Doom sucks

Doom sucks
>IT'S SO FAST DUDE
too bad most maps are so fucking cramped they discourage fast movement
>IT WAS SO HARDCORE

the game is pitifuly fucking easy because majority of the time you fight Imps, Sergeants (both of which die from one shotgun blast) and pinkies who are not a real threat in fact the only dangerous enemies - Revenants and Chaingunners were introduced in the sequel not to mention the game is filled with RNG which people conviniently forget (shotgun spread, rockets can deal between 20 to 160 damage, bullets deal between 5 to 15). People should take off their nostalgia goggles and actually replay the fucking thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W2RiIQOaqoA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The COD of the 70s

Neat. It's fast as you don't wait for cutscenes, stories or friendly AI progression. You just boot the game and go. The guns are nice and it's a fun deviation from modern FPS. Also gameplay mods and map packs if vanilla isn't good enough for you.

Shit thread but play Scythe. Vanilla Doom levels are way too easy nowadays. Memento Mori is also cool.

No shit. That's what brutal doom fixes.

>gameplay mods

like ebin Demonsteele right? The most popular Doom mods are the ones that change Doom into completly different game. I wonder why.

>map packs

oh yeah like the classic Alien Vendetta or Hell Revealed with it's genius ''get trapped in a square room with 60 Revenants'' level design

>it's a millennial talks about videogames thread

kek. kill yourself.

Its pretty good for a game thats older than you are user
Personally enjoyed brutal doom more than original, havent really played around with the wads tho

lel
play it on ultra violence kid
you will learn to not gobble up all the ammo and health like its the COCKS you love so much

But will you admit that the new DOOM isn't actually very similar to it?

>play old doom
>disgusting graphics
>no vertical aiming
>stupid artificial difficulty like hiding guns and ambushes
>need to look everywhere for a hidden button to go to next area

What a boring piece of shit. D44M thankfully fixed all that and made it more badass with the melee kills.

>greatest fps of all time
>you don't even have to aim
Doom is a fucking meme

Calm down nigger, what crawled up your ass?
Did some older dudes laugh at you when you told them you love halo or what?

>I-It's challenging on highest difficulty! (well second highest but no one plays Nightmare anyway)

by that logic COD is hardcore because Veteran exists kill yourself
>sequel of 23 years old game should be similar
yes I wish DOOM 2016 had MIDI soundtrack, 4 enemies per room and only three viable guns

>the 70s

Doom didn't exist in the 70s... FPSs were just starting to become a potential idea...

>People should take off their nostalgia goggles and actually replay the fucking thing.
I re-play it every year since 1993. It's still great and I still find new secrets.
BTW: All those mods trying to make the perfect gameplay 00s/10s "cool" suck, and this is the main reason, why NuDood sucks, too.

>It's still great and I still find new secrets.
>Played for 23 years and still haven't found all the secrets

So you're ignoring high difficulty but complaining about it being easy? Fuck off

also I know it'd hurt our street cred to admit, but COD is a hardcore franchise, mechanically. It's just so many people play it that it's considered casualbabby shit

Quake is better.

>COD is a hardcore franchise, mechanically

yeah it's a lot like Doom - guns have no recoil and take no skill to use but you have to reload them so it adds the depth average Doom fan can't comprehend

This is how it's supposed to be, retard. Secrets increase the replay value.

I'm emphatizing the time your retarded is taking to find all the secrets

>No shit. That's what brutal doom fixes.
Brutal doom is shit and so are you.

I play Zdoom regularly its still as good as I remember I played the new D44M as well and its good buts its not fucking DOOM.

You are a troll and I;ve been had otherwise you are probably seriously brain damaged and should get a ct scan and your soonest opportunity

Shut up old man. Your opinions are outdated and so are you.

Quake 3 Arena is pretty much the pinnacle of competetive skill in shooters and the guns don't have recoil and dont need reloading.

And of course guns in COD take skill to use, they're just in a slower game with bigger targets and more emphasis on machine gun spray so everything is easier. It fits thematically

>the game is filled with RNG
>said like that's a bad thing

I wish you "unpredictability makes me feel uncomfortable and I can't deal with situations I cannot script out in my head in advance" autists would just die and stop shitting up video games. Fuck off if you need a "safe-space" where your stunted brains won't be upset.

