>Game you loved despite flaws
>Did well on the market at the time
>You'll never see a sequel

What's her name Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k0cHIMAcHAc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The suffering ties that bind.

I just read about it, it sounds pretty neat. I'll have to emulate it later.

It did get a sequel, but it sucked. My second choice would have been the Saboteur.

I miss Pandemic

;_;
i just want more jade empire
also more alpha protocol

Whenever anyone complains about "why do all RPGs have to be generic fantasy!" just point them to this game.

user, we should be glad those games will never get a sequel. Current day Bioware and Obsidian would shit all over them. Just remember them for what they are, be glad they exist, be glad they were made in simpler times, and replay them every now and then.

There was actually a recent interview with Doctors where they talked about planning for a sequel, but circumstances wouldn't allow for it as Mass Effect hit it big and Dragon Age was being worked on.

Yeah, I loved Jade Empire. But I don't want to see a sequel. I wouldn't mind a remake using the Frostbite engine but a sequel means that they have to either choose one of the endings as canon which nullifies all my choices or do the shitty save import thing from Mass Effect that changes only the dialogue and nothing else.

For example, I chose to steal the Heart of the Water Dragon for myself, because I wanted to be Emperor. That kind of ending would be too different from the Noble ending to do a save import situation.

Not to mention I doubt very few people even have their Jade Empire saves left from 11 years ago

Little Big Adventure 2: Twinsen's Odyssey

You can just play it on PC.

Proper Nocturne sequel. No, not the SMT one, Norcturne for PC. First The Blair Witch Project game was sort of a spin-off with Doc Holiday as the main character, but it was an adventure instead.

>love game despite it's flaws
>sold like shit
>ip held hostage by Ubisoft

Dark Messiah
It's a shitty argument but it was just so much fun. Felt like the devs wanted to make the game as fun as possible, nothing else. No bullshit look at muh setpieces/cinematics just fun

Yeah and then the Doctors retired when the y saw how libcucks completely took over the company they built from the ground up

This

>Nocturne

I've literally never heard anyone mention that game before.

Dunno if "did well" counts but some of my favorites are:
>Darksiders Series
>Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
>Brutal Legend

Darksiders will probably get a 3rd/4th game under THQ Nordic so there's that.
FF:CC is dead because poor design choices and never really caring for the series.
Brutal Legend will never get a revamped version that doesn't feel cut short nor a sequel

More Battle Realms. There were some talks about HD remake or something, but it never materialized.

Not even trolling, this game was a masterpiece and we will never see a sequel.

Origin gave this away for free a while ago, still haven't played it. Is it better with a controller?

How is Jade Empire anyways?
It's super cheap on steam right now and I've been told the combat is similar to the kotor series.

I agree, heaps of potential. The future looked bright as fuck back when I first played this.

If only I knew.

youtube.com/watch?v=k0cHIMAcHAc

Good enough, but it's clear Bioware was just experimenting with action games and consoles.

Game is pretty good.
Combat is nothing like KotOR. The rest of the game is pretty similar, though.

Yes. So much better. It's still a bit clumsy, but if you mess with the controls in the options menu it's not too bad.

Just wanna give a shout out to origin for giving this gem away for free

I remember this game. I had a lot of fun with it. Toad Demon and Mirabel where basically all I did though.

Alpha Protocol is easily one of my other top picks for this thread, it's such an interesting concept and while the game was a bit rough at times, like making a stealth character and being forced into a gun fight with the russian dude, the game was gold when you got past some of the jank.

I'm honestly just waiting for someone out there to make a "spiritual successor" because even though I know it will most likely suck, I'm hopeful it will be good,

That game also sounds amazing, I had never heard of it before but now I wish I had.