What's the best headset for PC that doesn't cost a fortune?

What's the best headset for PC that doesn't cost a fortune?
What are good brands?
How can one tell which is better than the other?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Headphones
amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Multi-Pattern-Microphone-Headphones/dp/B003LRY1UE/ref=sr_1_75?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1480233042&sr=1-75&keywords=blue yeti
amazon.com/gp/product/B00KR6M2GW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>headset
yeah no
shp9500/x2/hd598/etc w/ v moda pic

Just coped these babyyy

the more your pay = the higher quality

sennheiser 363d, good quality and affordable.

Break this down to me. What are the numbers of the thing I use to hear sounds, and what are the numbers of the thing I use to capture sound?

First, you don't get a fucking headset, you get a pair of headphones and a separate mic, second you don't touch anything that has lights or says GAMING on the side, jesus that thing is atrocious...

/thread

By a good headphones
By a cheap microphone

>Literally just letters and numbers thrown together

I hate tech culture.

Ok... Any suggestions? I'm listening.

I find headsets slightly more convenient if you move around at all. That being said, this user gets it. Headset mics and most importantly sound quality is usually horribly overpriced.

If you're dead set on a headset I'm really happy with my turtle beach ones, px22 I think they're called.

Mic: V Moda Boompro (replaces the headphone cable, has microphone attached)
Headphones:
Philips SHP9500
Philips Fidelio X2
Those two are basically plug and play
The HD598/558/518 will need a converter/DIY for it to work. Other headphones would probably work as well, google it.
Or you could get the headphones listed above and get a blue snowball or something.

>combining shitty drivers with a shitty microphone and shitty wiring
>throw in some LEDs
yeah nah

Just move out of home and get some good 2.0 book shelf speakers and a $10 desktop mic

>The HD598/558/518 will need a converter/DIY for it to work.

They all with come with adapters.

Mine

Headphones: JVC HA-RX700
Speakers: Microlab Solo 6C
Microphone: cheapo desktop mic. I have no idea where I got it from or how old it is but everyone I talk to online says the quality is great

Most "gamer" headsets aren't very good. Save up and get some real headphones + an Antlion ModMic.

For ModMics, what's the difference between Uni-Directional and Omni-Directional?

Just got a pair ofHyperX Cloud 2s. They seem pretty good, sound is great and mates say mic is good.

Hyperx cloud revolver. Super comfy

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Headphones

Also, buy a really good set of headphones and a cheap mic, then attach the mic to the headphones. That's a much better deal than a headset.

I just use a zalman zm-1 mic and seperate headphones, it clips onto the cable.

HyperX Cloud, its amazing and very well built

Uni directional captures sound from one direction, Omni Directional captures sound from many directions.

You'll be clearer with less background noise if you use uni directional.

Ah, good to know! Thanks!

amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Multi-Pattern-Microphone-Headphones/dp/B003LRY1UE/ref=sr_1_75?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1480233042&sr=1-75&keywords=blue yeti

>user did you get a new mic? You sound sexy

Just bought these, dunno how fucked I am

amazon.com/gp/product/B00KR6M2GW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

My desk is too small and cluttered to have a desk mic, also on a really tight budget

bruh, you cant spend only 17 dollars, anything decent is over 50. at that price just use the earbuds that come with your phone or some built in speakers

>headSET
>GAMER shit

lol

You sound like you know your stuff, can you recommend a headset without an open back? I don't want my room mates to hear my weeb shit music.

>Fiio E07k
meeeein neger

DT880s are closed i think?

>Jack, Black
Are you a comedian or a house of cards?