time-freezing/slowing mechanics
stylistic visuals
multi-million foliage rasterization
evolving nonprocedurally generated vast scale overworld
lighting, sound, weather, temperature, and wind gust dynamics
cooking mechanics
choice-driven adapting nonlinearity

*huff*huff*huff*

You know what? Just leave everything to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EkDXnLxkoy0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thread music: youtube.com/watch?v=EkDXnLxkoy0

Wow, I really BTFO those naysayers for good this time?

I thought at least one drone would jump in to retort.

but gpu based physics are bad

>gpu based pysics
source?
I have read something on that a whiloe ago, but haven't seen it properly implemented in a game yet.
Or are you just uninformed and confusing something?

This game alone will save gaming next year, 95+ metacritic, 10 million + sales,screencap this.

Why show this to me?
This doesn't tell me if actual rigid body physics are computed on gpu.
I don't really think Nintendo are going to be the first in doing that.

ok, you seem to be retarded and have no actual idea of what you are talking about.

Why don't you show me another game with physics that good then? And I mean good physics. Not, THAT GUN BOUNCED OFF A WALL IN THE PLAYER'S HAND BECAUSE THE GAME DISPLAYED SPACIAL INTERACTION physics.

>first
Who fucking cares. It looks great.

You are missing the point.
In your OP you talk about
>GPU-based physics engines
while this probably isn't the case.
Why do you do so? Probably because you don't even understand what that means.
Please refrain from spouting dumb crap.

Why even bother posting if you have nothing to say? lmao

I'm pretty sure it's all been done before.

[Citation needed]

Nothing you said is in the new Zelda game. Top fucking cake you are pathetic.

That's why I'm asking you if you know of any other game like Breath of the Wild on a CPU engine, when it's a known fact that the Wii U has a larger GPU than Xbone/PS4 or consumer PC.

This actually proves that it doesn't have realistic physics calculations at all. A ball wouldn't keep bouncing.
Going up hill like that would force it to start rolling down very quickly.

Oh so you're baiting. Carry on.

It's doing the same arc after every bounce.

Oh so you've handled magic fire balls before? Good to know.

Uh...

You think that might be because the player clearly swung it into a curving hill..?

Can't wait for the downgrade.

>yfw your only interested in the game because of the increase in link 34

Nintendo have never downgraded a Zelda or any other game's physics are showing them off. They only delayed the game because they want a Summer blockbuster and they have no other game to release then next year.

EVEN IF on the slim chance that Nintendo is also cursed like every dev these days, even a fraction of this game's physics will be better than the next best game.

MARK MY WORDS.

>game actually looks good
>blatant false flag thread spouting idiot shit

stop this sonybronies
you lost

>Claims to have physics calculation in game
>Tries to prove it by showing things that don't obey laws of physics
>"THEY ARE MAGIC"
Can't make this shit up top kek.

>posts image confirmed to be fake

Oh wow you sure told them huh?

>yellow jelly PC bot falseflagging as a Nintendo fan claiming MUH FALSEFLAG against his other enemy, Sony.

Holy shit you are sad.

Literally only pieces of shits that hate video games could hate on this game.

It just looks like pure fun. Why would you even hate this? It makes no sense.

>dense level design in dungeon with platforming and puzzles
>moderate difficulty
>exploration
>vertical as fuck world
>most interactive open world ever
>amazing weather effects (dat lightning strike) which actually affects gameplay
>fun combat with parrying and iframes
>crazy love for detail

Honestly. hating this game is the proof you are a shitposter.

>a magical fiery bouncing sphere

>Let me tell you how it doesn't behave like you'd expect a magical fiery bouncing sphere to behave

Duuuuuude

The ball isn't supposed to be physically correct.

I'll also leave 720p, horrible pop in, flat ugly textures, and 30fps with drops to you.

And it will look incredible on Switch.

>logical real world physics assessing is now "magic" according to BotW haters.

Haha, oh wow. You can't make this stuff up. You guys are beyond the point of delusional now. Did Nintendo put you in a coma when they won E3 and you just woke up and left your common sense behind?

Eh, none of those hinder the enjoyment.

Wow nice slowmotion animation that enemy. Also nice normal motion ragdoll physics that holds onto gear.
Also nice to see that the sword just clips right through the mountainside.

