Is this game really worth 60 bucks on the eShop? Or I could order it physical for about $40 but I hate the wait...

Is this game really worth 60 bucks on the eShop? Or I could order it physical for about $40 but I hate the wait. No meme answers please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qaYfIdZ-_a0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's worth every fucking cent, one of the best RPGs ever made

you want that box art, dude. buy physical. it's also cheaper

Lots of people love the game. There is plenty of exploration and sidequesting. Story is very minimal.
I literally bought a Wii U for that game only, so it's worth $60 in my opinion.

It's great but very flawed.
If you only care about the gameplay, then go ahead, it will be a great experience

I can't justify paying $20 more for no wait and no physical copy for any game but I loved that game a lot.

I would go digital since you basically need to download a number of packs to reduce pop-in and loading anyway.

don't buy this game is fucking shit
better use that money to buy ffxv or other good games on non-dead consoles kid

>paying 20 bucks just not to wait 2-3 days at most
seriously

I mean there are people who paid a grand to play NMS earlier but still

Haven't played it, but wouldn't pay more for digital copy than physical.

digital xeno wont even fit on your wiiu
hope you have an external

It's worth buying, but go physical. Digital Xenoblade X is inferior to physical.

My favorite JRPG of the gen so far.

I'd get it physical, though.

Yes. Just don't get it digital if you can.

Also a fair point.

Get a 250gb external and it runs fine

If you like this kind of games it's wroth $60 and more, you will easily get more than 100 hours from this game, it's my personal favorite RPG of this generation.

>It's worth buying, but go physical. Digital Xenoblade X is inferior to physical.
For the digital version you don't need to download the DLCs to make the loading faster.

Yeah but the performance is slightly worse when running from the WiiUs piss poor flash drive

yes, it's worth $90, imo.

Mario Tennis is $60, let that sink in

sell your shitty wii u and wait for the switch version

Why would the flash memory be slower than reading from a disk? That doesn't make much sense. I also don't know if you can even fit this game in the free space of the 32GB version, I installed it in a external HD.

>Yeah but the performance is slightly worse when running from the WiiUs piss poor flash drive

Wut, that is false. Interms of load-time and pop-in speed from fastest to slowest.

Digital on Wii U internal memory > Digital on HDD > Physical with Data Packs > Physical without data packs.

Most varied and vertical overworld ever with no loading times. This alone makes it a literal must have.

But wait for the Switch version. This game at 720p is just an insult.

Also increase colors and contrast of your TV. Monolith kinda fucked up.

Just quoting from the DF expose my dudes, they found Digital with WiiU internal memory to be the poorest performing after Physical without the data packs

Physical w/ data packs on hard drive > physical w/ data packs on internal memory > Digital on harddrive > Digital on memory > physical without data packs

>But wait for the Switch version. This game at 720p is just an insult.

What make you think the Switch version will be better? The jump in hardware is pretty small this time.

Also a fair point. If XBC3D is anything to go by, they know the game was somewhat popular and will port it at some point as a filler release

>Also increase colors and contrast of your TV. Monolith kinda fucked up.

Nah, the WiiU literally can't display full color range. It's one of many shitty flaws in the system.

Those developer screenshots look surreal, with anti-aliasing. If it looks like that and if Switch is region-free, I would rebuy this.

We don't know, honestly, but if a game is releasing on a newer console and the newer console is a fully realised version of the last console...surely the game will be better?

I will need source for that, because it doesn't make much sense.

Wait for the Switch version or emulate it.

No reason to buy a Wii U now. Just about every game worth playing will be ported to Switch.

i'm gonna need a sauce on this shit, because I have been playing in internal memory all this time, just because I thought the hdd was slower.

>XBC3D

Has anyone played this? I'm about to upgrade to a N3DS and I was wondering how it runs. I can emulate the Wii version or buy it on the Wii U, but playing it on a handheld is kind of appealing.

