Gamecube controllers

Anyone know of any good, third-party, Gamecube controllers out there? Any that aren't just broken in box.

Other urls found in this thread:

x360ce.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unless you want a cheapo "person coming over" controller, get an official one from Nintendo.

You can get pic related from aliexpress, people seem to like it. Yes, Ali is a legit place. Yes, it comes from China and it might take a long time to arrive but fuck you its really cheap.

I've been running used game stores for years, and I'll tell you there is no decent replacement for GC controllers. Find a used one in good condition, or you can still order the white Smash Wii U edition ones on ebay from Japan for around 50 bucks. Worth it I'd say if you're looking to replay some gamecube games. It sucks because people always want them I've tried every single 3rd party GC controller I could source and they've all been garbage.

50 bucks? The sm4sh ones are still available everywhere for 20-30 dollars.

Yeah it's not a cheap one in looking for. It's for me. You sure that one's okay? It's $8, and that's pretty sketchy sounding. Quality wise. Also the reason I'm liking for a third party is because it's impossible to get an original that isn't over priced.

I haven't seen them around anywhere near me, probably just Nintendo's famous stock "allocating".

Just bite the bullet on the original, buying anything else is going to be a total waste of money, trust me.

I should've said this earlier. It's not for wiiu its for my pc.

It doesn't matter either way, Reg. A gamecube controller is a gamecube controller.

Im pretty sure the new sm4sh controllers don't work with PC.

Even the ones that are USB out of the box instead of the normal GC connector are garbage. They're made of the same parts as most of the knock off ones. The analog sticks are hypersensitive, and really don't have much range. If you look at the readouts by testing them in the game controller settings in windows they behave more like a spastic d-pad than analog sticks. Seriously, just get a GC-PC/WiiU adapter and an original controller. If you're using it for Dolphin to emulate it detects them automatically these days and works just like they do on original hardware. If you're using them for other games you may have to configure the shoulder buttons manually in whatever .ini file stores the gamepad settings because of the way the shoulder buttons are designed , though. Seriously go first party for GC stuff. Anything else is just throwing your money away.

Amazon has the original Smash controller for $27. Believe me, using a shitty chinese knock off as your main controller is never a good idea because it will have crap quality or it will die after a few months.

Source: I bought chink controllers for my wii, they were trash. As with many chinese products, most of them are made by a few manufacturers so they end up having similar prices or quality.

What makes you so sure of that? I just mapped all my keyboard keys to the buttons on my black sm4sh gamecube controller connected to my pc with the mayflash gamecube controller adapter for pc and wii u in xpadder and typed up this post with no trouble.

sure, Henry.

This is now a general controller thread.

Are Dualshock 2s a good choice for emulation? I have a few of them lying around somewhere and I'd like something I can hook up to an emulation box.

Why would the controller you use matter for emulation? Just use a controller that feels good. There's some way to connect pretty much any kind of controller to a pc.

You can decently map just about anything to them, so I'd say yes. If you configure them for the 360 controller emulator they'll even autodetect and run as 360 controllers in any game that naively supports the 360 controller. They are very versatile.
x360ce.com/

It depends on what you want to emulate. I'd go for a Dualshock 3 if you could. L2/R2 could be useful for Gamecube games.

Well ill be...
Heh i think your right.
Why did you use a gamecube controller to type a post, you madman?

To illicit a funny reply out of someone pretending to be OP as a joke.

The GC controller is special to me. I currently use a 360 pad, but i need more.

Why did Columbus travel to unknown lands?
Why did the man travel to the moon?
Why do we continue to derail the thread?

Nice.
What does the DS3 have on the DS2? I don't really have much experience with it but they look pretty similar

Ill have you realize that i was the sole person that being my person.

>I currently use a 360 pad, but i need more
I bought this, it works

No, thank you. For normal controller use im moving to the ps4 pad. This is for dolphin.

Analog triggers. You know, hold them half way down to go half speed in racing games, things like that. DS2's triggers are just buttons, so for games that expect an analog controller you'll only be able to go 0% or 100%. A lot of first party games on the Game Cube used the analog triggers a lot. for example, in mario sunshine if you hold the triggers half way you can spray water while running, but if you hold it all the way down you lock in place and can aim your sprays precisely With the DS2, you'd never be able to run and spray, thus making that game and a handful of other broken and impossible to play.