When someone you know can't choose whether to pursue a career in game development or filmmaking

>when someone you know can't choose whether to pursue a career in game development or filmmaking

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medal_of_Honor_(1999_video_game)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"The Gang Picks the Wrong Major"

Tell them to go with filmmaking so we have one less faggot in the industry.

Great blog post. I don't know how you mistook this website for Reddit, but whatever.

Who is this cutey.

Is she latina, why is it so easy to spot them despite being white.

>when you know someone who is amazing at taking everything you're good at and making it seem literally worthless in context to her opinion about what you're good at

What's worse, a movie-like game or a game-like movie?

Filmmaking is fine so long as your in a actual industry city and your only goal is work for others.

I make 27.50 an hour and I'm mostly playing my 3DS for 12 hours.

When in doubt, take the middle road.

In this case, CGI animation.

A movie can't be game-like, because it cannot be interactive in any way.

game-like movie

a movie-like game can at least tell a mentally engaging story, even if the gameplay is weak, but a game-like movie has the worst of both worlds

game-like movies are the dumbest fucking things

>That faggot who thinks he belongs in a highly competitive field such as game development or filmmaking, when he's this indecisive about it.

I'm going to be perfectly honest, there are those who DO things, and those who THINK about doing things. If he/she isn't one of those go-getter kids right out of college, there's a 97% that they will fail. Because the motivation isn't there. Do you know why Japanese people are game designers? Do you know why most Indians/Italians are Doctors? Do you know why most Jews make movies? It's because their family pushed them and motivated them to do shit. Foreign families push their kids to get places. Without that motivation you become a fucking slacker like 83% of the US population.

Tldr: Tell your friend to make a fucking decision, or to flip burgers the rest of his life. Sit down and compare & contrast the benefits of each field. If he/she can't make a decision within 48 hours then they aren't cut out for either cutthroat lifestyle. That's right it just isnt a job or a career. Its a fucking lifestyle. Prepare to sell your soul to satan aswell.

I mean when a movie tries to emulate aspects of games, such as camera movements, game HUDs, etc.

tru

What's a game-like movie?

Is that a game-like movie or something?

Neither of them are worthwhile pursuits, imo.

Why not do both? Steven Spielberg is both a filmmaker and a game designer.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medal_of_Honor_(1999_video_game)

>marxist post
>if you don't agree with me, you're a marxist

Most people join filmmaking and video game development because they want to, not because of market competition. To argue otherwise is like spitting in the face of anyone who ever picked up a video game for fun.

>Who is this cutey.

I want to know this too.

If they want to do interactive movie games I say who gives a shit. They sell well and theres an audience for them.