It can be better, but i doubt the Switch can ouput something like Xenoblade X at 1080p. The console clearly isn't going for graphical fidelity. But if it means more people can play X, a Switch port would be a good idea, even if it doesn't deliver a superior experience.

youtube.com/watch?v=qaYfIdZ-_a0

Near the end I think? Or on the write up on their site, in the link.

Interesting video, 2bh. It really gives you insight in to how they pulled it off on a console literally not designed for any aspect of open world gaming.

would a XBCX with 3-4 more story missions to round shit out, full online mechanics similar to an MMO and on top-end hardware be GOTYAY?

Maybe not 1080p, but we'll not find out until a port happens. We don't know what the Switch is packing.

It's my favorite version of the game because I'm a handheld fag. If you like handheld games, it's your guy.

It's more than powerful enough to output it at 1080p all it needs is more VRAM which it has and HBM at that.

raw specs can't be comparable this time. Nvidya is the only reason I have hope. They make beastly GPUs and point for point Nvidia GPUs are 30%+ stronger than AMD on Xbone and PS4.

It's also a custom APU on the last Tegra X2, so I don't think it's as weak as you think.

Of course we have to wait, but it will be way more powerful than Wii U without a doubt.

>buying digital
>ever
No. You'll need a million GBs free just for the extra install DLC, so don't be retarded and got it physical.

just throwing this out there, but would it be possible to replace some music in the game?
i know smash 4 has modding without hacking.

i really hate it when the rap music kicks in during normal battles.

It's divisive.

>Story
On the one hand, it is very much a "literary" game. And by that, I mean it goes through the steps to have a moral message, posing a philosophical question, and making you consider new aspects of life you'd never thought about.

On the other hand, the actual plot is really lacking. The pacing is non-existent due to the open-ended nature of the game, the story can be summed up in under 3 minutes, and there aren't that many plot twists or emotional moments. Save for like 2 - 3 instances, the game won't make you feel anything but awe or boredom in the story missions.

>Gameplay
Huge improvement on Xenoblade Chronicles, but some people don't really like the """MMO""" combat. If you don't mind mana costs being switched for cooldowns, then you should enjoy it.

>Soundtrack
Somehow even more divisive than the story. It's a mix between energetic and upbeat hip-hop/metal hybrid songs with weird English/German vocals, while also having orchestral themes for all of the continents, the ocean, the enemy bases, dangerous areas, and caves.

Almost nobody will deny how great the continent themes are, but people take issue with the lyrics being so shitty in the vocal music. Particularly, the one song that pisses everyone off is the NLA night theme, and, to a lesser extent, NLA day theme.

>Graphics
Downright gorgeous. Some shoddy textures here and there, and pop-in is ludicrous, but the game is absolutely stunning with several scenic vista that will give you wanderlust.

Monolithsoft are masters of optimization. Look at the original Xenoblade.

This is why I'm excited for their Switch game. They can finally work with some modern technology.

The game plays well, and is definitely immersive. Learn the camera controls though, the game can look very grainy when at the default zoom level.

I definitely loved this game on N3DS, and it's well worth the purchase.

Flaws? Not much besides mild visual problems. Controls are tight, plays at consistent fps, sound and cutscenes are exciting.

Do you have the patience to play XBC on PC, go for it, just know that the high res texture packs fizzle out 3/4 in to the game.

If you want a strong handheld game, go for it on 3DS. It holds up stupidly well on 3DS as a handheld game, and the compromises made for it to fit on the Wii mean it looks like a really good 3DS game rather than a shitty 2011 game, if that makes sense.

Maybe docked, but energy consumption will be a problem, and every game will have to consider the portable mode. I hope they deliver this time, but i'm not hyped at all. Portable games will be more expensive, and console games will be gimped.

24 GB total. Not much if you have an external hard drive

But a fuckton if you don't.

It's a strange game.

There's not much execution required for combat but there's tons of stat min-maxing.

If you're a completionist then there's a fucking ton of "content"

Story and characters are garbage. The system for recruiting and swapping out other party members is also garbage as you'll need to go back to the main city and find them in whatever location they've randomly decided to appear in.

