Can someone explain me the whole TES lore?

Can someone explain me the whole TES lore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9lyKxKn_WsE
soundcloud.com/rottendeadite/this-many-goblins-left-the
youtube.com/watch?v=A-chDClmdos&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCPBUy9uAXQUXZ4UBaDLKS5
youtube.com/watch?v=uZjneISs-vA&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzB-qocScD0wPA5twwi1IM5p
youtube.com/watch?v=QGEQeuu_Hrk&list=PL9qQ3PJcmlrfH6a799s6iNHkXzgcbSlky&index=1
gamesas.com/tatterdemalion-the-lunar-province-secunda-t172777.html
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Mazken
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Annotated_Anuad
youtube.com/watch?v=w2I2hIgmRGE
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3174/?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CHIM

If you wantto read badly written teenager fanfic go on tumblr?

See that mountain?
You can climb it.

Everything is the dream of a dead god

Something about Vivec changing reality itself so that he got raped or something.

It's CHIM you nigger I ain't gotta explain it.

Two brothers fall in love with same chick which results in death of the cuck and the brother and madness of the other bro.
He goes full escapism mode and retrieves into his head creating a world of inner escapism which is filled with unchanged perfect stasis.
His inner psyche represented by ghost of his brother wants to break him out of it and take his mind on further dividing and maddening journey of self discovery which results in the tragedy in his mind being fixed and parts of his mind achieving closure, rebirth and identity though it's not clear if the guy himself can ever wake up.

It's about tragedy, denial, self destruction, love, obsession, intraction between the king and the rebel, overcoming tragedy and rebirth.

Death of the chick*

people bad, go kill

>expecting Sup Forums of all people to explain the rich TES lore

NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE

The wheel and the spoke.
The godhead, the I, the towers and CHIM

I never heard the story of the godhead dude before.
What if one of those CHIM guy goes full retard and breaks the universe? Would the guy wake up?

Aight basically some fuck with multiple personalities put himself into a coma to escape from his brother personality, but the brother personality was still there when he went to sleep, but being asleep now he further split into a fucking bunch of other personalities (Sithis and others), and then those personalities birthed other personalities that manifested into their own planes of existance (planets). Half of them (the Aedra) decided this was bullshit and sacrificed themselves to make a more stable sphere of existence (the planet you play on) Nirn. The other half decided they would basically sit out and watch this planet, but also because the first half put laws into place barring them from fucking with it, and occasionally fuck with it. (The Daedra) Now, since this is all a dream, many people on Nirn can become close enough to the personality and ideals of one of the original personality splits, and essentially harness the power that personality had (Mantling), which several people do at various points. This is how Martin becomes a fucking dragon at the end of Oblivion to stop Dagon, if you need an example. Now, other people/elves also think this is bullshit, like the Dwemer/Dwarves. They figured out it was a dream, and decided to try and make their own god/aedra/daedra of supreme Logic. But when they turned it on, with the goal of saying "This isn't real", they literally stopped existing because they weren't real. Hindsight is 20/20. Now, CHIM is a thing when you realize that it's a dream and start controlling the dream, basically like Lucid dreaming. But that's hard to do, because, as explained above, if you figure out it's a dream, you stop existing. If you manage to stay in the dream after figuring it out, you get to CHIM, which is where Vivec and a couple others sit.

No one knows, probably no
It isn't just a dream, he is literally insane at this point and his soul and mind are divided
It's also probably but literally a dream and esoteric

c0da makes it canon

C0DA isn't canon though

Pic and youtube.com/watch?v=9lyKxKn_WsE

this is amazing

never knew TES universe was this complex

considering it was all written during an acid trip I wouldn't actually put that much thought into it. Like at all. Most of it is dumb.

Thalmor goal is basically "force a wake up" from this dream by destroying the towers sustaining Nirn, thinking they would ascend to Aedra like status and going beyond the achieving of Chim.
The downside of their plan is every living being would disapear like the dwemer from Nirn

It is and it isn't
That's just one of the solid interpretations based in ingame and out of game writer discussions
TES lore is open enough for you to form your own opinion and hypothesis

This is debatable especially since Thalmor do not know of the dream and only the towers hold reality, two were made to escape it, one to break it, one to control it while rest do who knows what.
It's a lot more likely that they want to return to Aetherius and become Ada again, as in God/spirits.

soundcloud.com/rottendeadite/this-many-goblins-left-the

So how's this for a mindfuck.

