Post yfw GTA VI is set in 80s Vice City with synthwave, vaporwave, retro shit, a e s t h e t i c, pink and lightblue...

>post yfw GTA VI is set in 80s Vice City with synthwave, vaporwave, retro shit, a e s t h e t i c, pink and lightblue, win95 style everywhere

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rTfa-9aCTYg
youtube.com/watch?v=FCb3rblTEds
youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE
youtube.com/watch?v=6rp-g7P3Z4U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This would be my face because I love that shit

>GTA VI
it is delayed indefinitely. GTA Online is so successful it makes no sense to waste money on single-player for sequel. Maybe they will release new city for GTA V at some point.

It's outdated. It would need to be toxic waste punk now to be relevant and ahead of the curve.

they'd be better off doing one in Boston. They need to go back to writing stories about criminal underworlds, not meme-tier bullshit.

GTA: The Wire Season 2 plz

>GTAO added tron lightcycles and vehicle battle mode

What a time to be alive

no more meme genres pls

>vaperwave

>only 3 years and a couple months until the 20-teens are over

what the fuck is this decade all about, it feels like just a big mash of nothing

youtube.com/watch?v=rTfa-9aCTYg

tell me with a straight face you like that video

Not that guy but I really don't see what there is to hate, music is cool and the simpsons is awesome

Simpsonwave is the only vaporwave that is good

bart strolling away from the preacher's house after setting it on fire while jamming to some tunes is fantastic

Pop culture has been dead since the 2000's.

Thanks multiculturalism.

the world is dead

Its GTA: Las Ventures. I'm imagining a Oceans Eleven thing because rock star loves pop culture

>tfw no fear and loathing in las vegas gta

Video link?

It has its distinct vibes, but really this was mostly about how splintered the world is to me.

Every numbered GTA is based on the current time period.

What would they call not!Boston?

>Saints Row: Blood Dragon

>Suddenly the main character learns that it is not actually the 80s, he is actually trapped in an advanced computer simulation and the creator just loves the 80s.

They will eat some chowdah down by the harbah

That would be the dumbest shit ever. 80s city Vice City alone would be fine in a modern engine but what you're describing is a shitty OUTRUN memefest that would inevitably become the series' saints row 4.

"you make death a game, an entertainment that can be played in a living room"

people in 60´s werent bad at predicting future´s fun. literally 90% of movies and games are about observation of creative murder

>80's
>win95 style everywhere

Just how underage are you?

>Not posting the ultimate feels one
youtube.com/watch?v=FCb3rblTEds

>characters surrounded by a soft glow
Man I never knew how much I wanted to see that shit until now. It's so humanising & makes me feel all warm inside

Not the music though. The music is uninspiring

>synthwave
not 80s
>vaporwave
not 80s
>retro shit
only if it's from the 80s
>a e s t h e t i c
not 80s
>pink and lightblue
faggot colors, not 80s
>win95
not 80s

kys kiddo

>80's
>win95

Nah just set it in modern Vice City with music stations devoted to that shit. Especially since most of that didn't actually exist in the 80s, vaporwave and 80s digi aesthetic are just a parody of 80s done by people who weren't even cognizant during the era.

Are there many instances of that being for real? I always imagine that was more satire of our increasingly violent entertainment. We still do that same bullshit today. Now with an extra dosage of Voyeurism and Vidya.

>garbage gta 4 recolored logo
>not superior ultra-synthwave logo 5000

>2000-2010 went through tons of change
>2010-present has pretty much been the same

sheeit I hadn't thought of this, but it's really jarring

is our progress in technology slowing down or something? why arent we radically changing anymore?

I somehow doubt we're not radically changing. You're just not really paying attention.

No it will be a sequel to GTA V story.
More of "LUL LIFEINVADERS SO FUNNEH MEMES FUCKING EVERYHWERE"

Am I the only hoping for GTA London?

We've definitely changed. early 00s were like 90s but with increasing technology changing how life works. 9/11 was also a big game changer for how American people viewed the world and their safety. The 201Xs differ from the 00s because of the increased influence of the internet. Internet memes have become normalized. The ironic humor left over from the previous years has gone post-modern and post-post-modern and to a whole new level of bullshit.Alt-right managed to become a movement actually noticed by the media and politicians. Hipster and geek culture have flourished because of the internet. Mass social media like reddit, tumblr , and Sup Forums have become really popular (and responsible for a shitload of deaths now that I think about it).

