What point did you realise TPP wasn't the game you wanted it to be?

What point did you realise TPP wasn't the game you wanted it to be?

It was the jeep ride for me

I dropped Metal Gear after I found out Ground Zeroes had regenerating health.

>Have barely any idea what MGS lore is aside from there being espionage and THE MEMES
>Get the Definitive Experience on sale for about $30
>Game feels and looks really nice
>Find the story genuinely entertaining throughout

Is it just because I haven't played past MG games?

le regenerating health is le bad maymay xD

When I realized how limited the Side Ops are.
Peace Walker had more variety ffs.

Yep, but I think youd enjoy the others if you found Vs story entertaining

The damn tapes.

When Kojima called Punished Snake a silent protagonist.

When chapter 2 was just half recycled missions.
It was all I wanted up until then, and I realized the story was just going to abruptly end.

I think the Jeep Ride was the tipping point.
Once Skull Face died the game felt over anyway.
But code talker, all the wolbachia shit, the endless hours of tapes that you have to listen to if you want what story that is there...
Once it started repeating missions I said fuck it, glad I pirated it.

Yeah. It's a decent game but it's just not what longtime fans wanted or expected.

The issue is that people had completely different expectations of the game thanks to the marketing of the game. We would finally see Big Boss' descent to madness but all we got was "YOU WERE BIG BOSS THIS WHOLE TIME" "DUDE VOCAL CORD PARASITES LMAO". Don't get me wrong I enjoyed TPP for what it was but if you have played any other MGS game then you would realise the story was a significant step down from past titles. TPP will be fondly remembered in a few years time in a similar vein to MGS2.

Venom didn't care about Quiet.

I will point out this fact in every single mg/s thread until all mg/s discussion dies

You can survive a shot to the head, but a broken heart always kills.

What if I told you that you were wrong?

>Markdaysaid

I just can't like his stuff. Don't know why. It always makes me think of Shad.

BIG BOSS APPROVED xD

Still waiting to go nuclear.

Lol this meme again

MGSV has much worse problems than its story (the story itself isnt even bad just poorly told) and even saying its on the level of MGS2 is laughable

To elaborate MGSV suffers from some severely retarded design choices like open world, motherbase/fulton and buddies which only hamper the core stealth gameplay

The story was always going to be Kojima/10 and after MGS4 the stories dont matter anyway, so people who cried about muh big boss are idiots too

Big Boss approved.

Motherbase, empty as fuck
>Guest starring: Quiet
Helicopter trip #939083

the game is a fucking mess

I would prove to you that I am right through a series of well formed essays detailing the fact.

Metal Gear Solid 1.

Seriously, anyone that took that fucking "game" seriously should not be a gamer. Go watch tv, that's what you want.

>tfw President Trump killed the other TPP

Good riddance.

At what point did I say the story was on par with MGS2? I simply said that at a later point, people will look back on MGSV and respect what Kojima was trying to do with the game. What other game in the MG franchise reminds you of that?

Way sooner than that, probably around the 4th or 5th cutscene when Ocelot and Kaz actually didn't do anything but talk while at Mother Base.

>gamer

Do it then
Write them
You're the least obsessive autist on this board, at least step it up to XV-kun levels.

So you're really saying MGSV will be looked at in the same way MGS4 is

>I see what he was trying to do, but man did he fuck it up

And I would prove to you that you're wrong by calling you a faggot and Fulton extracting you for being that obsessive over my Sniper Buddy.

My hopes rose after the whole series of events of confronting Skull Face and Sahelanthropus, taking Huey back to Mother Base, and the fun first Africa mission where you infiltrate and blow up the oil refinery, but it went downhill fast after.

If the game was just 10-15 missions like Ground Zeroes and the oil refinery with all the fat cut and more story it'd be even better.

The Hamburgers

Had hints during that stupid prologue where you shoot a fucking guy on fire with a shotgun.
Then the tipping point was when I realized the game didn't have any content past chapter one (which would have felt "okay" if it had been like only one third of the story).

Chapter 2.

Mission 28 and 29 because of how much they overshadowed the rest of the game
>decent amount of cinematics
>mansion is actually a bit difficult to sneak through
>ghosting past the sniper skulls was tense
>using D-Walker against the armor skulls was action packed
>missions are actually connected to each other
Made me realized how every other mission just lacked enough content to justify them being so disconnected from each other.