What if the Godhead achieves CHIM?

youtube.com/watch?v=A-chDClmdos&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCPBUy9uAXQUXZ4UBaDLKS5
youtube.com/watch?v=uZjneISs-vA&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzB-qocScD0wPA5twwi1IM5p
youtube.com/watch?v=QGEQeuu_Hrk&list=PL9qQ3PJcmlrfH6a799s6iNHkXzgcbSlky&index=1

dumb as fuck

Basically the high elves are butt hurt that the humans are more successful than them despite being direct descendants of the Daedra so they're trying to destroy the towers that hold Mundus together so they can essentially cause it to delete itself so they can go fuck around in Oblivion with the Daedra again

They might have an idea of the Dream but not proofs of that so far

It's dumb but also really smart as fuck when it get to the "and that's why this happened" shit you never would have questioned otherwise. So many things in minor sidequests that you would never have batted an eye to have huge complex explainations as to why they happened.

Anriel Gane in Skyrim, you ever wonder why you randomly get the power to summon him at the end of his quest? Because you're the closest thing to Lorkhan in the immediate vicinity. Or why that ghost in Old Hroldan calls you Hjalti (because you are Talos and he recognizes you), or the fact that how shouting worked was explained all the way back in Morrowind and the Tools of Kagrenac basically do the same thing shouting does. One is a set of cosmic musical instruments meant to fuck with the music of reality, the other is just using your singing voice.

I have to agree, the explanations that it's some dudes delusional coma sort of lessens everything.

We're getting into non-canon territory here but

Supposedly he already DID and that's where godheads come from. That's how it works, one person achieves CHIM the decides to become Nu-Amarath which is the next step and become another godhead. The purpose of Nirn is to allow mortals to continue this infinite cycle of infinitely reproducing Godheads.

Who achieved Chim canonically so far?
Vivec and?

Does "and it'll all work out in the end" ruin life for religious people?

It's shit.

Redpill me on the Dwemer.

they fucked up

The dude is not sone dude
He is like Brahman and was most likely also a deity in his own universe which might also be a dream.

That being said there are baby layers to enjoy
You like meta post modern shit, you got Anu stuff
Like Gods plotting and fighting, you got aedra and Daedra
Like massive planetary magical conspiracy, psijic, Thalmor and elder council
Just good old wars and cultural tensions? Regions with unique lore can give that
Heroic deeds of demigods, sure
Deeds is just heroes, alright
Deeds of usual men, can do
Small catenary tales about thieves and shit like that, yep
Peasants digging shit, even that can be found

TES is great in the way that every level of it us interesting and developed at least to some degree

I don't know where you're drawing the comparison. I just think it's unnecessary meta that cheapens otherwise interesting lore.

They were smart, cruel and tried to build a God with the concept "Wake us".
It worked and as their "God" came to life it woke up all the Dwemer but a cursed one from the dream and so they disapeared from Nirn

Zurin Arctus, Hijalti Early-Beard and Ysmir Wulfharth but the thing about them is that between all three of them they all achieved one CHIM.

Talos wasn't real, he was a myth made up by three guys who maintained the illusion of an all powerful god emperor. Everytime magic was needed Zurin Arctus fixed it and gave credit to Tiber Septim. Everytime they needed a public face or some skulls bashed in they used Hijalti who made up the name Tiber Septim and said he was actually Wulfharth from the ancient past (he wasn't but he could shout and they believed it, it helped that the real Wulfharth was helping him). Everytime they needed Tiber Septim at two places at once Wulfharth took his place and pretended to be him, which is how frequently there are tales of Talos being in two places at once and makes him look all the more superhuman. But Hijalti got greedy and turned on the other two resulting in an accident with a Numidium. They didn't become gods after death but in Daggerfall you kill Zurin Arctus, the only survivor which allows him to join the other two as Talos.

Then boom, they all achieve CHIM togethwr and suddenly everyone is not only praying to Talos, they are swearing Talos always existed. Talos is a lie prepetuated by three guys who all became a single person. Because they became a god all their lies became true retroactively, including tbe parts about being the same guy.

Wait so why don't the eldlerscrolls just go to space? When will we go to other planets and shit? When do we go interstellar?

We should be able to travel to other places with vehicles and shit instead of weak ass portals.

Prisoner escapes prison and saves Cyrodiil/Daggerfall/Vvardenfell/Cyrodiil again/Skyrim

The dwemer did that. With actual space ships. Look it up.

They did in the lore. Why? Why wouldn't they show this in game? The story of how the Khajiit got to the moon is funny.

requesting TES space lore pls

I need links and paragraphs or green text

Reman era spacesuit right here.

You can actually breath in space in Elder Scrolls but you can only do it manually and if you forget to you'll die.

gamesas.com/tatterdemalion-the-lunar-province-secunda-t172777.html

There's reason to believe tbe abandoned colonists are still up there

Praise Reman!
Reman Cyrodiil when he wasn't fucking around with Sanguine or banging his Akaviri bodyguards colonized the moon. He even tried to colonize Oblivion.

