Nu-Doom has so few enemies on the screen, original threw entire hordes at you!

>nu-Doom has so few enemies on the screen, original threw entire hordes at you!

this is exactly why nostalgiafags who don't even remember original game and go ''I-I swear it was like 40 of them in that room!'' shouldn't be taken seriously

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HJcf0aOwmiA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think it has more to do with a lot of enemies being already in their placements and less being spawned out of nowhere, this is also why the Archville was replaced with the summoner

lick my anus

>secret map
>from fucking Plutonia no less
>using brutal doom

woah truly shows the might of Ultimate Doom

Original Dooms could be so full of enemies, it's hard to take a good screenshots without the screen being covered in a single sprite.

The fact that nu-Duum does not even have mere Pinkie packs or walls of Lost Souls is good enough evidence for my case.

Only retards and Sup Forumsposters (but I repeat myself) dislike DOOM.

Sometimes I wish it was something more surreal and atmospheric like playing a Bekzinski painting, but then I remember Doom was always about semi-edgy GUNPUNCH THE DEMONS stuff and it wouldn't be as fast or fun any other way.

>imps and pinkies on the screen
>fucking invulnerability orb in case it wasn't easy enough

truly Doom is the game for the most hardcore of gamers also
>10
>full

Doom 2 (the better game) has more enemies on screen at a time. It's just /vr/ memers jerking off to Episode 1 that started this meme.

>entire maps could have hundreds of enemies, dozens in a single room alone
>not at any point were you confined into a single room, so you could end up aggroing and kiting numerous enemies to other areas
>result: hundreds of enemies behind your ass
shit gets hectic if there's a few Pain Elementals in the area. The end fight of Doom 64 was also one gigantic clusterfuck of demons without the keys.

>"I've never played the game, so let me shitpost even more!"

>hundreds of enemies

no Doom map has more than 128

That still counts, silly boy.
And it's around 10 times more than what nu-Duum has on any maps at single time.

Nice job openly admitting you never got more than a couple levels into Doom 2.

What are you doing OP?

>Nu-Something/Nu-fun

What is this meme and where did it come from?
Why is it not Neo-fun, as in like Neo-Sup Forums? Is it satirical or is it serious?

But I don't want dogshit framerate

OP is only vexed about Doom 1 and won't address the future games.

Thread is about Ultimate Doom retard but ok let's look at the hardcore Rambo moments from Doom 2

oh wait that's right every time the game throws more than 5 enemies at the player it also gives invulnerability sphere so you kill them in god mode like a hardcore gamer you are

ok guys this might sound bad but

what if

we let people enjoy games without yelling "WRONG" at them

OP also has never played the game on Ultra Violence.

And it's seriously tough to line up all these enemies into single picture at times.

God it's like you want me to just type my original post again. Oh no wait, you're not playing on ultra-violence are you. Right.

But no, go ahead and pretend like you actually play on Nightmare. Go ahead.

>8 enemies

woah they filled the screen like in Serious Sam! I can't imagine how people could fight those armies I think people who finished Doom on highest difficulty should join special forces.

>le highest difficulty makes the game actually challenging meme

COD is fucking hardcore as well right? Also this user showed the might and grit that UV is.

Then what would we post about?
You're fucking retarded.

Ultra-Violence isn't the highest difficulty, but good job at proving everyone else's point.

If you aren't playing Doom on Ultra-Violence then you aren't getting the intended experience. That has been an accepted thing for over 20 years now, kid.

Instead of shitposting and not being able to read, you could just go play the games on UV and then try to claim nuDuum is anything like it, be it gameplay or enemy density-wise.

How the fuck are we going to sleep at night when SO MANY PEOPLE ARE WRONG OUT THERE

This isn't DOOM 3. You're confusing that with nuDoom.

WRONG

>UV
>not highest difficulty

But it is. Even speedrunners play on UV because Nightmare is a fucking gimmick mode not actual difficulty for beating the game. Also PSX version didn't even have Nightmare and that's the one I grew up with.

>that tiny band
>a challenging horde of darkness totally unlike modern shooters!
>they already infight before the actual fight starts

truly the game of wits and skill also
>playing on god mode

>let me PRETEND that Nightmare does not exist!
>even more so since the butchered console port I owned did not have it!
Great! Now lets make things even MORE interesting by making the GBA port the definitive version!

>implying that's even half of the foes in the room
>implying you can see what's behind me
>implying just a single closet surprise in D1 & 2 can't have more enemies at once than an entire map of nuDuum
>implying you're not just a ZeniMax shiller

Pinkies and almost every pther enemy are incredibly more powerful. Three pinkies alone are a great challenge with just even five enemies on top of them, its balanced differently. If you cant realize that and are solely caught up on a number, you're retarded.

