Heroes of the Storm

>Blizzard actually makes a good game
>Doesn't put it on steam
>Playerbase dries up

FUCKING WHY? I've been stuck in matchmaking for almost half an hour now in a full party

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GXRGqiOdC5k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeah it's totally because it's not on steam and not because they were about 5 years late to the moba race

Matchmaking is broken. It requires the opposing team to have the exact same makeup. Good luck finding a team that fits these requirements
>Is a full queued party
>Average rank matches yours
>Individual ranks are similar to your team's makeup
>Is in your region

Also, HOTS may be the best MOBA on the market, but it's still a MOBA. The only reason it's slightly better is because it's fun for casual play where you turn off your brain. In serious play, it's horrible, and most MOBA fags are MLG tryhards who stick with lol or dota.

Literally a shit game, what are you smoking?

>Sup Forums calls League a casual game
>Sup Forums can't even play the casual version of that.

Fuck right off.

To add to this, you -know- this game is fresh garbage because even with the blizzard name behind it, its still the literally who of mobas

You don't do quick-play with a full party, you do the Draft Mode. Quick play is there for solo people who just want to play a particular hero. It's why people wanted an Unranked Draft mode so badly.

Dota kiddies can leave now.

/thread

Feels like a moba for toddlers. Not as fun as dota aswell

but user it's a shit and unrewarding game, of course the playerbase its dry

>good

>Dota
>Fun

Pick one.

>play a match
>earn 100 gold
>champ prices are 10k gold
>skin are expensive as shit

oh gee, I wonder why this game is failing hard

It's the casualist of the casual, thus making it superior to the mlg mobafags.

All mobas are shit though.

>t. I have never played it
I used to play it a while ago, and matchmaking was instant.

why did you tag me and not op you dumb fuck
he's exaggerating a lot but the thing that it has a smaller playerbase than other mobas is a fact
also fuck you I love HotS

It's called Heart of the Swarm, not Heroes of the Storm.

Heroes of the Swarm

>he's exaggerating a lot
nope, he's right. nowadays, quickmatch matchmaking takes forever

the servers are fucking crap are those in canada? i have like a 300 ping same for diablo3

Heart of the Storm

>he plays league

Heart Stone ?

>TRYING TO COMPETE WITH LEAGUE

LOL THEY NEVER HAD A CHANCE

I thought there was an unranked draft mode, but nobody plays it because they don't want to deal with long queues and people dodging to play a game that ultimately means nothing.

This is just the overwatch equivalent of lol/dota

Which is to say, shit.

Like seriously, blizzard just caters to the most casual of fanbases now

Where did I even imply I played league in my post you inbred cretin

>I've been stuck in matchmaking for almost half an hour now in a full party
>in a full party

There's your problem. I'd say most of the people playing HotS are people who just dont really care about the game that much and just want to have some quick fun, instead of trying hard with premades.

>trying hard
are you retarded? it just means the game has to find 5 people instead of 10

>hots
>good

Very very shallow. It's only good if you want nonstop fighting for 20 minutes each match but if you want any degree of mechanics or maneuvers that affect skill then Hots is a bad choice.

Also you cannot carry your team in the game because exp is team shared. If the team even gets a 2 lvl lead you basically lost, especially if they get the tribute then it's also fucking over. There is no early game influence in this game--It's basically a mindless deathball all game.

If the matchmaking is worth anything it's trying to put you against premades of 5 so you don't steamroll random pubbies.

That's why your queue is taking forever.

Interesting idea to have an ASSFAGGOT focus more on the hero fighting and mini objectives with Blizzard characters.

The problem lies within the inherent nature of modern Blizzard, they don't go far enough with new ideas and wallow in the older ones.

>Blizzard actually makes a good game

What game would that be? Because it sure as hell ain't HotS

I want all the Smite, HotS and Paragon fags to die from cancer, your games are shit and so is your taste. No MOBA player will ever want to play those shitgames. There are only 2 good mobas, Dota2 and LoL and nothing will ever change that, fuck off.

>I'm 12 and my opinion matters

>LOL THEY NEVER HAD A CHANCE
They had a chance. If only they had released the game with the Dota 2 model (all the champions unlocked) they could compete with LoL, but their own greediness made them shot their feet.

Serves them well for being jews.

>tfw best chromie on Sup Forums

25*

Fixed.

typical blizzfaggotry

Take a game,leeg/dota and make it shallow as fuck like overwatch. If you play blizz games thats not broodwwar, you should probably kill yourself

I never got why they want to sell their characters like that.

DOTA 2 shows that people are willing to spend A LOT of money on particle effects and dress up pieces for their characters. All that putting characters behind a wall with in game currency is make the balance a joke since you have to assume some people don't have those characters.

This is probably the biggest reason why this game is a failure.
Nobody wants to grind Blizzard's ridiculously inflated ingame currency to play the heroes they want to play, and very few people are going to pay ten real dollars for the privilege.

It and League are both currently using a disgusting practice where, when a new hero comes out, they inflate his in-game currency price far beyond what's reasonable in an attempt to force people to buy them with real money. 15,000 gold in HotS is weeks of daily grinding.

Because they thought they could do what League did and people would just eat it up.
Nobody actually likes League's payment model. It's retarded and lowers the game's competitive value because the average player doesn't have the majority of heroes unlocked, heavily reducing their ability to pick and counterpick strategically.

>tfw chromie is best

>shallow as fuck

atleast its not like a shity copy like league of legends is.

Disregarding balance, they went full retard. Their biggest target audience, LoL players, won't move to a similar game due the sunk cost fallacy.

