds. If you fuck up as a tank or healer though, you're holding your party back hard.

Much less stressful and difficult this way. It's worth the extra wait time to properly learn the game. That said, play whatever you like best.

don't do this
that thread is a circle jerk of faggots

better to wait for the daily xiv threads to pop up on Sup Forums and ask there. too late right now

>tips

dont be anxious about doing trials/dungeons/raids, no one knows what they are doing. Sometimes it feels like a lot of pressure because one person can fuck it up for everyone, but as long as you learn from your mistakes, you'll be fine.

>what server
I always suggest a medium populated server. There are no "pure" servers, you'll find erp fags/weaboos/elitists everywhere. Either you're a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond, I like to think being in the middle of that is the best choice.

I missed the bait OP's

Aether is a quarantine for Balmung and Gilgamesh, only like 3 people play on the other worlds.

I get 10 mins que times as dps, i dunno maybe youre blacklisted

>blacklisted
Not sure that's possible seeing as I've been here less than a day.

What does that even mean anyways?

>have fun having to do every single story quest / dungeon in order to access the Expansion.
When is that ever not the case, unless they sell boosts like WoW does? Why do you expect to just be put at max level the moment you begin the game? Do you just IDCLEV30 every time you play Doom? Faggot.

>having two games worth of content to play is a bad thing
WoWbabbies, everyone.

>try my best to dps
>getting 30th percentile
>fuck what am I doing wrong
>try everything and eventually just settle for that
>doing a9s today
>friend mentions im doing good dps
>tell him im only doing 1.8kdps
>he tells me im doing higher than that
>his parcer and another friends says im doing 2.2k
>my parser says 1.8k
>what
>turns our my parser has been recording it wrong
>update it and change settings
>its working properly now

guess I have brain problems

Not even meming but WoWfugees flocking to this game is going to do more harm than good.

WoWfugees at least know how to play videogames. FF babies are just here to get carried and AFK in endgame towns

>WoWfugees at least know how to play videogames
No, they know how to do what their add-ons tell them.

I used to play FFXI. Does this game have a similar community, or is it just the WoW community?

Neither. It's gays and trannies agressively campaigning against anybody getting good.

Stillll can't decide. Started leveling Gladiator today just for the hell of it. Never tried a tank in a MMO before.

There is hardly any community. FCs don't talk, you might get a few active linkshells, but you mostly talk with your static. Queuing into dungeons just leads to total silence as you run through a hallway spamming enemies. Everything is focused around solo play, and the devs don't implement any barriers that force people to learn how to play.

>fanta to elezen
>already tired of lankiness after 3 weeks
If only fantas were free.
0-4 go hyur
5-9 stay elezen

That Halloween event where people had to help each other to solve it was the most I've seen people interact in an instance and I play on a JP server where people are supposedly more social.

just keeping giving money to SE.

You deserve to give it to them.

Yeah. I played XI for 10 years and I've been playing XIV since 1.0 closed beta, and it's just sad what MMOs have devolved into. Socializing was kind of the entire point.

I enjoy RP, so I made a few characters on Balmung. Even there, I hardly get any interaction because I don't appeal to ERPing cats or anime *teleports behind you* guys.

I dont see how people fanta every week, cant you be happy with one race?

t, someones whos been the same race and gender since beta

>Liked the crystal braves and what they stood for
>Ilbard was kind of a bro when you fought side by side with him
>Moenbryda was kind of annoying, but atleast it was fun to see her interact with Urianger
>Rising stones was actually a really cool hub, it was really nice to see the scions interact with one another
>It all goes to shit so fast, so much betrayal and shortsightedness from your allies
>Even Urianger seems to be getting on a ruse cruise after losing everything
The ride from the postARR to heavensward was jarring and sad. Atleast I get to hang out with the truest nigga in all of Eorzea.

Heavensward is an even better ride.

>tfw femroe

Roe pride, Eorzea wide. Brown or soap coloured?

soap

Missed the XI train as a kid I always wanted to play a online Final Fantasy game in any form with friends but at the time my parents didn't want to pay a sub and I had got FFX before XI came out so couldn't ask for two FF games.

I have it now but I know it's not the same game as it was years back.

>I used to play FFXI. Does this game have a similar
Nope.

I think it's still worth playing through solo for the story and the job system.

>cant you be happy with one race?
No

Elezen aren't for everyone.