PSX port shits all over PC one and that's a fact
>better lighting
>better audio
>better final level

>IDDQD and IDKFA

wow you are a hardcore gamer

yeah, that's the same bullshit excuse they used for Quake 1 in 1997, just because tech couldn't show more enemies at once back then.

It does not help that the nuDuum literally locks you into those endless, tiny combat arenas, so there's zero exploration or enemy encounters to be done while fighting.

>better lighting
color filters do not make anything better
>better audio
Does not fit the game at all.
They used the same audio and style in D64, where it actually fit the style.
>better final level
nuh-uh.
Also, let's not forget the GREATLY simplified map geometry, missing textures, and horrible framerate.

You go snap us some good pack shots without codes, my boy.

>blurred sprites

>good pack shots

I can't there are none in the game to begin with also since when making a screenshot of idle enemies requires god mode and all weapons cheats?

>hating original doom

Is this a special new level of hipsterism?

>Ultra-Violence isn't the highest difficulty, but good job at proving everyone else's point.
The original game is designed around three balanced difficulty levels: Easy, Medium, Hard.
Before release they added a game journalist difficulty, which is the same as Easy, but doubles health and ammo pickups.
Nightmare is also just an unbalanced variation of the Hard difficulty with respawning and faster moving enemies. It wasn't in the initial release, it got added by the multiplayer patch later.
In Doom3 Nightmware isn't available until you beat the game.

>I can't there are none in the game to begin with
Uh huh. Keep saying you that.

>idle enemies
you're blind as well, I see.

this is the transitionary phase the art form has to go through where people have to shit on old stuff for no reason

Enemies in classic Dooms are much more dangerous. One hit from a rocket or a chaingun - you're fucked. So you had to kill them one by one, avoiding melee enemies, projectiles and hitscan. That's why managing enemies using level geometry is fun, since every enemy is unique in its approach. On one hand, you can't just run into a room full of chaingunners or you'll get shot in one second. On the other hand, standing in one place means death when dealing with revenants. And while pinkies are not particularly dangerous, they can corner you and tank yoy to death thanks to sheer numbers.

The reason is old stuff is shit. I know you're the kind of guy who says ''that wooden club is so much better than a this brand new shotgun as it's less casual!'' but the fact is - newer is always better that's why we don't live in straw huts anymore.

I like both old Dooms and nuDoom and I also don't have problem with Brutal Doom though I didn't play it much
Can't we just make peace?

Pinkies can't do shit because you can painlock them with a chainsaw.

>better final level
You lost me there

>it's TWO spider masterminds!!

I like what the PSX Doom TC did for its Lost Levels (adds the levels PSX Doom was missing in PSX Doom's style) where it combined the final levels from both Final Dooms and then ending in Doom 2's final level

>all this fallacy shit

Not better framerate though that's for sure

>10fps physics
All my keks
At least there's the PSX TC for PC

New games have the potential to be better due to technology but often aren't. This isn't a case of newer is always better. Mafia 3 and No man's sky or anything by EA are absolute dogshit but they're new so they must be better right?

Mafia is a shit series to begin with.

You can do that with basically everyone with chainsaw or with fists, if timed correctly. I remember killinf Hell Knight with only fists. Many saves and loads were made, though.

you made NOTHER FUCKING THREAD whining about the same fucking shit?

literally how assblasted can you even fucking be?

You can only reliably stunlock up to and including the Cacodemon with the chainsaw

Hell Knights and Barons will fuck you up and punch off your jaw if you try

Kinda proves Doom is easy doesn't it?

Christ, play the game on Nightmare if you want hard. There's other difficulties, you know?

It wasn't just pressing ctrl, but rather a box match. Rhythmical forwards-backwards movement.

Nightmare is a garbage difficulty that defeats the very purpose of FPS games which is to kill shit.

Nu-DOOM had:

>scripted arena areas such as in halo
>less enemies to fight at once
>bodies disappear

Now this isn't particularly solid reasons to fault the game since due to technological limitations some of its faults are unavoidable but don't act like some sort of clown now OP. You know you are baiting here.

I was talking about 1vs1 situation, which you're almost never in.

The same people that think Doom was just "HORDES OF HORDES OF ENEMIES WOW WHOA" are the same people that think Hard Reset or Shadow Warrior are "old school FPS" games.

You'll just get a snotball to the face instead if you back off.

