No one cares about Darkstalkers because no one bought Resurrection

>no one cares about Darkstalkers because no one bought Resurrection
When will this fucking meme end

Let's set something straight here once and for all; Darkstalkers Resurrection came out after a bunch of other ports and remasters that Capcom was releasing at the time. It had to compete with JoJo's, Third Strike, and Marvel vs Capcom 1. Capcom also released the PS1 versions of Darkstalkers 1 and 3 on PSN beforehand as well.

Resurrection was never going to pull the numbers Capcom expected because of general fighting game fatigue people were already feeling after SFxT bombed, and DS:R actually performed well enough to make it into the top 10 downloads on PSN that month, and it had to compete with DLC for other AAA games at the time.

I don't know what kind of numbers Capcom was expecting but gauging the vitality of a franchise on a port of a game that's over a decade old, that has also been ported several times across many different platforms, and hasn't had a real sequel since 1997, is fucking retarded and makes absolutely no sense.

Fans didn't kill Darkstalkers, Capcom did.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oZfy2Qxz6Hs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off no one cares about Darkstalkers.

News Flash: Capcom routinely causes its strongest IPs to crash and burn

Film at 11

Fuck you I care

Darkstalkers doesn't matter it's been replaced by Under Night In-birth

Not like they had anything else to go on. The last sales data they had was well over a decade old and was from a completely different era. This was the only way for them to gauge interest

No you don't fuck off.

Yes I do you fuck off

It doesn't matter anymore Darkstalkers is crossover fodder forever now.

Actually no one really gives a shit about darkstalkers

They just want more morrigan and midnight bliss

The real reason we didn't get Darkstalkers 4 is because SFxT DLC bombed, and Capcom wasn't willing to take any more risks in the Fighting Game division.

You mean all the shit they left on the disc?

>Fans didn't kill Darkstalkers, Capcom did.
You finally figured it out. They wanted it dead ever since they did Vampire Savior 2 and Vampire Hunter 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=oZfy2Qxz6Hs
I wish Ono never showed this, he probably wasn't even allowed to so Capcom not releasing it properly online makes sense.

lul wut?

Under night replaces melty blood

Resident Evil: dead and now ripping off silent hill in a desperate attempt at revivification

Megaman: dead

Devil May Cry: dead

Onimusha: dead

Dead Rising: dying

Street Fighter: dying

VS fighters: ?????

Franchises that are ok: Monhun

In their ability to ruin amazing IP's Capcom is dwarfed only by EA.

Didn't they do that so they didn't have to pay/make up for unused CPSII boards?

Sega is still king of fuckin' up franchises, and Konami is the elder god of this

anyone want to play on fightcade

I bought Resurrection...

I would play you user but I'm feeling tired and groggy as shit, maybe another time

Normally I play BB Hood and Demitri