>2 hours later he returns
>Rings up a PS4
>Asks why he isn't getting a gift card
>Tell him there is only a gift card deal for Xbox
>Tells me to look at the sign
>Walk over to Ps4 display
>Gift card sign there most likely placed by someone else mistakenly
>"I want my gift card, I wanna speak to your manager"
>Manager comes over, told him he can't get a gift card because it's only for the Xbox
>"Then you shouldn't have put the sign there, I want you to give me the gift card deal the Xbox got"
>AP manager finally comes over, tells him no and to stop harassing our staff and fuck off or get kicked out
>Kid waddles his fat ass out the store and never returned

I swear it was one of you, he was incredibly autistic

Other urls found in this thread:

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:o8xM6bfPoqsJ:www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2016/02/11/the-5-ways-ed-lampert-destroyed-sears/ &cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>work at GameStop for black Friday
>some fat dude comes in for the PS4 Uncharted plus another game deal
>he wants ratchet and clank but we're out of it
>tell him he can get last of us for free instead
>after a conversation on both games he decides to pick it up for free, I promise him to hold a copy of R&C for him and give him a discount
>he leaves
wew

>working retail

It was probably him that put the sign up there and wanted you to honor it by being a faggot.

Not all retail is bad, really depends where and what you do

If you're a cashier tho, I pity you.

>go to Walmart because it's 11 and everything else is closed
>go to pick up pokemon sun because the website says it's in Stock
>Can't find game
>ask dude to look and see if it's in Stock
>"if you didn't see it back there it's we don't have it"
>ask him to check the stock
>these computers can't check stock
>call him out in bullshit
>customer rep comes up and asks what's going on
>tell him the dude is lying about not being able to check
>customer rep looks up stock
>"sorry user it's out of stock the website hasn't updated"
>walk away as employee gets yelled at about lying to customers about not being able to check stock

Some situations its legitable. If its clearly out of place then yah I don't blame the store. I was at home depot buying a light fixture and they had zipped tied a $50 off sign on a $200 fixture and we grabbed the last one. Got up front and said it wasn't $50 off. So we went back and showed them and the bar code didn't add up to what the sign said. But clearly the sign was zipped tied on the fixture. Even if it was an employee mistake, they had to honor it because it wasn't something that someone else had just put there on their own.

This is why I buy from walmart.com and have it to pick up from store so when i get there they cant bullshit me. Did this with BF1 over black friday. Walmart literally had none left when i got there except the one they were holding for me in the back. felt good.

H-HE'S FAST!

Even then it depends on what the store wants to do, they legally DON'Thave to honor the price, but depending on how large the company is and how valuable the product in question is they may or may not honor it, or instead offer a discount.

When a $50 off sign is zipped tied on a light fixture that is 15 ft above anyone that no one can reach and its the only light fixture hanging from the rack, its kind of hard for them to not to honor it because no store would want to waste a customers time like that. Some people spend hours deciding on what they want and they know that so they won't argue. In that case even the manager said well thats a big mistake whoever did that but the customer is right on this one.

>works retail
>got btfo at work
>post made up story on Sup Forums to feel better

Yeah that 27$ bf1 was a killer deal.

Op would it have fucking killed you to go in the back for two minutes, fucking crack jokes with the back workers about that spaz and then come back and tell him there still wasn't any? I do that all the time at work and I have yet to run into any problems with it.

I'm just saying they can just say no if they really wanted to. In most cases though they'd rather just take the hit and remove the sign after to make the customer happy. But say it was some mom and pop store and they'd lose out a few hundred by selling something at a lower mismarked price, they could just say sorry it was marked wrong we can't give you that price. Though I think there might be one or two states where they have to now that I think of it.

>Working black friday
>Smell begins to hit me like a truck
>Honestly smells like someone shit themselves
>Walk around trying to find the source
>See one guy just walking around not really looking at anything but the smell gets stronger when I approach
>Ask him if i can help in anyway just so i can get him out of there since other customers are starting to leave due to the smell
>"Just wasting time till my wife finishes next door."
>Walk away and step outside to get some non-shit air
>Walk in to hear him bust ass loudly followed by watching him wobble out with a brown stain on his jeans
>Thank god my shift was over in only another hour

I work in the Target Deli.
It's shit, but I have the highest starting pay in the store outside of managers. I also get 15% of everything, so that's nice. Wish I had splurged on a ps4 for $189 for BF

This, when I worked at some shitty shoe store I went to the back to fuck around no matter what.