It's genuinely the first open world game I've ever played that actually feels HUGE but eventually you'll get in a mech and be able to just fly over everything.

Soundtrack is amazing one second and then garbage the next.

It's alright.

As far as I can tell, the cutscene audio is rendered as a single audio track.

You replace the audio? No voices. The music in the game world? Go for it.

Their locations are entirely static. The only time they move is for their heart-to-heart locations.

Yes, it's definitely worth it. I haven't had this much fun in an open-world game in a long time.

Personally I hope it's as simple as 720p output in normal mode and 1080p while docked with active cooling. You know, create parity gameplay wise.

I own the game. Buy it used. I'm sure you can get it for under 60.

>Story and characters are garbage
They're serviceable, honestly.

The story gets better with the world building and side quests taken in to account.

Don't they move from night/day and also depending on where you are in the main story?

>tfw 98 - 99% completion rate for every continent except for Noctilum

FUCKING REEEEEEEEE

FUCK TELETHIA
FUCK BUCHWALD
FUCK THOSE WRECKAGES THAT TAKE 10 MINUTES TO FIND

Summed up well, but I did enjoy the story very much. You can play additional content with affinity missions to get character background plus more story. Getting affinity seems quite a chore though.

The story often leaves you with more questions for each reveal, and the climax seems a bit rushed but overall pretty good.

Just take the hard drive out of an old computer and use it. Costs nothing.

No. It depends on affinity and what heart-to-heart is next in line. Some will disappear forever until you find out where they are, but they stay in the same spot, and NPCs will tell you where they are.

The only characters that change locations are Mia (due to her moving to the Ma-non ship) and Hope (switching to Deliverance Park after Ornella's bullshit).

>tfw Telethia one shots your brand new Ares 90

>There's not much execution required for combat
Not during most of the game, but once you reach the endgame, and especially once you're forced to fight on foot again after hours of crushing foes with your skells, it does require some proper timing and spacing of your abilities, and some juggling with your tension points.

It's good, but seriously flawed in very fundamental ways, and NOT what fans of the Xeno series had been expecting.

Hey cunt

Or just use a fucking disc and don't bother with all that nonsense.

>Finally get to 100% nearly every area except a few heart to hearts and Telethia
>"Surely Telethia can't be that bad?"
>Roll up to it with a reflect negate gem and a my Verus 60
>Get fucking murdered in less than 60 minutes
>Apparently have to grind augments to win

Time for another week or two off.

>Get a reflect-ether-negate augment
>Murder it in one hit
WHO'S A CUNT NOW

Totally forgot about that piece of shit.

I love it, but you should wait and see if it is getting a port on the Switch.

It's not fundamentally flawed at all, not anymore than the original Xenoblade, and far less than Xenosaga.

What it lacks is polish, and that's mostly because the game is goddamned gargantuan. Almost everything had a solid foundation, it just wasn't tuned enough. Augments, especially, and Potential being imba are the biggest perpetrators. You shouldn't have to gather nearly 99 separate resources for level-20 augments.

you already waited a year past it's release.

Nah, it's straight shit. People are way too lenient on JRPG stories. It's fucking shit and not only is it shit but it's the same plot and arc as so many others and then on top of that they put insufferable characters like tatsu and they keep up that LEL I'M NOT A POTATO shit for far too long.

Just hack your Wii U

I would easily say it's worth it. I spent over 200 hours in that game.

Personally I suggest buying physical over digital because I don't like wasting money on air. But that's just me.

>>Get fucking murdered in less than 60 minutes

60 seconds, rather

Or that. But like you said you'll need 15 GBs to achieve performance on par with digital.

Oh yeah, Telethia is bullshit. I cheesed all the other superbosses with a 3 Potential Up XX build, but Telethia's flying section is what fucks me hardcore.

