youtube.com/watch?v=fdRf-IVFeOs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodicy
youtube.com/watch?v=0xUvhUK8Dv8
youtube.com/watch?v=i0UPcC3muvs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw no other intelligent, sentient beings on earth to have sex with
>lawmakers then make it illegal to fuck dolphins
This world is cruel senpai-tachi.

I loved the Ecco games. Even Ecco jr. Which imo had the best music.

Dude Seapunk LMAO

Because horrifying aliens.

It scared me a lot to be honest. Especially the future segments. The present felt empty and melancholic but the vast empty ocean made me feel uneasy too.

It wasn't, nature is just harsh as fuck and he was out there doing shit dolphins don't normally do

The Vortex are the only real shit thing and they aren't from his world.

Now excuse me, I'm going to go attempt the Vortex Queen fight for the ten millionth time.

>why was his world so shit

ayy lmaos

fuckin kronosaurus's and shit fucked up his shit and he had to go back in time to antartica to meet a whale and stuff and oh shit a waterspout shit SHIIITTTT

Only true badasses get to live in the ocean.
We fled the ocean long ago, because we were weak.
These games are here to remind you of your weakness.
I did actually manage to finish the first two, but it took far too long and wasn't what I'd call fun.
They're beautiful games though.

This is one of the most aesthetic games of all time and it's on the goddamn Genesis

remake never

Nature is cruel.

Meanwhile modern games have a trillion more pixels in one frame than these games had in one entire level but they all look like hot shit. Art direction > whatever marketing buzzword is hot right now.

It doesn't need one, that's the thing. It's perfect as it.

Pixel art is a lot like an impressionist painting, and give you a better overall aesthetic for the ocean. Updating it to higher resolution sprites would only make the world look like it's made of paper cutouts and destroy any depth the images have

Yes, I really believe this

Stable time loop.

He let the Vortex go back in time and integrate with Earth's ecosystem.

The crabs and jellyfish trying to kill you? That's all you, Ecco.

>that fucking ending
I really wish they'd give the creator permission to make the conclusion. I hate that some trilogies stop at 2.

Imagine how many poor children thought they were getting a cute game about a dolphin and died in the undercaves

The later levels fucking terrified me as a kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=fdRf-IVFeOs

He keeps trying and they won't let him. It's depressing.

He even tried to make a Bloodstained/Mno9/etc. but the kickstarter failed

Literally hope she gets eaten by an escalator

there wasn't enough rape

>tfw ocean is actually much more like space, a whole fucking lot of nothing

Yeah I know. What sucks most is that he'd probably make a fucking great ending compared to the separate canon crap that the current owners shat out (defender of the future).

things went to shit when they introduced those edgy dolphins that look like fursonas

Feh. They have Ecco Jr for that.

I never beat an eco game as a kid. The only one that I beat was the dreamcast one when I was a teen, but I'm too terrified to replay the older sega ones. I'd rather just believe that I was too young to comprehend them and not that I sucked.

And by that I mean all of this garbage which is forever related to the series

I dunno, I like DoF

You probably sucked, but also those games are harder than diamond-encrusted fuck.

I still haven't beaten the original, I'm trying again right now. I can't tell you how many times I've been through Welcome to the Machine. What was once an impossible-seeming maze of instadeath and aliens is muscle memory at this point. I kill most of the aliens before they show up on screen. I only ever die if I get so complacent that I'm not really paying attention any more.

Then I fall into the Queen's chamber and die almost immediately and have to do this entire fucking six-minute level all over again which is just soul crushing, goddamn.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodicy

>Feh.

It wasn't a bad game per se, but it was nothing like the other installments and can't really compare to them due to being an entirely different style of game.

Also Ecco tToT New Machine was harder. Fucking brutal stuff.

So Sup Forums.
Original Vortex drones (the beetle head ones that looked like the queen) or evolved Vortex drones (the greenish grabby ones that looked like the vortex jellyfish in style)

Imagine what The Tube and The Machine would be like without regenerating health

Ed Annuziata is a sadist

>she

youtube.com/watch?v=0xUvhUK8Dv8

Ecco's disturbing origins. Cool video by Larry Bundy.

Wait he made chakan
I fucking loved chakan

I guess he just makes difficult games in general

>tfw played the GG version after the genesis one

Is it significantly different?

Hideous looking because I played it on a plug and play console and also it's much, much easier, to the point where I could easily do no death runs (excepting convergence and the machine). In addition, many levels are either cut or have skippable points (e.g. skyway, some sections of convergence, etc.) and so are the enemies (no amoebas, no normal vortex drones, etc.). It's just a lower quality game than the genesis one in general.

>has to rely on DNA being for powers
>Asterite is a little bitch that gets its spheres stolen
>will drown Ecco if he can't swim through the future version of it
goddammit

Aesterite's a fucker, no doubt

I played Genesis Ecco 1 and Game Gear Ecco 2 as a kid.

Now I've played them all except Game Gear Ecco 1. How bad does it suck? Because 2 on GG was ok.

youtube.com/watch?v=i0UPcC3muvs

Is Master System Ecco the same as the GG one?

Cd has different music and checkpoints, right?

Same but with a bigger resolution.

Sega CD Ecco has checkpoints, a few more stages and some weird FMV glyphs.

I still can't beat this on easy