Why has no-one mentioned that the ball is gaining inertia because of the windyness the hot air draft is creating? They've shown in the game fire and projectiles react to air.

I'm actually quite sad to see ragdolling in a Zelda game.

I expected better of the director and art team.

>this entire thread
jesus christ stop
real shills aren't this blatant
stop making me not want the game with your shitposting

You seem to have trouble with answering his simple question, are you old enough to be in this board user?

>Also nice to see that the sword just clips right through the mountainside.

Like every game ever made where a weapon is a temporary or optional extension of the player's avatar.

Like anyone gives AF. In fact, do us all a favor and don't buy the game. Save us the expense of knowing you're enjoying it with us.

Nope just about any action game from this century lands on the environment in a believable fashion. Even in the souls game you see it.

Yes but the majority of the OPs list doesn't ADD enjoyment either. You can't have it both ways.

This is actually a think that the Zelda team used to be keen on trying to avoid though.

Particularly in Wind Waker, Miyamoto was adamant about things behaving believably, more so than looking realistic.

>just about any action game from this century

That's a bit of a stretch, man.

That would include a LOT of janky looking 6th gen games.

Wow, you're a pitiful autist.

Yeah, fuck fun.

FEAR
Half Life 2
GTA IV

That is very true.

Truly I'm concerned about this game's general capabilities in enjoyment.

I'm still only halfway in Skywayd Sword. I got it on launch. It actively angers me in several ways, and bores me in so many others. They better know what they're doing with this.

Why are Zelda threads so shit? You're a faggot OP.

Applying real physics to a game doesn't automatically make a game good. It was more likely a design choice to achieve fun over realism which realism is not what the zelda universe is known for.

Someone post those wii u success screencaps

god this thread is shit

game looks kinda fun. there you go.

Having seen Souls/Bloodborne I know you're lying. So tell me another or I'll assume you're full of it.

They only say that to the end that it affects the gameplay or immersion in the game. If a clipping sword is immersion breaking for you, you're beyond help.

Miyamoto cares about resonant gameplay.

It's funny because Zelda doesn't need any physics, never needed shit like this. Yet it just has it now on top of everything else.

HOLY SHIT IT WORKS

PC and console games post HL2

He almost made it over too. If only he had just started walking to get Link's feet into proper vaulting position. :_;

>Yeah, fuck fun.

How is ragdolling fun when it happens to you when you're DEAD?!

If you kill an enemy in Bloodborne their weapon either drops or can get caught in the environment which makes the rest of the body spass out.
This isn't really a new thing.

>If a clipping sword is immersion breaking for you, you're beyond help.

Yeah well this is not what I was talking about.

CODE RED.

PC BOTS HAVE INFILTRATED THE THREAD AND TROLLING WITH THEIR OUTDATED LINEAR SHOOTAN THAT NEVER EVEN LOOKED AS GOOD OR RAN GOOD AS RESIDENT EVIL 4 UNTIL IT WAS PATCHED.

Except there is none of that in botw,
Uncharted 4 is the pinnacle of console game physics and graphics , don't care about your pathetic labeling of fanbases but that's a fact

Nintendo has a lot of catching up to do with Sony and MS in the technical department

1) That's wrong. 2) Furthermore, Souls games are unpolished as fuck, their worlds are 100% static, you can't interact with anything and there is just no point in bringing them up in such a thread.

>Please answer this idiotic loaded question

pls user

>only happens when you're dead

You were saying?

Those aren't ragdolls you fucking retard.

T. People playing who didn't spend most of their time in tomb raider diving from tall buildings because of it was long enough she yelled twice and it paused on the broken neck snap

I love posts like this.

Literally every clause in this post is a lie. Including
>don't care about your pathetic labeling of fanbases
and
>but that's a fact

>when it's a known fact that the Wii U has a larger GPU than Xbone/PS4 or consumer PC
>larger GPU

Kek.

Man getting tossed in the air by a giant in skyrim has better ragdoll than this

Because you can still look at it?

Not to mention a fix dying animation can often be actually be awkward and annoying as fuck.

>Monster Hunter
>get hit with 500 tons by a charging bull dragon bigger than a house
>just slowly go down on your knees

No idea how you can hate ragdoll. Sounds like autism.