>Take the least interesting part of LoL/Dota's metagame, the 5v5 clusterfuck part where you can barely tell what's happening
>Base the entire game around it
>Wonder why the game is comparatively unsuccessful to its competition while pumping money into an eSports scene that has zero passion or legitimacy

It's really a shame because the game has some interesting ideas when it comes to hero design, and its presentation is 10/10.

>least interesting
>anything other than team fighting and ganking being interesting

can't wait to creep deny atm senpai

Even then, the team fights in DOTA/LoL are more interesting since they don't happen every minute.

That's why 5 man Black Holes feel so good. They don't happen often in a match, but when they do, it comes at the right time.

ganking barely ever happens. People just guard their lanes until the objective pops, and then it's a 5v5 or you lose.

By the way the game has last hitting now, thanks to talent quests where you need to kill creeps to increase your damage. One step forward, two steps back.

>the game has last hitting now
What's next, items?

Though I don't play the whole roster like I used to since I've started playing casually now, I don't really recall too many quests (that aren't regen globe or azmodan stacks) that require minion death.

>By the way the game has last hitting now

on Azmodan, at least if by 'now' you mean 'when Azmodan was released'

Who Greymane here lads.

Probably the part where you referred to heroes as "champs."

theres no need for items. the talents replace that

AZMODUNKSTERS UNITE

R E A L S L A M D U N K H O U R S

B T F O
T
F
O

>if this was easy, everyone would do it
Is there anything more satisfying than decimating a five stack because of that one retard that feeds you a reset?

complaining that gaining heroes requires few games. but plays league of shitlands where a hero takes over 200 games to get

>mfw

the f2p model isnt as good as dota but atleast you can unlock heroes fast. quests brawls and milestones are way better than first win of the game

>Tfw getting a fleeing samuro from across the map
Need an azmodan version of this

Griffith did everything wrong

Thats not how you spell nothing

Other day I slammed an Illidan from across the map after he'd been in the fog of war for four or five seconds

hearing Azmo go FROM DOWNTOWN just fuckin makes that skin for me

who is the best hero and why is it tychus?

>dotA/league is better because you get 20 minutes of forced pve before any team fights happen and then your carry wins the game for you

Nah, as a HoN/dota2 refugee I can tell you HOTS is far more fun

forgot my shit

Greymane>Zeratul>Leroic>Diablo>Malfurion
This list is undisuptablly fact for top 5 heros.

You are subjectively wrong. Calling yourself a "refugee" doesn't lend more credence to your assertion either.

It still takes a ton of grind even with daily quests, what the fuck are you smoking?

He's smoking that Blizzard hashish.

one my my biggest gripe about this game is that it just doesn't FEEL like you're doing anything worthwhile, both in terms of visuals and gameplay.

all the special effects in this game looks like ass and is underwhelming compared to dota.

That's not how you spell Abathur

How are carry mechanics fun at all? Play 4v4 while both teams Carrie and are on a pve adventure, then whatever carry farmed the best comes out and wins the game solo on his own. In hots your hero is useful and effective at his role the whole game, it's far more fun.

Fuck Abathur he is the most useless piece of shit around. Fucking gimping the team into 4v5 fights.

Dunking people who thought themeselves safe enough to recall to the Nexus is one of the best feeling ever, right next to bitch slapping someone to death with Abathur.

>gangs rarely happen
t. Wood league

This video made me try Azmodan, he is my favorite now.

youtube.com/watch?v=GXRGqiOdC5k

>He plays "competitive" HotS

>He doesnt always play too win

>you are linking, enemy team picks murky and Vikings for some fucking reason
>tfw not enough salivary glands

>If the team even gets a 2 lvl lead you basically lost

Bullshit. Comeback are very common in HotS

>playing ASSFAGGOTS

That would be adequate to describe push abathurs. Even if they top hat someone they just don't have use in a team fight. Abathurs who build for team fights though, I've often found are quite the godsend, like a good Lost Vikings.

Enjoy hanging out by your creep waves punching creeps for 10-30 minutes every game while hots players actually play against people

I play to have fun and there's ganks in every single game, I can't imagine how bad your rating is to actually get consistent games where no one ganks

Team fight abas are still only worth shilw when they have their ult up too much down time.

He says there is no early game influence at the same time he claims a two level lead is game over, he's clearly a dumb fuck of the highest order

>TFW your friends are now eating this shit up, they werent into MOBAs before when you actually played
>TFW they play Overwatch and transitioned into this from that
>TFW you called this from the start and they said no, wouldnt happen

The worst part is...i played Heroes back in its beta and fucking hated it. So im not going back in now unless its radically changed.

Try it out while based Leroic and Samuro are still on free rotation

>oh no my friends actually enjoy playing video games
you poor soul

hots was shit, blizzdrone

>So im not going back in now unless its radically changed.

it hasnt changed but there are alot more maps than 3. so it doesnt get boring after 3 games

Why has no-one mentioned Alarak aka. "Fuck your mobility"?
I love bursting down people with him

Heroes IS a good game, but it wasn't as good on release as it is today and even now it's still lacking features it should have.

Bad press is hard to counter, I really don't think Heroes will be able to lift off because of that.

its even worse now than during the beta. The only good thing they did is the removal of Shit Mines from the pool.

2bad all the new maps but one are equally shit.

>Leroic
[HIGH QUEUE TIMES DETECTED]

WHO /HAMMER/ HERE ?

meh, even if it was on steam I'd probably download one of the japanese Magic: the Yugioh card games instead of the Blizzard one; the japanese children's card games have better artwork. it's the same shit anyway, a few brokenly OP cards that define the whole metagame or some shit which are so brokenly OP the players get pissed off and ban them from muh champeenships.

Or was this one the Blizzard assfaggots? I don't really pay attention to those, either.

>People are finally talking about HotS
Nice. Game's underrated.

I hated it during the beta but like it a lot more now.