Chainsawing barons and knights is a dangerous game. I bid you to try it again and see how it turns out. It's nowhere near the ease of chainsawing pinkies, because they simply aren't stunlocked

Killing them with a chainsaw doesn't mean you stunlock them. Only about 1 in 3 or less chainsaw hits will cause a stun

>scripted arena

just like Doom 2 in Dead Simple

>mfw I'm playing nuDOOM and having a lot of fun
I just want to shoot, rip and tear the demons. And nuDOOM delivers exactly that.

Arenas are built up to through pacing, there is plenty going on outside of them. My perception is thats also a "bullshit excuse" from people who don't like the game and selectively get out of the levels what they want, in this case just negativity. I gave you the factual explanation. A pinky doesn't just die from one super shotgun blast, they are factually much more complex enemies now. If you dont look at it from a gameplay perspective and instead all you see is
>HURR ITS JUST A STUPID TECHINCAL LIMITATION THERE SHOULD BE A MILLION PINKIES
then thats your own weir cynical view that wont be changed no matter what anyone tells you and thus conversing about this is pretty pointless. I look at it from a gameplay mechanics perspective and it makes sense and works. What's even better is those arenas are fantastic, I don't write them off on their premise alone like somehow the very idea of a combat arena is a bad thing. Enemies dont just stand around like they used to, they flank and chase, thats why the arenas work so well. I love the game myself, this conversation is just as pointless for me because nothing you say will make me dislike it.

>>less enemies to fight at once
rarely will they throw more than 16 enemies at you at once which is the doom 4 cap

All of that is true if not even more true for new Doom except for hitscan enemies. Pinkies are even deadlier if anything because they can destroy you in one hit even with decent health and you cant just blast them in one hit from the front. Each enemy is more mobile, has more moves, and does more damage in new Doom. Except for the Mancubus each enemy is more deadly in some way.

That and enemies can actually lead their aim. In the old "so hardcore" doom as long as you keep strafing youre basically invulnerable

>Nightmare is a garbage difficulty that defeats the very purpose of FPS games which is to kill shit.
Nightmare is a joke game mode added in a later patch, porting some of the new multiplayer features over to single player.
Millennials don't know this, because they never ever saw the initial release.

what is it with millenials acting like Doom and Doom 2 are seperate games?

the coolest map in the orignal game is e4m2 and there aren't even that many enemies in it

you're forced to fight and explore at the same time and the whole map is the arena, not just tiny boring little segments

because they are
doom 2 has a lot more enemy types and rectangular prisms

>e4m2
This thing is a fucking unbalanced nightmare with a cyberdemon at the end. This should have been E4M8, not E4M2.

It also has a lot uglier maps.

DOOM II is an expansion for DOOM, without the requirement to own the base game.

>muh millenial bogeyman

Every older generation blames the younger generation

This is true as well, people seriously call the combat shit here. I wonder what games they actually enjoy playing and consider have good combat.

it wouldn't work as the last map

e4m2 is one of the few non-fanmade maps where the cacodemon can actually do its job properly (eating up space and putting pressure on the player)

you should try doing a pistol start for e4m2, it makes the map way more fun. trust me on this, it sounds backwards but its true

Doom is the most casual game ever made
>aimbot
>ammo EVERYWHERE
>invulnerability spheres in toughest encounters
>RNG guns

if e4m2 were the last map in the episode instead, you would have the firepower to kill all the monsters when you first see them

which defeats the entire point of the map

No its not, there are even more casual games and you're just taking it's popularity and using that to amplify your pretend hate.

You're definitely a millenial because Doom 1 and 2 are separate games. It was not uncommon to make sequels on the same engine in the '80s and '90s. Just look at all the gold box games.

>pretend

Nice assumption but if I could kill Romero I would.

>he can't beat MAP30

lol now you're just a self parody

The game isn't even really 3d.

>he hasn't played doom 2

>In the old "so hardcore" doom as long as you keep strafing youre basically invulnerable
I enjoy the "challenge" of the Invasion maps when I played through Skulltag (rip) but that's an accurate take on how it plays. Fugg. :DDD

yeah keep strafing at 200mph without hitting a wall

Doom 2 was garbage.

Oh right speaking of Skulltag what's the big client everyone is using to play Invasion these days anyway

>In the old "so hardcore" doom as long as you keep strafing youre basically invulnerable
He doesn't know that "strafing" wasn't in the original release and patched in later for multiplayer.

>not calling neo-Sup Forums nu-Sup Forums nowadays
Get on with the times, famiglia.

Do you lack spatial awareness?

Fuck. I was going to post this in the "What should D44M's sequel be named?" thread but it 404'd.

I'll just leave it here.

Anyone got that video on how to kill things in Doom 2? You know the one.