Sure man,
Stay delusional all you like.

You mean >Skyrim has more unrealistic ragdoll than this.

No shit. This game is going for realism in a cartooney setting. Not cartooney in a realistic setting.

Thought we're talking about weapons clipping through environments?

Wait, you're literally moaning about the sword on Link's dead body clipping through environments for the three seconds you see the corpse? Meanwhile other games (see Souls) have enemies happily hitting you through 50 feet thick walls while you bounce off of them which actually hurts gameplay and fucking matters.

Autism.

Did you see a fucking "only" in my post?

I was talking about how it looks like crap for when you die.

Besides, there's barely any vidible ragdolling in what you just posted, those are hand-animated poses for flying through the air and balling up, or
limbs would be flailing all over.

The body as a whole unit reacting to physics is not the same as ragdoll physics.

Yeah on the ragdolls for fuck sakes.
The reason why models clip through the environment in other games is to allow better control of the characters, without having to sacrifice too much shit for it to look properly.

Holy fucking autism batman.

Can somebody explain the difference between having the GPU handle physics as opposed to the CPU?

Stupid shit like this is forcing me to buy the Wii U version instead of pirating on loaadiine. Cant wait for this fucker to release.

>Bethesda games
>better ragdoll than this
Kek.

The amazing thing is it's not just ragdoll, it's actually a mix of fix cramping (because pain) animations and ragdoll.

In other games you immediately turn into a wooden doll the moment you die.

Now stop shitposting in Zelda threads, children.

It's just for offloading heavy processing to a unit that isn't being fully utilized otherwise.

It's sometimes done with what's call "compute shaders" which tricks the GPU into handling physics processes per-frame as part of the pixel shader process. It's also neat for collision detection.

There is absolutely no reason to assume Breath of the Wild does this.

The GPU has more than enough to do in that game, and none of the physics on display are any more complex than what we've seen a thousand times over in the past decade. They just might appear more fine-tuned considering their application.

OP and others argueing otherwise don't seem to know what they're talking about.

My understanding

CPU is precalculated algorithms.and is cheap, easy, Read-Access Memory. Everything uses this. PS4, Xbone, PC, your smartphone.

GPU is more expensive but is faster and isn't precalculated, but processed in real-time. This allows it to function as a CPU if need be, but a CPU cannot serve as a GPU.

Wii U was/still is an outlier in electronics because it has a minor CPU, and a large GPU core. Which is I think 10 times the Xbone/PS4 who rely heavily on CPU and have only a 2GB GPU or something like that.

I dislike it because it's mostly awkward janky simulation instead of deliberate artistic choices as you see in proper animation.

You could easily have multiple death animation and a system that would adapt them to the situation.

Lots of games do.

Breath of the Wild also seems to impose certain restrictions on the ragdolling, to keep it from looking too stupid. But it still looks bad.

>and a large GPU core. Which is I think 10 times the Xbone/PS4

Dude, what. No.

It's a very well conceived chip architecture, but it's not ten times Xbone or PS4.

I don't think it'll be any better or worse than other open world rpgs. If you like the genre in general, you'll probably enjoy the new zelda. I still like the genre so I think botw will be enjoyable.

Maybe I'm full of it but that's how I remember someone on Sup Forums explaining the difference between them and why Wii U is so weird.

I don't really consider open world rpg a genre.

So I'm worried for a variety of reasons mostly Zelda related.

>But it still looks bad.
Looks better than the example I gave with Monster Hunter or older Zeldas with deaths that look so bad they actually annoy you.

You may be thinking of this, where it's revealed that the GPU and CPU are on the same die, and the GPU indeed is a lot larger.

It's truly a strange beast in that regard, but some graphics engineers have really enjoyed the speed and flexibility this provides.

But even the most optimistic estimates put the Wii U fully realized at about 40~50% graphics capabilities compared to the Xbone/PS4.

Which would of course still considerably better than just being level with a 360, which is what many assumed.

I disagree.

I'd rather have a designed indication of death than some code doing its own thing entirely.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Sorry, entirely forgot picture.

I don't get it. Why is this supposed to be impressive?

Its literally bouncing based on the speed and angle to the ground