I bought a ps4pro (I know) for ffxv (i know...

I bought a ps4pro (I know) for ffxv (i know..) but I read a while ago that it's running shitty on ps4pro and a patch wont be available till december 13th or some shit. I can't seem to find any solid/legit info on this, does anyone know the real shit thats going on with this? Any confirmed patches or info at all? I was gonna go out and buy at midnight but I'll wait till december if not
>he bought a pro

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ew0_5fF0WaM
youtube.com/watch?v=LWPJJOXJYCQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I bought a ps4pro

prve it.

its not so hard to believe is it? timestamp didnt show up cos i wrote with a pencil and grimdark room

youtube.com/watch?v=Ew0_5fF0WaM

>ps4pro
>continues to use ps4standard

kek

the Pro suffers from framepacing issues that will hopefully get resolved in a patch. For now it's best to play on the base PS4.

i cba updating it to watch netflix

You can just use the Lightweight mode on a Pro to get identical performance and image quality to the standard version. That mode has no frame pacing problems.

>judgement day demo

so you posted a useless link

youtube.com/watch?v=LWPJJOXJYCQ

there's a video that showcase it. It gets a bit better outside the tutorial, but it's still there. I have no doubt the patch will fix it tho.

disgusting. :( you mean day one patch or the later "WE FIXED EVERYTHING" patch with an unconfirmed date?

Kill yourself, idiot.

Again, you can select the Lightweight mode in the options menu that turns off the Pro features and fixes the frame pacing issue. Clearly shown in this video:

>has professional in the name
>quality is really fucking mediocre and cant upkeep even 30 FPS
i dont know whats the target audience for memestation HD but i dont really see why anybody should buy a pro over basic ps4

It says lightweight mode still has the framepacing issue, and even demonstates it

you fucking "idiot"

It's old news that the Pro performs worse on plenty of games and you still went for it.
You just paid for a console that's worse in every way to the one you already own.

Yeah, i fell for it. I just assumed it'd just bang out smoother/better framerates for all/most games, like how upgrading a graphics card in my fucking PC just improves everything overall

there's a Pro specific patch coming sometimes in december that's aiming for 60fps in light mode. I don't know more than that.

that digital foundry video is from a demo tho, the yt clip I posted is from the retail version...

No it doesn't. Are you literally retarded? Can you not even watch a video and follow along with the information presented to you? It runs identically to the base PS4 version. I don't know why I even bother trying to help you fucking morons.

desu i blocked Sup Forums from my hosts file for the past 12 months so I could get some work done, I haven't actually heard anything about the performance issues until recently. my own fault, but nevermind, i have a lot of money.shit still sucks though

>that digital foundry video is from a demo tho, the yt clip I posted is from the retail version...

THERE IS AN OPTION IN THE MENU THAT YOU CAN CHANGE. THE VIDEO YOU POSTED IS RUNNING IN PRO MODE. CHANGING TO LIGHTWEIGHT MODE CHANGES THE PERFORMANCE OF THE GAME.

I hope the capital letters helped you, retard.

if you have a lot of money, buy me a video game.

watch the fucking 2nd video, it CLEARLY says "ps4 pro LITE MODE" whilst panning the camera, and the frame pacing is there. are you fucking blind or something?

well you are wrong.

the Pro got 2 modes, light and high. The problem is that the framepacing issues is in both modes right now. There is no "pro" mode... on ps4 pro all games run in pro mode and you cant change to base ps4 mode if you think that.

the frame pacing issues are still CLEARLY there even in lite mode you stupid cunt.

I have a lot of money but I don't spend it on user retards sorry

>frame pacing
Who the fuck comes up with this retarded shit?

it has to be called something you stupid gaylord. I only watched the video 4mins ago and the FRAME RATE is a solid 30fps, but the "FRAME PACING" is all fucked up making it look non-fluid. Whatever the fuck you want to call it, it exists, and its not FPS, and it does look shit

frametime or framepacing is actually really important.

Bloodborne runs at an almost locked 30 the entire time, but it still feels kinda shitty because the frametime is off.

>day/month/year

euro-cuck detected

>lowest measure of time to greatest
>Celsius being a thing
Why are euros so much smarter than Americans? M/D/Y makes no fucking sense, along with Fahrenheit. Their heads have been up their asses for centuries and will refuse change at every turn. If you unironically use the imperial system in the 21st century you're actually brain damaged.