I've been a cat for a year, but got tired of it.
>hyur doesn't have the voice I used for cat and elezen
reeee

I really, really hope they come out with a good offline version of it so that I can enjoy the game without having to pay a subscription fee. Right now, I'm taking advantage of the free game time, which only lasts for like two more days, to get further in the storyline. It's still a fun game since you get power-spikes every time you get a new ability, and it's so delicious when job abilities overlap and combine to make something really cool. Heck, they should just take this job system from XI and put it in XIV or any other new FF since it's so good.

Why would they do that when people are willing to pay a fee for it?

>Tfw you are always the only roe in a sea of c@, cancer skin and lalas
;_;

Because I want it for free, dammit.

Join Excalibur or Gilgamesh for lots of players.

tfw you are all using the same face

I believe someone a few months back posted SE's investor reports and there was something in there about an FFXI relaunch. It wasn't te mobile version because that was listed separately. It might be happening.

>tfw you enjoy playing female roes and au ra without worrying about some made up hipster stigma

youtube.com/watch?v=aW9LOTOgAPA

I'm still cautiously looking forward to the mobile version since it could be decent if it's just an HD version of XI. I'd play even if I would have to go through a phone emulator to play. Knowing Nexon is working on it, though, has got me worried, though.

So I make alts on various servers to see how things are since I don't like to talk shit about a place without personal experience, so I'll mark which of these are just hearsay.

Aether Data Center - overall the balance of Tank/DPS/Healer seems better on Aether, in that playing as a DPS doesn't lead to obnoxious queue times always, and tank doesn't mean you're instant Jesus who can do no wrong.
>Cactuar
My home server - extremely casual as far as the raid scene goes, but plenty of 'midcore' players, you can easily pug up to A10S. Very healthy crafting/gathering economy.
>Balmung
ERP Central, players in general seem to be of very low quality, and you'll generally get a lot of unwanted whispers trying to initiate ERP. Home of /xivg/. I haven't played here in quite a while so the addition of the RP tag may have alleviated the unwanted whispers aspect.
>Gilgamesh (hearsay)
Extremely high population, active server. This is where Reddit generally is. No idea about the quality of players but I've heard pugging shit is pretty easy.

Primal Data Center - disproportionately high on DPS as opposed to tank/healers, so queues for DPS suck. People in DF seem to like to talk more, meaning shit takes longer. The players aren't any better/worse though, just more talkative.
>Ultros
Home of the only 'Sup Forums' FC, which seems fine enough, if a bit obnoxious sometimes with memey bullshit. I'm not max level yet so I don't know how casual/shitty pugging stuff is.
>Brynhildr (Hearsay)
Shit economy.
>Leviathan (Hearsay)
seems to be getting some traction as a flocking point for people looking for a 'non-Gilgamesh but tryhard NA server'. So basically the high population, endgame focused Primal server.

Elemental Data Center
>Tonberry (Hearsay)
Seems to be the unofficial English server for those who want to play in the JP data centers. You get to RF with JP folks, which seems to hold competent randoms, but you need to figure out how to communicate with Japanese folks.

>/ffg/ talks about nothing but mobile games and frog posts if XI or XIV is brought up
>/xivg/ speaks for itsemf
>reddit is full of "look at this whacky thing I found threads and dad gamers
>OF has a post limit and full of WoWfugees

Who'd have thought Sup Forums threads would the best out of all of those.

I can tell you about Adamantoise!

There's 20 people here and they all fucking love it here.

I don't get it at all but at least they're happy I guess.

/xivg/ must be the most shittiest place Ive ever seen. Seriously, I always thought the DoA and best girl threads on Sup Forums are bad and full with permavirgin shitposters. Damn was I wrong. Doesnt help that those autistic shitters kinda represent the XIV playerbase.

Well, Sup Forums is the video games board. Also, it's past most Americans' bedtimes, so it's actually a somewhat decent environment for discussion.

Moogle's the best server, mhm.

Is that right? I never hear people mention that server, so that means it must be good.

DoA threads are fine if you ignore all the posts and only pay attention to Nyotengu and Helena images.

This

Unfortunately, late night Sup Forums is normally Sup Forums at its best.

yup I hear that

cant stand reddit humor, its like everyones doing the same fake laugh you do when someone attractive says something unfunny but you want in their pants
>haha lalafel bbq xD

like another user said, /vg/ is amazing at containing cancer so let them do their thing

Sup Forums is pretty good. A lot of stories of bad players, changes we'd like to see, suggestions, tips. Its not the best but its miles ahead of other places.

