Redpill me on this game, Sup Forums. I beat it, but I didn't understand the story

Redpill me on this game, Sup Forums. I beat it, but I didn't understand the story.

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/read/the-ghost-wolf-legacy-hotline-miami-2s-story-explained-251
youtube.com/watch?v=7y3pspnwyoM
youtube.com/watch?v=vlXnAnSkQtI
youtube.com/watch?v=MfbdxS9o4j0
youtube.com/watch?v=qFfybn_W8Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=IaE20aXxCz4
youtube.com/watch?v=-aLOkTo3IpU
youtube.com/watch?v=zIrPudC0pBg
youtube.com/watch?v=9imCm6CrNZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=eUPvp2ZTwFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SNE2oCZH_4k
youtube.com/watch?v=8wXRvvGr8Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=Jx97snsx7-I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

vice.com/read/the-ghost-wolf-legacy-hotline-miami-2s-story-explained-251

This cleared up both games for me.

I actually kinda liked the story, once I actually knew what the hell it meant.

Don't tell me no one likes Hotline Miami

lolnuke was fucking BS

Colelct the hidden collectibles when wearing the owl mask in nearly all levels and recieve the true ending explaining it all.

Hotline Miami II retroactively added a bunch of shit so I'll just tell you what you get from the first Hotline Miami.

Basically, slightly alternate universe where a "Russian-American" coalition exists in the Cold War and America is dominated by the Russians, leading to a flourishing Russian mob in places like Miami. A nationalist group called "50 Blessings" dedicated to REMOVE VODKA and being patriotic starts sending out leaflets and shit to people and starts getting a bit more aggressive with their anti-russian actions. Jacket, the main character, is one such follower of Fifty Blessings (Signed up to their newsletter) and gets phone calls telling him the locations of the Russian mob, where he puts on his masks and fucks shit up. Miami is apparently the first place this is happening in and 50 blessings plans on doing this around the country to free America from Russian influence.

Jacket kills a fuckload of Russians and becomes famous. Eventually, he's shot by another 50 Blessings operative and goes into a coma (As you see in game). The first half of the game is him reliving his memories via coma, which explains all the weird dream sequences with the bearded guy. In his post-coma state, he's still pretty unstable and his conscience mixed with delirum starts getting to him, as he starts dreaming about the people he's killed.

Eventually Jacket reaches the head of the Russian mob, kills him and finishes off the job. Throwing the picture of (assumedly) his girlfriend into Miami below.

Wanting to know every detail of the narrative and not just enjoying the madness is what got us Hotline Miami II

Wasn't it the picture of him and beard that Evan took during hm2

Good summary, although i like to think that Hotline 2 expands on it in a good way (for example the beard guy is Jacket's friend from the war, and the picture he throws off the balcony is a picture of them in hawaii fighting the russians)

You read Vice

You're a hipster faggot

That was a retroactive thing added by HM2

In Hotline Miami I, literally everyone assumed it was a pic of his girlfriend since the second half of the game was a 80's style revenge quest for her instead of being PTSD driven violence.

>HM1
STORY DOESNT MATTER LMAO ITS A GAME
>HM2
STORY MATTERS LMAO GET FUCKED FAGGOT

Thats all you need to know

>although i like to think that Hotline 2 expands on it in a good way

I disagree. I think the expansion and all that shit was totally unnecessary and detracted from the narrative. Hotline Miami worked perfectly as a self-contained piece.

exactly
sometimes less is better

The only thing HM2 failed at was map design. Which is a big deal though

I originally found that article by googling "what the hell did the plot of hotline miami 2 mean"

Yeah, they suck, but their war documentaries were great

>posts picture of short-hair ugly dike

>"they suck"

And yet they've infiltrated your brain

Nah the story and characters in Hotline Miami II were shit.

Hotline Miami was great as "Deathwish and Drive meets David Lynch"

It did not need fucking lore and an overcomplicated and explicit narrative.

I liked the fact that it threw some more variety at you with the different characters.
Plus the whole hallucination/drugs thing at the end was kind of neat

Ain't that short. And ugly? Really?

>6

The whole point of the story in HM1 was that gameplay and having fun is more important than the story. A "subtle" dig at the industry releasing story-focused games everywhere.
Ironically it still manages to have a more interesting story than most games.

Not him but the hair is rather short. She's still 10/10 though.

I'll be honest... for a while I had a short-hair chick fetish.

Ain't nothing wrong with it. There's only a few hair styles that are actually turn-offs for myself but I've grown to appreciate short/pixie styles more.

Yeah... my wife won't cut her hair shorter though... :(

>my wife

Dont you mean "my step-son's mother"?

lol

That HL2 last act tho

How much drugs did they use to make the game?

I finished the game yesterday and I feel the second game has a whole different motive. The first one just focused on the whole vigilante organization an Jacket's revenge.

Then in the second game they expanded the whole thing with the war and the foundation of the organization.

Weren't people disappointed by the game story-wise back in 2015? The second game improved pretty much everything, but the plot strayed a bit too much.

But who is Richard for real?

No Jacket, you are the Richards.

Post best tracks

youtube.com/watch?v=7y3pspnwyoM

All of the dreams with the mask guys made no sense to me. Even after all the ending scenes and everything, it's just a lot of innuendo

youtube.com/watch?v=vlXnAnSkQtI
youtube.com/watch?v=MfbdxS9o4j0
youtube.com/watch?v=qFfybn_W8Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=IaE20aXxCz4
youtube.com/watch?v=-aLOkTo3IpU
youtube.com/watch?v=zIrPudC0pBg
What's the song the plays in Subway? I forgot.

