Why is this game so much fun Sup Forums?

Why is this game so much fun Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HJ0emX5RgZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8p_SABG3SPk
youtube.com/watch?v=Jc7-UKuBdA0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's not a generic run and gun call of duty battle field shooter

>playing RS/RO
>you can blindfire over cover without exposing yourself
>you can lean around corners like you could in the old school Medal of Honor
>none of that shit is present in any other modern shooter

the modern shooters now are dumbed down kiddie shit so noobs can "compete" with each other, so small teams of 5 can pretend they are skilled at something.

Because hitting someone across the map with iron sights is satisfying every single time

>think you see someone across the map in a window
>line your shot up perfectly to account for the distance
>head shotting the Bolshevik
feels too good

The blindfire & cover mechanic is good in theory but the amount of times I've killed people by blowing off the top 3 pixels on their helmet is ridiculous. Going prone or crouching behind cover is 100x more effective than using the cover system itself

Because knee mortars.
More games need knee mortars.

I have almost a thousand on it. fucking pissed I didn't get a key even though I signed up the first day they announced it.

You can lean in BF4.

BAAANZAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIII!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Good gunplay

Rising Storm is shit though

RO2 is better

>good non-cancerous community unlike most FPS
>solid physics
>Immersive and the stress system is a good representation of battlefield situation

Pity it's not more popular.

Because it's a PTSD simulator.

>tfw shooting hanz from 150m away with an anti-tank rifle

>join server
>4 players
>60 bots

I like the game, but I have such a hard fucking time just finding people to shoot at. I just can't find the middle ground between way too far away and the get-your-dick-blown-off-if-you-peek zone.

pretty much this

>tfw when you hear a Soviet soldier begging for his mother

anyone wanna buy me red orchestra

Maybe your mom

>Don't wanna play TL/SL without experience
>Can't get experience without playing SL/TL

Toss smoke, set marks & avoid dying as best you can.
It isn't as difficult as people make it out to be

>Go into settings
>Turn off music for maximum atmosphere
>Nothing but the sounds of war to fill your ears
>The cries of fallen soldiers around you seem all the more amplified
>tfw
Can't wait for Vietnam desu.

>hitscan

Just like CoD

Don't play TL though. Shitjob.

>Usually play TL a lot whenever I get the chance since it's super easy to play in my opinion
>The easiest role to play to horde a shit load of points and be #1 score in the game for the entire game essentially
Being Team Leader is so easy.
All you do is deploy recon, set a mark for artillery based on where the enemies are most bunched up together on the map, and enjoy the 20+ kills you'll be getting.

The only issue with playing Team Leader in my experience is, getting fucking kicked from the game for team killing because retards on your team walk into your artillery despite you telling everybody
>DON'T GO INTO ARTY CHECK YOUR MAP
and they do it anyway and you end up getting automatically kicked for teamkilling.

It's happened to me so many times when I've had 500+ points. It's such a kick in the ass when it happens and kills my mood to keep playing tb h.

>japanese running around with thompsons and other american weapons because of the "honour" system (funny, because their sense of honour is the one thing that actually kept them from using enemy weapons irl)
>chicken out by giving all jap riflemen pistols and handing out too many SMGs
>campaign mode further helped ruin any sense of asymmetry
>attracts even more subhuman meme roleplayers

It pales even in comparison to HoS, which has a lot of issues itself.

It's not hitscan.

Just go prone and do nothing. Learn about smoke and arty marks later. You will already be better than 95% of squad leaders who try fighting and get killed.

Don't drop arty too close.

I've never been kicked, so I don't know if there's some sort of cooldown, but if you rejoin while its still on the same map, you keep all your points.

I try not to, user.
But from experience you either drop arty too far back and get jackshit for kills, or you drop the arty just right on-top of the enemy and bomb half their team off the map in 1 swoop - killing 1 or 2 of your own dudes in the process.

It's difficult to coordinate with your team to play around your arty.

youtube.com/watch?v=HJ0emX5RgZQ
COME ON OUT TOJO
IT'S TIME TO ANSWER FOR PEARL HARBOR
I hope they do this in rising storm 2

If you been kicked due to teamkilling, you banned for round.
Kills doesn't matter much I once have like 90+ on commisars, and we even don't take A. You must have good timing, so your arty really help in offense/defense.

Try it out in an empty server.

Basically this. It's one of the only games that gets the balance of gun types right, large caliber rifles hit hard, accurate, and bullets are fast, SMG's in auto have great visual recoil and destroy at close range, pistols are shit because in real life pistols are shit.

Anybody got a RS2 key? How is it?

youtube.com/watch?v=8p_SABG3SPk

Hasn't the game been cheap as fuck on key sites for forever now?

Nobody uses that shit though because it exposes your character model and it's glitchy and awkward as fuck. Pretty much everyone just uses crouch and prone.

>pistols are shit because in real life pistols are shit
TT is fine.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jc7-UKuBdA0

So hows that "it ain't me" going for you anons in the beta?

>plenty of bugs still present
>tanks easily get stuck on random terrain
>p4 is extremely easy to one shot, making a lot of maps really imbalanced
>maps like Fallen Fighters still prevalent on best servers
>RS has a very shit map list

It's a shame at what it could have been, and TWI really fucked over the dev team that made both games. I don't see myself giving them my money anymore

It's fun, if you like braindead actiony shooters.

RO:O was the last good game TWI has put out, sadly.