Absolutely!

Did no one notice that Aruru Aru is a Lalafell name?

Female midlander or highlander

/ffxivg/ by their own admission doesn't even talk about the game. But what would one expect on a board that is literally designed for circlejerking to take place.

Do you like men or women?

Mid. Face 1 or 5.
Highlanders have weird facial anatomy that make it impossible to create a good-looking one. And before anyone posts an image thinking they'll prove me wrong, those are ugly as well. It's something about the shape of the lips, the distance between the lips and the nose, and just generally the eyebrows. At best they'll look alright from one angle, but weird from any other.

They also wobble while idle, which is distracting.

Nope, still the second most popular MMO out there.

It's also a medium-small server considering char creation is often open all day.

I only play MMOs to explore comfy cities accompanied with a good OST. Does FFXIV fit the bill?

Cities are pretty small. OST for cities is okay, moderate comfy level.

OST shines in trial fights.

hard yes

Im not so much a comfyfag but a lot of zones in this area make me wanna just sit down and watch the view.

>does gladiator as first class
>two days later
>"FFXIV sucks!"

RDM tank

Yes, it is what you could consider "Comfy".

youtube.com/watch?v=h4OQDvRBKcE

The only city whose music I like is Ishgard's, and to even get there requires going through all of the original storyline quests and getting to level 50. If Mor Dhona is considered a city, then that place is also good.

As you can see from the image, gladiator isn't the first class I leveled. Just trying different classes and thinking about not playing a magic based class for once in a mmo.

If I'm going to level a tank I think I would rather try Warrior. Figured I may as well.get provoke first anyways.

I do really really like having a sword and shield though. Makes staging GLD/PLD tempting.

Aww yeah Ishgard is the comfiest place in the whole game. I really hope they go back and add a housing area for it

>a bit obnoxious sometimes with memey bullshit

You mean always, and run by an autistic pedo youtuber?

elezen woodlander

If you're leveling Gladiator/Paladin for Warrior stuff, you should get it to 34 so you can get Awareness to complement that ability Warriors have that leave them vulnerable to crits from enemies on their sides.

I approve of this.

t. Chocolate elezen woodlander

I mean sometimes, and I haven't even looked who the leader is and don't really care what they do with their youtube.

I'm not sure yet. Tanking as a whole is pretty intimidating to me because I've never done it before. Even if Paladin is supposedly the easiest job in the game, there's the whole meta to it that makes me a little nervous. Am I pulling fast enough, do I know all the mechanics so I don't get people killed, etc

Already one.
Leaning toward highlander, they just have nicer body hm.

It's one of the guys from two best friends and before I quit they constantly tried to start shit with the other big FCs for perceived slights.

>That feeling when you realize you only have about 7 more months of Idleshire
>Soon the bagpipes will fade from memory forever.

Didn't you play XI? The bagpipes never leave. They'll always be in the back of your mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=FaGaGqejQqI

God fucking damn it I hate you

Well, I only have an alt I made a few weeks ago to judge by, and I haven't seen any of that shit. So maybe it used to happen, maybe it'll happen again, but thus far I've been seein pretty okay things. People talk actively, folks seem willing to group up and do stuff, a few statics exist and seem to progress, people say 'bae' too fucking much.

I still remember the Revenant's Toll music. It'll never leave you.

Basically, all you really need to do for dungeons is just take whatever is already in a group and maybe whatever roaming mobs are nearby, face them against a wall or away from the group, and use defensive cooldowns near the beginning of a fight if you get a whole bunch of enemies or have some that hit hard. Also, since Gladiator doesn't get its tanking stance until level 40, you need to monitor each individual enemy's hate meter and smack them all enough throughout the fight so that they don't aggro the healer or the black mage spamming fire 2.Also, if you're worried about how to start a fight, just throw your shield at one and flash 2 or 3 times when they get in range.

Ultros was fine, it's just STORM who were the intolerable shitbags. I used to be part of TERRA.

>3 big servers
Balmug, Gilgamesh and...?

mateus

Ultros

>4500 blue scrips per book
>there's 9 books
>one perch gives 50 scrips on a good day
JUST

Ultros has one of the lowest pop in terms of active players. Leviathan, Hyperion and Excalibur are the next step bellow Gilgamesh and Balmung.

Yeah, but it's a crafter's hell. Unless you're a crafter who's into making shit tons of money, then by all means go for it. They've got multiple ppl who are maxed out on gil.