>open world

I was open minded going into it, because I thought SURELY it wouldn't fall victim to the same tired out formulaic bullshit for missions that all open world games have, right?

I'm always wrong.

It felt like Far Cry 2 all over again.

when i realised the stealth mechanics were terrible. so about an hour into the game

After the Code Talker mission it became obvious that there was no actual level design

That mansion was probably the best area for an actual sneaking mission in the game

Witcher 3 may still be the only open world game to not fall to this

I wonder how repetitive ff15 will be

Maybe halfway through Africa. Something just... didn't seem right. Then we went BACK to Afghanistan and suddenly the game was over.

Are you me? I usually hate Open world games because of reason's why we both obviously share, but Witcher 3 held on to me for quite some time. I never got around to finishing it, but I don't blame the game for it.

Mission 1 but God.. I fucking loved it.
It was so different from what I expected.. Yet so good. Still playing it to this day, I have ~400 hours in it.

it took me all the way until the "Truth" mission, I wanted to believe so hard but the fact that this came literally out of no where, no context in the story, and the fact that the final level in the game was literally the tutorial again... god it hurts to even think back on, I was so sad

I suspected it the first time i visited mother base.
When i realised the game ended so terribly i knew it wasnt what it was hyped up to be.

I just wish they remade the entire game, adding the shit that we were promised/expected from a Metal Gear game.

Explain one fucking reason why it's not. Especially for stealth games.

i think maybe the third or fourth side op that wasn't plot important. i immediately knew what was happening, everything else just made it worse

The worse thing about this is that they CAN do that
But they make Survive instead

>Equipping food rations you find around every corner that insta-revive you when your HP hit zero are better
In GZ you might actually have fucked up when there is an alert and you can't shake em off. You can't just freeze time in your menu and eat a snack. You also have way less health than you used to in previous games.

> this meme in every mgs5 thread

Will you please fuck off and die?

When I took 10 steps and there was still no cutscene

finding out you need to spend gmp to do missions so you can't take out your most fun and new weapons or equipment (really kojima why even develop new weapons when your not going to use it cos it costs so fucking much) or the fact the suppressors only last for a few shots and you have to order everything just to get a single suppresor which costs more gmp

then there is the real world time it takes to develop things

i don't know whoes idea it was to do this and why but it sucks i hope some one was fired for what they did

Who are you talking about? xD

>i hope some one was fired for what they did
Someone was fired indeed

finding out you need to spend gmp to do missions so you can't take out your most fun and new weapons or equipment (really kojima why even develop new weapons when your not going to use it cos it costs so fucking much) or the fact the suppressors only last for a few shots and you have to order everything just to get a single suppresor which costs more gmp

then there is the real world time it takes to develop things

i don't know whoes idea it was to do this and why but it sucks i hope some one was fired for what they did

also the franken guns when they had real world guns for so long why why do that?

Guys, I'm crying right now.

Just looking at him makes me feel something strange inside. I guess you could call it "love". I'm in love with Big Boss. I've lost interest in all guys, besides him. Guys who are considered "hot" by the general female population don't cut it for me anymore.

Big Boss really is all I think about all day, every day. I really do cry myself to sleep at night thinking about how I'll never be with him. If only he knew I existed in this life, if only he knew my deep profound love for him. I know that will never happen though. That is the thought that makes me so sad when I look at him. I'll never be with him, but I'll continue to love him until the day I die.

Think about it this way, Venom knew all of this and didn't care.

One of the biggest complaints are that 110% of the games cutscenes were in trailers, with the extra 10% being removed from the game.

But in the hospital there is a cutscene almost right from the start.

Can we all agree that MGSV is nothing but a filler Episode in the MGS Saga?

the whole Big Boss reveal is nothing but a little fanservice, the rest of the game adds ZERO content to the Lore AT ALL.

It reveals why The End had photosynthesis.

this. once my missions became "redo this shiot, only harder" i realized how close to the end I was.

The levels up to that point are great. but then it sorta ends... and that last fucking quiet mission with the tanks pissed me right off.

Died so much. Then it ended as if quiet falling for you and sodding off was the be all and end all of everything. So much left unfinshed. Even after playing the 1st mission again and seeing the extra stuff. I was very much fucked off at the whole unresolved stuff.

(still playing it though daily for bonuses).

Sneaking around camps in the desert doing the same mission on repeat with nothing to explore in-between just isn't fun.