>What's the song the plays in Subway?

youtube.com/watch?v=9imCm6CrNZ8

youtube.com/watch?v=eUPvp2ZTwFQ

Richard, Don Juan, and Rasmus all represent different elements of Jacket's distorted view on life. Rasmus represents the hostility of those who are around him, and how his ferocious killing of hundreds of Russian Mobsters is making him a hated target very quickly. Don Juan comforts him within the dream and suggests that it would be better for him to never wake up and face the reality of his actions. Richard questions if Jacket feels that what he's doing is right, or if Jacket really knows what he's doing at all. Richard is the most important here, considering he's not only wearing Jacket's attire, but he's also the default mask in the game. The nightmare sequences are supposed to bring about a sense of tension and confusion in the player, who now is not longer able to separate what's real in the game and what's not. After chapter 4 in the first game, you realize that it's all been a dream, and that upon waking, Jacket's senseless bloodlust wasn't quenched, and it more or less implies that you as a player are a monster, but only when you know that there's no real harm done for playing into your urges.

DO U LIKE HURT OTHEEER PEOPLE JACKIT XD !?

WERE ALL ANIMALZ !!!

WE WUZ ANIMULZ N SHIET

>The second game improved pretty much everything
no
In terms of the plot, I think people disliked how it made things much more clear than the first game, which had the plot take a backseat and run along in the background. Also the ending.

Literally nothing will ever beat this:

youtube.com/watch?v=SNE2oCZH_4k

>no
Why though? The only thing they fucked up was the level design, making rooms too wide and filling them with windows.
>Also the ending
Eh, I'm 50/50 on it. I'd be angry if everyone wasn't pretty much dead or hopeless at that point.

I kept expecting Jacket to make a return in Hotline Miami 2 and you'd hear this track.

Disappointed it never happened.

Only this:
youtube.com/watch?v=8wXRvvGr8Ug

>Jacket gets a "birthday cake" or hidden package in prison
>prison riot/break starts
>Opens the package
>Richard mask
>Music begins

FUCK that would have been hype.

I would flip out. Richter's escape was already the hypest level in the game.

The masketta man

Like honestly I'm fine with the ending too, I was moreso just saying that a lot of other people weren't fine with it.
Mechanically the second game is a bit of a mess, it cures some of the problems the first game had but introduces a number of its own.

Hotline miami 2 ending is perfect in every single way.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jx97snsx7-I

Watching it gave me an incredible sense of closure.

>In terms of the plot, I think people disliked how it made things much more clear than the first game, which had the plot take a backseat and run along in the background. Also the ending.

I'm 50/50 with the game's story in the 2nd game. On the one hand i like how it added a bit of depth to characters like Richter and Beard, i also like what happens to everything after Jacket's adventures

What i didn't like is playing as characters whose story are a bit irrelevant to what is going on like Manny Pardo (Which i'm still confused about, i don't think his levels are actually happening, i think he is dreaming of being a badass cop while he mutilates people), Evan, Jake and such

yessss

>Literal perfection
>Ugly

You are 100% gay. Might as well start sucking dick

That's the spirit

I mean, your image sums it up pretty well. It was very simple and effective, but told from a wonderful perspective.

I like this pic

TY brah

The second game goes to lengths to distinguish itself from the first. If all Wrong Number did was continue the plot of the original game without offering anything of its own, it'd only invite more unfair comparison.

Pardo's levels, for the most part, happened. The part with the puppet and the police station assault weren't real though.

I want to impregnate her so bad.

Quick, someone get this faggot a dick

>A+ achievement on hard mode

Git Gud motherfuckers.

Acing Evan's levels is hell.

Richter levels and Dead Ahead were the hardest for me.

I know, right?

She has a manlier jaw than I do, it's not fair

Uuuugh...delicious..

what is her name?

hell if i know

Uh... user?

FUCK OFF WITH THIS BOY

Is this a dude? It looks like a dude.

sex-change tech is not at that level, brah

Are these your pictures m8?

Yeah

The pic says 'beirut' but that was the name of the battle position, not the actual city of beirut

Marines or Army?

Started out in the marines, been in the NG for about 9 years after.

KLK was the dream show for attention whores
>Fairly popular in the west, even got on toonami
>Filled to the brim with good reasons to dress like sluts

If this is a Hotline Miami thread, who's excited for Midnight Animal?

How is being deployed? I want to do ROTC but they require a 4 year commitment after the program and idk if I'm willing to give 4 years of my young prime life up to the government. Will it be generally cushy for me as an officer?

Depends on what job you do. Generally, you should not be an officer if you aren't willing to sacrifice for your troops and the nation.

Deployment is satisfying. I've deployed 4 times and never regretted it.

If you have any love for the USA you should do it in my opinion.

>not S

lmao end uself right now

I just mostly want to do it because I want to work for the CIA as a Clandestine Services operator. I figured being an officer would be a good path to take towards that as a career. I don't think I'd mind taking a bullet for my country/troops but I'm not so sure about losing a limb or getting severe trauma and having to live with that for the rest of my life.

I'm also probably going to go for MI, Engineering, or Aviation.

>normal mode shitter