In what time period? I feel like contemporary London would be a bit shit. 80s could be fun - wheeling & dealing with fools & nauses

> tfw no Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels style game by rockstar
The 90s were comfy

You make some pretty good points I guess. They changes just aren't as in our face as the fashion changes and designs of accessories we use etc. from the decades before.

Suffolk? I dunno

>80s
>windows 95

What was the GTA clone/lock stock game on the ps2 called?

I remember I had to break into a London police station

is it the getaway?

Actually I would prefer it set in MODERN Vice City but with the neo-80s, vaporwave aesthetic shit.

A S T H E T I C

GTA VI
GTA VICE
GTA VI
GTA VR

Modern vice city but with a gang of hipsters millennials dressing up as the 80's because every thing was better then. And all they do is spout memes and their phones show Sup Forums and reddit

youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE

>style

>literally exactly what I want

:S
it will also include naked female statues everywhere

Every single fucking thread

Some fucking retard mentions GTA London, houser has said multiple times they will not do London

It would be shit too

>implying current-gen vice city won't have crazy sculptures and architecture

Dumb faggot

>80s Vice City
>again
its been done before. it was great and everything but I'd rather have something set in a new setting if possible. and if not modern then in like the late 70s or something. 70s San Fierro or whatever the Chicago equivalent in GTA is would be cool.

2011 called

what you want is this

youtube.com/watch?v=6rp-g7P3Z4U

wtf is wrong with that dog

>get into car
>only one radio station
>Floral Shoppe FM
>it's nothing but リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピュー on repeat
>yfw

It has to do a lot with the rise of the Internet. Just a decade or two ago the media was in charge of most culture so they'd push trends with all their might knowing it would stick. If you buy a commercial spot on a few major channels you can have a bunch of retards with pet rocks running around within the hour because everyone watched NBC. Now with the internet it's more people driven and hands on so you have a myriad of trends and subcultures going on at the same time that you can easily filter out if you aren't involved in them.

is that a good or bad thing

>tfw no witch house meme games

>witch house

this is starting to get ridiculous now

I thought it would be kind of cool to have a non linear story telling. Have an 80s vice city and then have it also set 30 years later.

It would follow a new character and you can switch between the time frames like the gta v character switch.

driver san francisco did it

Don't split it like that
2001-2007: post 9/11
2007-present: era of social media

Witch House has been dead for like 3 years, sorry you're behind on the meme genres

what about chillwave

I like that video.

we shitposted a president into office

>we

>we

what part of KKK are you from

They already did the 80's. Why would they go back and do the shame shit all over again? Do you know how I can tell you're underage?

There was an episode of this on black mirror. Pretty OK episode desu

When the vast majority of people look back at history for which they were not alive, they think of two things:
Economics
Politics

The turn of the millennium will be remembered for the wars in the middle east, economic corruption/collapse and reform within the housing market, the government bailout of the auto industry, the transition from TV to internet as the primary means of news, the affordable healthcare act, and the infancy of cyber-security as an industry (right now it is still considered a minor concern by those outside the DoD). Most likely, the 00s will be remembered as the economic downturn decade and the 10s will be remembered as a time of economic prosperity since we've slowly been recovering since 2008. If marijuana is federally descheduled before 2020, this will only get reinforced harder as people will consider it a strong parallel with the great depression and the subsequent end of alcohol prohibition.

Weed, Trump, Isis, memes...

So was he supposed to be autistic? Or was that just Gosling being himself like usual.

>Why would they go back and do the shame shit all over again?

tell me how many gta games have been set in vice city san andreas and liberty city

>the 10s will be remembered as a time of economic prosperity
>with trump in charge

kek'd

We had half that shit in the 90s. Give me something worth a damn.

Maybe a slight future or in the future or more current era? Honestly I don't think 80's would be fun again.

Irrelevant. 1 time is enough. Especially since everybody just wants it for stupid 80's memes.

The only reason why people want it so bad is because kids like the stupid vaporwave meme for some dumb reason. Just go play Blood Dragon for the billionth time and go away. Also every numbered game is always set in modern times now.