Is there any reason not to play the enhanced editions of BG1 and 2 over the original...

Is there any reason not to play the enhanced editions of BG1 and 2 over the original? I assume any shitty new content can just be avoided. I'm talking about the base game itself.

Other urls found in this thread:

tamrielfoundry.com/topic/the-ultimate-baldurs-gate-experience/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't give money to Beamdog, user.

It's one of those cases where the modded base game is actually better than the Enhanced Edition.

Not giving money to Beamdog. The "enhanced" Edition introduces new bugs that the game otherwise didn't have and all the features it brings have been done before by mods and for free, while fixing the existing bugs, aside for the ocdonutsteel characters. Just get EasyTuTu BG.

Whatever you do dont listen to people who say not to play the enhanced edition.

It is better in every way, and mods are also compatible with it.

I'm pirating either way.

Serious bugs? Was this at release or are they still present? Does EE have any advantages? I imagine there has to be something, working better on modern operating systems if nothing else.

People telling you that it introduces new bugs are literally flat out lying.
I understand hating Beamdog for their SJW bullshit but making shit up just to make it seem worse is just full retard.
With that said, there's 0 reason to play originals especially since EEs are compatible with most Weidu mods.

t. beamdog employee

It has fixed most bugs the original release has actually. Just pirate the enhanced edition and you will be good to go.

Bought BG1 EE recently on sale. Feels massively improved compared to classic, which I beat without community patches (it was hell).

>Does EE have any advantages?
It doesn't feel like it's gonna crash to desktop if you click the wrong place like in original.

EE are objectively superior, and have LESS bugs than originals because they tweak many bugs found in the original game that were impossible to fix without access to source code.

Aslo they actually fired their SJW landwhale responsible for the SJW bullshit in the SoD expansion, rewrote that character too.

I still wouldn't give Beamdog money though, just pirate and make sure it's the latest version (2.3).
This applies to both BG1+SoD as well as BG2+ToB.

Install the trilogy mod.

>Aslo they actually fired their SJW landwhale responsible for the SJW bullshit in the SoD expansion, rewrote that character too.

Then they hired Gaider.

Gaider had very little involvement with DA2 and 3, I hope you realize that. But I'm aware of that hence why I told him to pirate because I sure as hell wouldn't want to support Beamdog financially.

I have bought BG2 EE on my android and do not regret it.
Everytime I go for a shit I can slap the shit out of Irenicus, and thats a win

BG1:EE is fine.
BG2:EE, use the version before the fanfiction "expansion"

I wouldn't buy either, considering they've already shat on the legacy of BG with PoE using assets from the scrapped BG3 project and the abomination they tacked onto BG2.

>BG2:EE, use the version before the fanfiction "expansion"
SoD is an expansion for BG1, you can't even shitpost right.

What fanfic expansion are you talking about?

How the fuck did they even fit an entire expansion between two games? You already start over-leveled if you import your BG1 character.

I bought both on the Steam sales.

Did I fuck it up?

You get de-leveled in BG2 as a result of Irenicus' torture and experiments.

The expansion itself is not that long, it's about equally long to ToB, and equally linear.

You did good in getting superior versions of the games but fucked up by giving Beamdog money.

No, as long as you dont buy the new characters then you should be fine
I have both and enjoyed both.
Dont let political agenda judge a game

>buy
Literally all the new content is part of the game.
Don't tell me you're a mobilecuck and actually got jewed?

Fighter/Thief multiclass with grandmastery mod is truly the master race

Don't give them money. Also, there's plenty of bugs in the originals that hasn't been in the EE versions, some of them game-breaking if you play the mobile versions.

Also, retarded engine-limits are still present, that should have been removed, so you at last could mod it better than the originals.

Borderling is the EE versions are not enhanced in any way and is a complete waste of money so far. They need to give it a serious overhaul for it to be an actual definitive version.

Enhanced version alters BG1 ruleset for the worst.

There was a time when it was a very bad idea to play EE over modded original, which was the transition from EE 1.3 to 2.0. Most of the things that were wrong then have been fixed and I currently see little reason to play Tutu or whatever instead of EE especially for a first playthrough.
The default graphical etc. settings are pretty awful though.

bait.tiff

That's just retarded.

