Ye olde Star Fox thread

If by some miracle, we do get another Star Fox game. Where can it go from here?
Continue from Command? Assault? Or perhaps Zero, where either can be an all new game or reintroduce Krystal and actually give character instead of being Fox's fucktoy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=79I-fq7yBYU&list=PL6akIKaXBeU2xoIiMoPA2Bixpm7fcRfSu&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=eeXN8CDB24k
youtube.com/watch?v=iQzboSjaxMA
youtube.com/watch?v=OaNvBLIEgrQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A balanced Assault with more content would be a 10/10

I forgot to mention, should Nintendo again outsource it to other third party companies? Or should Namco take the helm once again

They already said that Command is not canon.

Nah let's just rehash 64 again

Honestly I think they should build on Zero. I mean the absolute dumbest thing they could possibly do is reboot the series again. Also they should expand upon the arwing robotech mechanics.

This. Assault was GOAT, short and had awkward ground segments but still thoroughly enjoyable.

Command...it's been 9 years since I played that.

Is it as bad as I remember?

The gameplay isn't really that bad. The Story feels like they took it straight from the depths of Fanfiction.net.

>robotech
Its fucking Macross.

I've played it recently and its not as bad as I remembered it being. The only downside is encounters get repetitive
[spoilers]Kursed[/spoiler]

Zero was honestly not bad at all.

It's Kid Icarus Uprising all over again, except Zero had glaring flaws
I long for the day the announcement of improved port for Switch

Kiddie games suck. I haven't liked Star Fox since I was eight or nine.

Honestly I think constantly farming Star Fox out to third parties is what made the quality decline in the first place.

Maybe I'll try it again sometime then. I remember having some pretty frustrating responsiveness issues with the controls

>People say they want a starfox that's like starfox 64
>People get starfox that's like starfox 64
>People complain new starfox is too similar to starfox 64

Nintendo fans don't deserve anything. All they do is compare new Nintendo games to old Nintendo games. Happens all the time. Why can't the new metroid be like super metroid, why can't thenew Zelda be more like oot Why can't the new Mario be like Mario 64.

>Gameplay is OK. Everything mostly works
>Repetitive and tedious game mechanics
>A total of 9 endings (No last story like Shadow The Hedgehog, thank god)
>Endings don't make sense
except maybe the one where Fox re-encounters Krystal, while leaving Star Fox, which brings me the question: How the fuck did she apologize Fox?!

>constantly farming Star Fox out to third parties with no help from Nintendo is what made the quality decline in the first place

FTFY. Zero proved that a first-party Star Fox is the WORST option they could take, but that's mostly because Miyamoto and his team have been so disconnected with the series for so long. If they had more input and oversaw the 64 sequels (Adventures and Assault) closer, maybe the games wouldn't have felt half-completed in places.

Rare and Namco did the best they could with a limited timeframe, direction, and budget. Platinum did mainly asset support for Zero, so letting them take full reign over a sequel might lead to better results.

Fuck you, Assault was the worst one

Adventures was meh not bad, just meh. It just wasn't a Star Fox game. Dinosaur Planet would have been great if Rare didn't scrap half the content and tie it into the Star Fox franchise thanks to Miyamoto's meddling.
Command wasn't bad. I don't understand why people hate Command. Because of the cringy deviantart story? Motherfucker it's fucking space animals who gives a flying FUCK about the god damned story. The other complaint I here is that the strategy elements are too hard. Git good nigga. The game was literally Star Fox 2 fanservice, with all the ideas you fags thought were "good" being implemented and then complaining because they were implemented. Don't like it don't ask for it. All it does is proved at Star Fox 2 would never have been good, just meh. Not bad, it also gets a meh.

Assault on the fuck otherhand I can see as a frachise killer, fuck that shit. Fuck the horrible, awful, unplayable control scheme. Fuck the linear storyline with no branching options. Only good thing in that game was the Aparoids as an enemy. Not good, not meh, it's absolutely terrible.

Didn't play Zero but from what I heard about the controls fuck that also I didn't throw my money away at a WiiU.

It was never bad you were just a furry and therefore cared about the story you also suck at video games and found it too hard.

Do a fucking barrel roll, you will never run out of fuel.

I thought peoples' main complaints about Zero were the forced gamepad fuckery and dearth of content

None of it's canon they just rebooted the fucking series

It's like Zelda, who cares about canon? There is no story. Just animals in spaceships. Don't overthink it, it's not art or anything. There is no way to take the story seriously without it looking like Command.

>complains about "horrible, awful, unplayable control scheme"
>when before said "git good nigga"

>Only good thing in that game was the Aparoids as an enemy
Nigga...

Fuck off Cody

>Assault's soundtrack

Even the songs that weren't remixes of 64's themes were pretty great.

youtube.com/watch?v=79I-fq7yBYU&list=PL6akIKaXBeU2xoIiMoPA2Bixpm7fcRfSu&index=1

youtube.com/watch?v=eeXN8CDB24k
youtube.com/watch?v=iQzboSjaxMA
youtube.com/watch?v=OaNvBLIEgrQ
Multiplayer-focused games will never have music this engaging ever again

The song from the Great Fox Arwing fight level was phenomenal.

Has there ever been a series as consistently middle-of-the-road as starfox?