Imperials, Altmer and Dwemer all used to have spaceships but then all that was lost and they're all in a dark age of technology now, or in the Dwemer's case, extinct.

Khajiits all got so collectively high that they colonized one of the moons

>be Khajiit
>be high with buddies
>"hey if we could reach the moon we could have all the moon sugar"
>you're all high so it seems like a good idea
>make a pile
>not big enough
>call your litter
>make bigger pile
>call the neighbors
>not big enough, khajiit thinks this plan is stupid
>give them skooma, suddenly this seems like a good idea
>get more people
>get more skooma
>eventually the pile gets so big and everyone so high you hotbox reality itself into thinking the plan isn't so bad
>it works

I'm not sure about the timeline but I'm pretty sure they were the first ones on the moon too. As far as I know everyone else from the Sunbirds of Alinor to Reman bumped into Khajiit when they landed on Secunda. It's not canon but even the Dark Elves in the c0da found them hiding up there.

>ask for something ridiculous
>of course fucking elder scrolls has it somewhere buried in the lore

Ok lorefags I want a canonical loli, preferably a little daedric succubus. Are there any of those in the lore? Is there a canonical basis for my loli character that I can use as an excuse?

Go on
Find me one

Rishaal Tamir

The Imperials had a space station too, it was called Battlespire

Did you forget about Babette user? Vampire lolis not good enough? That's fine because their are in fact canonical loli daedra.

really?

This assumes that this race has a life cycle and aren't just manifested.

uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Mazken

Yes and you could find her in the Imperial Batlemages space station

Daily reminder that C0DA exists and is currently what happens if the High Elves win

>Highelves being erased from reality
>bad

It will never be canon though.

It literally can't be canon, the whole thing is anti-canon

Source?

Several books, quests and dialogues from the first TES game to Skyrim last DLC

There is no lore. Beth just makes up a bunch of babby nonsense every time they make an ES game.

fpbs

But all of that information exists outside of Mundus, how can such specific information be told in game? I know about the Godhead and all, but not any specifics on who or what it is.

The creators make up whatever the fuck they want as it becomes convenient.

Niggers destroyed their home nations after being told that they should be more responsible and now they took over parts of a foreign land.

Elves are being held back by the chaotic and degenerate races of (((men))), the only solution is not only to destroy them, but to destroy everything.

Ahnassi is best girl.

This is actually accurate.

uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Annotated_Anuad

They are the fedoras of TES.

Little-Leaf is the best NPC.

It already has.
Look at the Sunbirds, spaceships made out of sunlight/magic
Technology develops backwards when men are the most powerful. They're innately Padomayic

Ah, thanks for this. Now I somewhat understand where Godhead's more personal story comes from.

>Shoddycast
Do they even have contact with MK?
Here he is on The Selective Lorecast talking about bull cocks
youtube.com/watch?v=w2I2hIgmRGE

So the whole TES universe is just a dream? I wish I didn't know this now. Thanks.

They may not have all known CHIM but they all knew of the Dream.
They wanted to deconstruct it and awaken the godhead as far as I can tell
In the process they became the 'skin' of the Numidium, a 'god' build to deny the existence of things so hard that they stop existing.

It's a dream fractal, like a mandelbrot.
The mandelbrot is the True "Schizophrenic" Godhead, Anu is only indescribably small part of it

Oh. So it's just like our universe then.

"Dream" is what medieval shit kickers call a simulation. They are all in a computer. A video game more precisely.

take a bunch of real world myths and mash them together, change names sometimes but not always
then do a lot of drugs and start writing

Not just a dream, bruh. The dream of a god high on SKOOMA.

Do you know something we don't, user?

>t. elon musk

>automatically reading that as specific voice

God fucking dammit

YOU N-WORD

The point is that it's not JUST a dream. Also the flexible nature of what is essentially a dreamworld makes really outside the box storytelling possible.

Fanon is that it isn't.
Fanon has the 'simulation' of reality as part of the Hist's mind. A cool theory with no real source.

What mods?

>Neloth saying Nu'Wah
really makes you think

it's a dream made of a song

What is the deal with TES and sound?

Is it because of all of the references to String Theory and Quantum Physics?

Suddenly this mod seems a lot more lore friendly.

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3174/?

Pelinal is implied to have had a Lightsaber arm.
>he was Pelinal the Whitestrake because of his left hand, made of a killing light

I thought the godhead encompassed anu and padomay, that they were just the two biggest pieces of it.

Reminder that you shouldn't take the story of the godhead and reality being a dream too literally.