I can kill Lugalbanda in under 30 seconds, but I can't even get Telethia to land, because I'm still trying to farm my super weapons. Deus Crusher 60 is the best I have.

I played it and it's one of the most competent console to handheld port I've ever played. Of course the resolution's shit and textures a tad worse but that's to be expected and it still plays fine. If playing it on the go is more appealing to you than playing it with the better graphics, go for it.

>If it looks like that and if Switch is region-free, I would rebuy this.
I never finished XCX on my Wii U. I had one of two chapters left. I would buy a Switch if they republished XCX, and Monolithsoft came out next year at E3 and confirmed they are working on the sequel.

>Turns sideways

I only played around 10 hours of it and I'm contemplating waiting for the switch version but I'm not interested in paying full price for it if that's how Nintendo are going to handle the switch ports.

Which they probably will.

Which isn't a problem if you don't buy any digital stuff, like how you shouldn't. Ever.

It seems to be the safe option. I don't think Nintendo would market a 720p docked mode in 2017, as it would be a step down from Wii U.

The only other solution is something similar to wii u, where the switch would have a 1080p screen, but not all games will support it, but will upscale to 1080, on portable mode. That way switcing from docked modes would be smoother.

Looks like fucking Big Zam.

If there was a Switch version, what would you like to see in it?

Personally, I'd want the Enemy Index and Collectopedia to be more detailed. The Collectopedia should have a detailed map of the continents, showing you what you're missing on an area-by-area basis. The Enemy Index needs to tell you what parts of the bodies drop what, and at what rates. Not only that, but it should show you a map of where you can find certain enemies, and tell you how to get the drops you're missing.

>it's the same plot and arc as so many others

I would add to that the horrible translation. A lot of NPCs text boxes read like something out of a little girl's blog. It didn't help the overall plot at all.

Wasn't this about $15 at Target a few weeks back?

X had some really amazing enemy concepts.

The 15gbs are the add ons for the physical copy so that it doesn't perform like shit

In terms of QoL additions, more filter options, faster UI, less clicky UI. An example would be, trying to swap out a character but forgetting to remove augments/armor. Or stuff like having to remove augments manually in order to replace them. I could probably come up with a thousand examples of this.

Whatever they do, it probably won't be happening until a year or so from now. But playing the game will take you over 100 hours easily, so it all depends on how much spare time you have.

I doubt it had much to do with the translation unless you know for sure the context and literal dialogue changed dramatically?

Yes,its one of the best RPGs ever made,its what FFXV should have been,but in a shit hardware in only 3 years monolith did what SE could not do in 10 on the best gaming console ever produced,this is fucking sad

>Removing the NPC armor
But why?

More filtering options would be nice, since you get lists upon lists of items to sort through if you don't actively sell everything, but still. Menu loading time is the biggest issue I have with it.

I know, but you should have plenty of space free if you have a 32GBs console and don't buy digital.

Did Xenoblade 3DS get any extra content in any way?

I would assume the same team would be porting X to switch so I think it would be safer to assume it's just going to be a straight port running at 1080p/30fps.

I just can't see them doing anything other than allowing parity between handheld and docked modes.

For me, reading some of the stuff in the sidequest was so bad i didn't care for some characters or the world. That whole Sup Forums tier mission did nothing for me, because the dialogue was awful.

I'm doubtful of a Switch port existing, so if you want it, grab it now.

10 hours in is nothing. You're less than 1/20th of the way through the game.

Endbringer is an asshole, feels so good to finally beat him. The process in preparing for it is painful, an exercise in patience and a test of your sanity

>If there was a Switch version, what would you like to see in it?

If we're talking strictly X and not working towards the inevitable sequel, it would have to be a number of QoL and lore fixes, maybe an option to replay chapters, adjust voice/music ratio, little bits and pieces like that.

Maybe some aesthetic costumes..? A way to get reward tickets when playing offline? So many little things I'd do, not necessarily anything particularly huge.

from what i remember it was a straight up port. Only difference was compressed graphics to make things fit/run properly.