There's no reason not to. The customer feels like you are going out of your way and help them. And you get to sit in the back and take a few minutes break.

But user, the "backroom" is a magical new dimension where you have everything known to man.

>not just taking a pseudobreak by heading to the bathroom while they wait for you in the electronics department

ez pz

>Implying your manager didn't bend backwards for the autist just to get him out and later lectured you to bend backwards next time so his fat managerial ass doesn't have to move through the store so much

>Customer service is the worst hell
>Only jobs will be customer service because robots will take everything else

literally this. i do this 100% of the time a customer asks me for an item i know is out of stock

I doubt we will have robot phleb till I'm dead.

welcome to retail OP

at least you don't work at a dollar store full of white trash that just steals everything

>customer asks me to check the back
>scanner says it's out
>go in back for about 10 minutes doing jack all
>tell them you couldn't find anything
It's like you didnt even try op

>worked in retail office supply store
>we had 2 account reps that did 95% of our store's business over the phone
>got less than 10 customers actually coming into the store a day
>No customers = nobody messing up the store = no need to order new stock = nothing to do
>3 years of playing video games at work
>store's numbers still among the best in the country

That was a long ass time ago when I was in highschool, and the company eventually shut down, but that was the best job for a high school kid ever. Literally everyone else's entry level shit was stressful and degrading, I played vidya on my DS and watched movies with my co-workers.

>worked retail over 13 years at Walmart
>shady ass people working for us all the time
>worked another area of the store that had a register
>people would claim shit left and right trying to get something cheaper than it suppose to be
>one straight up says "My daughter works here and says you guys alter prices all the time!"
>he gets kicked out the store, find out who his daughter is and she's fired that day

>LP comes to talk to me one day about a guy they see often on our side of the store that's shady
>he's peeling $2 labels off mugs, placing them over the packages of $60+ comforter sets, stuffing the packages with expensive items
>he comes to our department that same day
>I can't help but to laugh at him
>he's trying to play it cool when I peel the sticker off the package before I even attempt to ring it up
>scan it
>open it up
>he stutters "Why are you doing that?"
>tell him a story about some kids who like to steal shit by shoving them inside
>"Oh, well you know what, I don't need it."
>walks off
>call LP to let them know he was in the store
>later that day LP tells me he went around and did it again, went up to the front registers, and the cashier didn't even notice the comforter set rang up for $2
>he got caught
>she gets fired later

>Black Friday weekend
>Work for Sears
>Backroom area
>All I do is offload shipping containers, fetch merchandise and put shit in people's cars
>Minimal interaction with retards/autists/shitlords
>Sometimes get tipped just for bringing shit to someone's car
>mfw watching salesfloor people lose their shit dealing with customers all day
Pay sucks ass, though. Fuck this broke-ass company.

>Target online = shit deals
>Walmart online = Out of stock
>Best Buy online = The only respectable seller
Getting really sick of having to argue with Walmart.com customer service over why they are not honoring the online prices they advertised.

>wagecucks

Used to work retail
>can you check the back
>sure one sec
>go to the back, knowing damn well jack shit is back there
>chill out for 5-10 mins, fuck around on my phone
>hey sorry, nothing back there!
You did it wrong

>little kid with a copy of Nomansky jumping up and down smiling

gaming is hell

>salarycucks
>work 80 hour weeks with no overtime

>Best Buy
>Respectable retailer
>literally makes all their money from abusing computer illiterates and marking up electronics 300%
>Also can't keep actual computer component stock in to save their lives
Yeah nah

Work at Target as well, and this time of season indeed brings in the assholes and retards.

They have some good deals sometime. Just bought a 850 bronze evga power supply for 70

Women, not even once.

What department user

Game might suck but I wonder if the new patch added anything fun?