Not really.

Even bodybuilders lose all their gains if they don't work out.

>The default graphical etc. settings are pretty awful though.

I'm still trying to understand why they have those HORRENDOUS thick character outlines turned on by default.

At launch (and for a while after SoD's launch) EE was a total mess. Beamdog are fucking awful at getting things right at launch. Right now, though, they're fine.

Kensai/Mage with Simulacrum and Scroll of Magic Protection on you. So broken it's not even fun to play.

>they're fine
If you are fine with 'enhanced' versions being 'fine', then more power to you.

Every time people like you are asked to actually give examples of the boogeyman issues you're talking about you never do, because you're literally shitposting due to being butthurt over Jewdog's political agenda.

Don't bother with the enchanced editions and install this.

tamrielfoundry.com/topic/the-ultimate-baldurs-gate-experience/

Well, excuse me for actually wanting to get my money's worth for re-buying a game I already own.

OP, just go play EE because Sup Forums will never give you honest opinion and will shitpost to death.

I don't get the hate the EE gets. I'm one of the biggest BG fans and I like the improvement.

Is it just the money issue?

It's a cash-grab, nothing more.

One of the new companions has completely optional gay route and the new expansion had a special snowflake transotherskin on launch written by a landwhale (who has been since fired and the character rewritten) which causes Sup Forums to shitpost in every EE thread.

I'd rather pay a few bucks than waste my time installing 500 mods.

Its because most of Sup Forums doesnt actually play them and just parrots what other people say.

>Every BG thread

>EE are shit
>"Play as broken as fuck classes like Kensai / Mage or Cleric / Ranger"
>Nalia is shit
>Anomen is shit
>Viconia is the best cleric

Well excuse me for having a pure class mage who happens to be aligned good and a Cleric Fighter who becomes the unstobbale killing machine with Flail of Ages +5 and Ice Star +4 while having Two Weapons +++.

Go check the steam reviews for BG2, it's a buggy mess

Why would someone play EE when the originals are available?

See
I dont see why it gets the hate it does
Not having the extra content is a big plus

Son it had a shitty launch, read the thread.

It's not like the game has since fucking had 8 major patches or anything.

NOPE

NOT AT ALL

YOU FAGGOTS LITERALLY DON'T EVEN FUCKING PLAY GAMES

JUST PARROT SHIT

BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE

PERMAVIRGIN NECKBEARDS WITH HATEBONER LOOKING FOR THE NEW TORTANIC SHITPOSTING IN EVERY

SINGLE

FUCKING

VIDYA

THREAD

YES I MAD

BECAUSE I ACTUALLY WANT TO TALK ABOUT VIDYA

BUT I CANT

BECAUSE NEO/V/ IS JUST TODDLERS THAT PARROT SHIT WITH A HATEBONER

ToB is fine. It's not as good as BG2, but it's good and it gives the series a satisfying ending.

How many games finish with you becoming a God? (As well as a deadbeat dad)

So all the bugs still present from the original games are considered features?

Morrowind if you play as mage

I kill those new characters. It gives me pleasure.

True. 20 bucks for an old game is a rip-off. To me it's still worth it because they have aged so well and if it means we get more isometric RPGs I can look the other way.

I REALLY want to know the mental gymnastics behind this abhorrent post

Best evil party
>Faggot
>Viconia
>Korgan
>Edwin
>Imoen

>mfw this thread
>mfw EVERY BG/DnD thread on Sup Forums

I'm out

lol SJWs amirite xD

Faggot being who?
Also Baeloth is better than Imoen and the only Sorcerer in the game outside of potentially your char.

There is only a limited amount of things you can say about an old game
Plus most of Sup Forums is retarded contrarians trying to be special

I bought the original version for like $3 on GoG a while back, did I fuck up?

Does Throne of Bhaall enhanced still have shit like infinite magic resistance and greater wish which both fuck up game balance?

Wizards either become summon bots or greater wish cheese machines towards the end of ToB.

But thats the cool thing about baldurs gate, you can create extremely overpowered mages and shit.

Its also what made PoE pretty mediocre, they tried to hard to balance everything that everything was boring.