>its not fucking Doom

of course it isn't nu-Doom is actually fun which can be said for 1993 garbage

>mfw playing through Doom2 Reloaded with D4D

Go play your fucking halo you dumb underage. Stop complaining about a game your parents are too young to play.

>buyers remorse after buying the most recent TES: Now with guns on mars edition

Joke

Your head

When did ironic shitposting and falseflagging get this out of hand? And more importantly, why?

>fun
You should stop using buzzword you dogfucking faggot

Glad an old useless fuck like you is going to die before I do. You old shits have no standards and taste.

>muh nostalgia!

Get fucked and die already, nobody wants to hear your old ass opinions about """ the good ol days """""

>mfw i read op

Spot the shitter.

You don't even know that UV isn't the hardest difficulty.

Halo takes more skill than Doom that's for sure.

I'll have fun while you play DLC QUEST 7 faggot.

>Threads are made by the second
>Only way to get (you)'s and responses in threads is to shitpost in such ways you get others to post back, ether positive or negative.
because Sup Forums is so fucking fast, its the only way to keep a thread up and active.

>Blizzard shit eater telling anybody else on the planet that they have shit taste/standards

Sup Forums shitposters make me feel as if I was the only person who likes both the old and new Doom games

I bet you play the game on easy too because that makes it more fun too. Yeah its a fun modern shooter which is pretty fucking rare now. That doesn't make it good its still pretty shit in comparison to original doom maybe if doom wasn't fucking older than you are you could see that.

But instead you too busy blowing dogs for quarters

I will. While your old wrinkly ass cries >much current industry and forced dlc and microtransactions!

Yeah cause overwatch is a better game than your old piece of shit games.

>Faggot can't even green text
Now I know you're underaged. (^:

And what makes a good FPS game? Since you're an expert surely you can tell.

Nobody wants to hear some little shit ramble on about the newest fucking fad, you still playing pokemon go you fucking casual nigger loving scrub kill yourself but not before you do your family first faggot

>I'm eating shit, haha get trolled
I like how you didn't even try and defend the shitshow that is the modern gaming industry.

Isn't it past your bedtime?

Don't worry, I love both too.

>mfw someone makes a snapmap with these fuckers on 1000% health and 1000% damage

Probably everyone who played Doom back in the day when it released still likes it and understands where its weaknesses came from.
New Doom is a good game in singleplayer but a lot of people are buttblasted about the fact that a) it didn't just carbon copy q3 multiplayer into it and b) on top of that made it Doom of Duty MP with additional jew content.

Is this the new Barneyfag?

Yeah multi sucks but that is no reason for the entire game to be dragged down.

I feel I am the only person that enjoys Snapmap despite the lack of modding potential.

You either get
>slow cramped but fast moving fps with modding tools and user content

or

>scripted linear with no exploration, slow movement, and no user content

Honestly I like having both other than the no user content for the latter point.

I like both. The new game's arena based design doesn't appeal to people who like old Doom for the labyrinth maps though.

This is all stupid. Go play games instead of shitposting OP. Also, complain if you ever completed DOOM.
It's fun but since you are an underage
contrarian who only likes to take shit in his mouth instead of playing almost everything I advise you to kill
yourself. Good night.

movement and Control, usually very fast as well

levels, single player and multiplayer

Combat

Weapons

no gay shit

Vanilla DOOM is admittingly kinda boring to play now. Luckily DOOM is one of the most modded games in history.

>Yeah cause overwatch is a better game than your old piece of shit games.

Overwatch is literally babbies first shooter you need to be older than 18 to post here

The weird thing is, if they just would have taken everything from singleplayer and put it into MP maps, the MP would have been way better - a little bit unbalanced and with a few meta skill combinations but 100 times more fun.
I think they wanted muh esports guys and failed getting anyone instead.

>levels
>combat
>weapons
>no gay shit

so every FPS game ever made is a masterpiece

I like both well enough but shitpost is too fun you fucking homosexual

The labirynth maps were the only thing I disliked about the original Doom, actually. I hated wasting time trying to find the way when I could be fucking shit up.

>Vanilla DOOM is admittingly kinda boring to play now.
It isn't.