Too be honest as a little kid I would probably have fun with the game, we're grown ups so we see the bullshit

i work in a kroger deli and didn't have to deal with black friday shitters.

>be wagecuck
>have to go to the hospital
>end up losing job and several tens of thousands of dollars in debt because shitty insurance
>never make more than $40k a year
don't act like hourly wage jobs are something to covet after.

How do we make sears great again?

Previous Walmart associate here, they've gone on to sell things through other means, like 2nd hand sellers/outlets, is why. Walmart over the last 2 years have shot themselves in the foot changing a lot of policies, but people are too stupid to shop anywhere else. Why won't honor an online price in/out their stores or online because they've not only done away with that practice, but also because they no longer have control over what prices appear online.

Well most of the time it's a male doing the stealing. I had to go to court over our department manager and 2 other associates for shit they were doing.
>dept manager was changing stock counts and printing duplicate receipts
>him and the 2 associates would go to other stores with stolen items and return them

I'm not going to lie. For every deal they have like the current Cyber Monday one, they have deals like the Buy an incredibly marked up EA game, and get one for 50% off.

This looks like the target I live near.

Titan quest or Grim dawn?

>americucks

I just bought from sears today lol,

>be wagecuck
>work at hospital
>get insurance through said hospital
>everythings already covered

do you fucking nerds actually go in stores and buy video games for 12 year olds? holy shit that is pathetic. if your 21 or older gaming is one of those hobbies you keep to your fucking self. fucking nerds jesus

At least it's not fast food.

god, pity those people

>Can you please go check in the back"

All you had to do was walk fifteen fucking feet, then sit on your ass for five minutes doing nothing and go back out and tell him there was none there. Would have saved you shit tons of aggravation and several fucking hours.

You're going to have to restructure the whole damn company at this point. It's run by a libertarian that fully believes competition between departments for customers is great.

I think you can see how well that went.

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:o8xM6bfPoqsJ:www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2016/02/11/the-5-ways-ed-lampert-destroyed-sears/ &cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Bring back Hechingers

People of Wal-Mart isn't even a meme. It's actually real.

Every single time I go to Wal-Mart it's full of nothing but low IQ white trash and smelly minorities. just blows my mind how many stupid people like them exist and breed.

Target is a little pricier but at least you don't feel like the collective iq of shoppers is below 80

I also get a kick out of people thinking working at Target is fun or fashionable despite being paid minimum wage. They really respect you more than some cart pusher at Cosco making more than you.

Im sorry buy my dad was black according to my mom so the needing for stealing was too strong.

>working in a hospital
or you could just get a salary job where you can tell your boss to fuck off if they start shoving shit on your desk and get proper benefits, a good pay and not have to stress about "oh gosh i sure hope my hours don't get cut!"

you know, like what a not-retarded person does.

>Pay sucks ass, though.
How much?

Grim Dawn much better.

$15/hour

He probably gets 9.00

When I used to work retail and people insisted I check the back I would just walk back and not look and then come back to repeat what I said before

>tfw you work in a store so niche that its Black Friday traffic was barely bigger than its Sunday-after-Church traffic

That's really fucking good for a shit retail job

All retail places are the same type of hell, just some less so because of the balance. Target is just 20% of what Walmart is most of the time when it comes to that shit. I didn't ever personally work for Target, knew 2 who did, and while they didn't have as many stories to share, it was about what you'd expect for the volume of business they do. Though I've heard more horror stories from them about Black Friday than we ever witnessed at Walmart. The select few who think Target is a better place must also have this mindset they're not immune to being retarded.

I fucking wish.

$7.25/hr

I'm jumping ship after the holidays.

Dude I love Target. I never shop there, but the stores are so nice.

That's not bad at all.

That's shit. Seasonal/18 year olds get paid that.

Used to work at Walmart but I was just a cartpusher. Black Friday for me was by far the easiest day I've ever worked. Of course every single available cartpusher was scheduled that day. The thing is, we had absolutely no carts to push because they were all being used by customers. We'd have one or two throughout the night, but that was it.