The trailer hype/speculation threads were more exciting than this shit.

>The trailer hype/speculation threads were more exciting than this shit.
What was the last game that this didn't apply to?

When I realised Mother Base was worse than Peace Walker's Mother Base on every levels including characters, story and writing

Before you even got to Africa. It was just the same type of mission over and over again. The environment is pretty, but there's nothing to do other than harvest the same shit you've been harvesting.

You acquire currency really fast thanks to the mission stuff, so if you only log on to do missions once in a while, you're basically rich and will destroy anything.

I just really didn't care about focusing so much on building your base and all that shit. I didn't even play Peace Walker because that put me off, and this is just like ten times worse.

I want to do neat sneaking missions where I fight interesting enemies and unravel the purpose behind the enemy and all that. Didn't even bother finishing the game. I wasn't having fun.

>Repeating missions
>Skull face dies before being fleshed out as villain
>No fucking codec calls

I really tried to like it at first but it just wasn't the same at the end.

After the Kaz Rescue mission when I realized all the missions that unlocked didn't further the plot in the slightest.

Yes. You're a fucking idiot for playing the games out of order.

Ace Attorney 6.

When the trailers showed it take place mostly in a desert.

>Maybe something will actually happen in this mission
>Oh ok nope maybe next one

Literally the entire game for me

When Skullface appeared out of nowhere with no foreshadowing whatsoever and Big Bos- I mean, Venom had nothing to say about it as usual so it totally went under the radar for Kaz and Ocelot. Like, the big bad guy just paid a visit, doesn't this call for some story exposition? Nope.

Also when the mandatory side missions started right after the Kaz was rescued - I mean, this was side mission material in Peace Walker. I knew there'll be less story because Kojima said about fewer cutscenes, but I didn't expect story bits to be that scarce.

>finish Chapter 1
>credits roll
I mean, what the hell?

It shat on the Cobra unit with "parasites, son" the same way MGS4 shat on MGS1/2 paranormal elements that were a cool definiting feature of series. There was no need for explanation.

This has never once limited me. Ever. If I ever ran into the red I just sold a bunch of tanks I'd fultoned over the past few missions.

It does still bother me, though, when I see how much something costs to bring along (particularly if I end up not using smoke grenades or whatever)

Of all the titles for Kojima to pare back the protagonist's identity as an individual and to replace them with someone the player was meant to identify as, MGSV was a bad time to do it.

The premise is focused on a man's descent into disrepute amongst the international community. Who he is, why he is behaving the way he is, etc. are all critical to the narrative. To replace that with a silent protagonist is bizarre.

There are a lot of compounding factors. Narrative in MGS is awkwardly written and tonally haphazard at the best of times. I feel like it was particularly present in this game. The way Ocelot and Kaz attempt to interrogate Huey is bizarre. It's riddled with non-sequitirs, which might have made sense if the game established this was some kind of deliberate interrogation technique. But Huey will blatantly contradict himself or let something slip and they just ignore it. It's fucking weird. I wonder how much nuance and intent is lost in translation from Japanese to English. Maybe the dialogue flows naturally in the native way Kojima had written it.

Venom will be having a conversation about the third child, and when someone mentions that he might be psychic, that's a bridge too far for his skepticism. What the fuck? The man has fought invisible tree hugging spider men, a russian that shoots lightning, a man whose WEAPON IS BEES and psychic powers is too much?

Everything about the game on a narrative level feels scattershot. Kaz is revealed to be blind, perhaps as some kind of physical representation of his blind desire for revenge. An analogy to 1984 is placed in the game in a very heavy handed manner, and then fucks off almost immediately. There's a vague theme of virality - in language and revenge. I'm always left with the feeling that nothing emerges to tie all of these things together.

>1 hour with 0 gameplay intro
>retarded wtf-is-kojima-smoking story
>story grinds to a snails pace once you get to Afghanistan
almost stopped there.

Ground Zeroes was fucking amazing. Why did Kojima fuck up so bad after that? Was it meant to be bad because he hates Konami?

>Implying MGS5 wouldn't have been better if you never played any of the previous games

When I read the spoilers on Sup Forums

>because he hates Konami

People seem to think Kojima is the god of gaming as he once was many years back.
And when MGS5 was released, they either say it is the best game ever in the franchise or they blame Konami while defending Kojima