You fucking idiots, OP wanted a Doom thread not a thread about a bunch of faggots complaining about a bunch of faggots

>Love new doom
>Hate old doom

fuck OP hes a fucking fag

what mods and wads have you been playan?

i finished No Rest For The Living with Johnny Doom and left my Plutonia 2 playthough on hold to check out the newest D4D and i have to admit its pretty fucking good

>Vanilla DOOM is admittingly kinda boring to play now.

Not really. The gameplay is literally flawless.

There are a lot more map packs than those two you know

>exploring is bad
>I suck at navigating 3D environments
So you are the lowest common denominator publishers now pander to?

It is. It fucking sucks the maps are the size of my closet, the encounters are easy and boring, the music is garbage, fireblu is the worst texture in history of mankind.

you forgot the last part clearly because you were too busy guzzling your fathers cum.

I said no gay shit which all modern shooters are full of faggot try again

What is this??

i only play map packs with vanilla gameplay.
been doing so for the last two decades on and off.

doom is the perfect game as it is, and it feels good to have a comfort game that will never let me down.

>the music is garbage
The fuck is wrong with you, aside from the other blasphemy the music is bad, its objectively not and you should have your ability to hear removed

>WAAH START LIKING WHAT I LIKE RIGHT FUCKING NOW WAAAH

sure it was great on release but stop defending a pseudo 3d game with floaty movement, clunky aiming and enemies who cant lead for shit.

>if I throw buzzwords maybe he will forget I have no arguments!

nah and original Doom is an abomination

>the game is pitifuly fucking easy

>not playing on Nightmare Mode

I'm in the middle

The gameplay is great
But the maps are just boring now

Thankfully there's so many fantastic megawads out there that bring vanilla gameplay to its fullest potential

>too bad most maps are so fucking cramped they discourage fast movement
Translation: your underage ass is too casual to use the environment effectively

>the game is pitifuly fucking easy...
demonstrates you don't understand the concept of a difficulty curve

Post a FPS you consider better and I will explain why Doom is superior

youtube.com/watch?v=W2RiIQOaqoA

so climatic and badass! Woah I can't even

the RNG isn't fundamentally gay in DOOM.
but you wouldn't understand nuance would you?
Or even how systems fit together or anything you faggot.

Half Life

It's none of this. Doom fans are the same as Golden eye 64 fans. The games are mediocre and were only popular in the day because people didn't have other games to raise their standards. Enjoy your nostalgia

>Maybe I can pretend to be smart so people won't think I'm retarded

Doom is still better than any modern shit released and calling it an abomination won't change that. Anymore than calling you a straight man will make you stop sucking cock

I suppose it still has a healthy community of modders and map creators because of nostalgia and nothing else as well. Those poor people aren't actually having fun at all!

Doom is shit any any faggot who defends it is an old useless fuck who has rose tinted glasses.

t.19 year old whose recently played it. It fucking sucks and is boring as shit.

They were popular because they are good, modern games suck cock and are dumbed down for faggots like you.

maybe you need to smoke a few joints to see why that song is masterpiece and accept that your opinion on music is objectively wrong

yea, doom is all about nostalgia! It's not about the fact that it's a correctly designed game with good enemy designs, good movement physics and satisfying shooting.

Literally modern game devs can't even do the basic shit correctly and doom actually does it correctly. It's fucking insane how the basic gameplay that doom set out has actually been made simpler in modern games somehow despite superior technology. Like yes, there's technically more content in most of these games but movement simply doesn't matter because of the way shit works. It's so unbelievably stupid.

>raise their standards.
=Maybe you should stop sucking triple As cock. I bet you buy DLC too HAHAHAHAHAH YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

So what's with the sudden influx of Doom hate threads? Is it just to troll?

I don't get D44M's total hard on for Reverents. I always considered the cacodemon to be the big iconic demon design, but I guess agitating skeletons make the big bucks.

>yea, doom is all about nostalgia!

Glad to see you finally get it to your thick skull. Modern warfare 2 multiplayer is better than that crap.

>t.19 year old
You missed out on the entire race to the peak of Western culture. You're just watching everything coming down, but you can't know better.
I don't envy you.

Unreal is better

>dude weed lmao xD

if the music is only enjoyable if someone is intoxicated then it's shit

>good enemy designs
Imps, Barons, Knights and Cacos all serve the same fucking purpose so do Sergeants and Chaingun guys except one has higher DPS

raped u lol.