ToB has always been broken as fuck. Just get 4 Fighters in your party and you are playing it on easy mode. Mages are trash.

>mfw playing as Sorcerer in first ToB playthrough

>Wizards either become summon bots

Does that mean that I can make an army of skeletons?

Wizards were literally unable to damage the last few bosses because of said infinite magic resistance.

You can summon monsters that need a +3 weapon to be able to damage, meaning that the majority of monsters in the expansion can't scratch them. It's amusingly broken.

Imoen has the best romance in the game

>fear
>30 seconds of being able to do nothing while you watch your entire party slowly being whittled down

>fucking up your saves

Don't listen to the faggots, there's literally no reason not to play EE. They are trying to be cool. I have literally 4 different versions of BG1&2 on CDs right there on my shelf and I play EE.

>I'm pirating either way.

Then it's fine. Still, I would wait for the next patch.

or you know play wild mage
all the benefits of being a mage with all the benefits of being a sorcerer

>Aslo they actually fired their SJW landwhale responsible for the SJW bullshit in the SoD expansion

Not only that, they also fired the other writer, another sjw of course, and a couple of sjw staff like the dicklover k'aloree.

>rewrote that character too.

Not yet.

>imoen romance mod always been a meme
>finally finished this year
>it is actually really good
how unexpected
what's so great about sorcerers anyway, besides soloing durag's tower at level 1 solo and all.

Are they still begging for good reviews?

You gave money to cancer so when you see cancer agenda in a game remember that you gave money to them.

who /neutral/ here?

Playing BG2 as Neutral playthrough for the first time. Me as Chaotic Neutral Wild Mage.

Haer Dalis
Cernd
Jan

Jaheira and Anomen don't count. They lean toward Good.

take Jaheria at least for some romance so the part isnt sausage fest

No one likes contemporary events and issues in video games.

It's a shame that the new generation of developers and writers fail to realize this.

The drow society was written very well, and it made sense how such a society could exist due to its isolation from the greater world.

If modern developers had made drow, they would have fucked it up irredeemably no doubt.

wasn't Valygar also neutral? his class is pretty shit though.

Sorcerer is the best class for beginners. Knowing which spell to use requires experience.

Sorcerer on the other lets you to choose the spells. Beginners know only that the most useful spells like Breach, Pierce Magic / Shield and Chaotic Minds. It's basically babby's first mage character, the class.

Do you want to talk about Saerileht then?

Best waifu.

Can I play as a necromancer/summoner in this game?

Conjurer or Totemic Druid.

I dont know if that was really the problem. Of course is not coincidence but for me the kotaku interview and the classic sjw attitude was the main factor.

That and the CM asking anita and jezebel for help...

As long as 5 summons is enough

Is ascension working with EE?

sorcerers are pretty lackluster. You are forced to take 1 AOE nuke and debuffs and you miss out on the joy of choosing your arsenal for a specific encounter

wild mage can get extremely fucky if you're not savescumming
like summoning a pit fiend in a middle of a city by accident-tier fucky

sorcerers shine if there's another, support-oriented caster in your group like Aerie
so he can concentrate on pure offense and shit so many spells only wild mage can compete and only if dweomer won't gender swap you and kill all your party

summoner cap can be removed, as can the trap cap, and so on.
the tweak pack has you covered.
they didn't want to continue the legacy of baldur's gate, they wanted to remake the story in their image.
people with no real merits in their field attempting to remake a game in their own image, what could go wrong, especially when they take a hard line approach instead of being pragmatic.

Yes, look at the official forum. There is some beta but functional version.

aerie is only good for one thing, and that isn't fighting

>like Aerie

Jan is more versatile, and fun too.

What are some must have mods for this the first game?

but Aerie is caring and knows priest spells

>There were A LOT
>O-okay, maybe not A LOT, but still, c'mon. C'MON.

Not like you can cast any spells in Athkatla without paying the jew wizards anyway

>tfw thinking of BG2 Thief solo playthrough

Is it possible without spamming traps? I have wide knowledge of spells and I can always steal them.

aerie is cleric/mage, this is VERY hard to beat as far as effectiveness goes