Not really black Friday but...
>Working at Gamestop as Third key.
>Guy walks in sounding like the sham wow guy
>Holding an unmarked bottle.
>"I see you got a stain on your carpet, let me help you get that out."
>He sprays the spot on the floor and I stand there not giving a fuck.
>"Allright that will be $20 user."
>Stain just got bigger with whatever he sprayed.
>Tell him to get out before I call the cops.
>He just mumbles curses as he walks out.
>I start smelling rank shit.
>Pass off the shift to my Assistant Manager not 30 minutes later.

I don't get paid enough to push sales on a non commission job, or worry about every asshole that comes in here.

Holy shit, that is awful
When I worked at staples I got 10 an hour and that was just regular CS

>$7.25/hr

Well considering I'm medical staff and I work over 40 hours and get paid overtime. I'm not worrying about hours. And I work at a hospital because I want to actually help people.

Subhuman pink collar "worker" spotted

> yfw you've worked both

>Customer asks me to look in the backl
>Walk in the back
>browse my phone for a minute or two
>Come back out

your lack attention

does our board say /mlp/ ?
no? then gtfo

their rewards program is pretty nice. Only store that hands out gift certificates monthly

I haven't actually worked a business oriented job before, is Target decent enough for retail?

I work at a niche grocery store so black friday was nothing, but holy fuck people were about to rip each other apart for thanksgiving
I need to get out of retail though, I'm exhausted after working in it for 6 years

>be OP
>make thread of autistic shame
>i really hate this white autistic person now
>asian race is more superior
>asian culture is the leading world power
>asians invent all modern technology we live in today
>asian has sexy girls who are not a meme
>dont be stupid white autistic boy or asians gonna win

Yeah it is awful.

Then again I live in a debt-riddled shithole working for a company on the verge of bankruptcy. Pay sucks everywhere, but I could probably find something better.

I couldn't work fast food just due to the damage it would cause to my pride. They really are seen as the lowest dregs of working society, even more so than actual poop cleaners.

Yeah it really is. I work in a medium-skill white collar public sectror position after 5 years of promotion, and only make $12.30/hr. I have no education or other useful experience though.

>Work as a night dishwasher at Red Lobster
>MFW ramadan happens and people flood the restaurant an hour before close because they willingly starved themselves
I wish we only served pork.

If it just says 20% off or 5$ off sure 99% of the time it will say what it is off of. I can guarantee it said "with purchase of Xbox"

Best Buy is shit if you are an absolute fucking retard. The Gamers Club Unlocked is pretty fucking good. The membership pays itself after 4 games. They have almost every new release online and you can have it shipped to the store.
Only shop there for games. Everything else either eBay (no tax) or Newegg if they have a good discount. Amazon is too expensive even with prime.

I've never worked in the food industry and don't ever plan to, rather deal with retail.
I work in a warehouse now with overtime that is always available, job is so laid back
lel I did this almost every shift when I worked retail

>american hospitals
>helping people
>not just being money laundering fronts for insurance companies

Looks like we found the guy in OPs story.

I would write such a good worded complaint that i would get all of you 3 fired, already did something like that twice

One of my prof in uni told me that the one whi spends the money always right and dont guve a fuck about some faggot worker in the store, always complain to the higher ups, just do it like an educated person not like a raging fag

Got 2 retards fired because they were being a dick and recieved a big fucking giftcard from tesco becausw customer support was being a dick

Fuck you retail workers, you sre just bitches

lol, in Mexico most warehouse and game shops pay that PER DAY.

>that one untouched shrimp
>eat it

13+ year retail vet here, go for stocking in any retail job. Don't do anything that has you constantly dealing with customers, your fellow employees will often enough be the death of you. Target shouldn't be too bad, but I would never suggest a place like Walmart or Meijer to start out.

I wouldn't mind doing deliveries for Domino's as a side job for some extra cash.

Even little kids can tell when they've been screwed.

>$7.25/hr

>tfw your country's average pay for shitty jobs like that is ~$1.9/hr
>tfw $3.5-$4/hr is considered a good paying job here
>tfw it's eastern europe, not some third world shithole

Fucking hell, I get ~$340 a month and I call myself lucky.

Cashier at our local supermarket and it's chill. Getting paid to sit in a comfy chair and ring up people's purchases.