> 2016
> still no successor to this game
Why?

>Super Mario Bros. 5 never ever

There are numerous ROMhacks that can easily serve as successors and are probably better than anything Nu-Nintendo would shit out anyway.

3D World
NSMBU

NSMB

>a game you can literally code from within the game

It's like Super Mario Maker... you can make your own content so there is no need for a sequel.

Plus there are already enough platformers, in the year 2016 people would only play something like that for nostalgia, it's not like that genre is relevant anymore.

Actually, 3D World is more Super Mario Bros 2
New Super Mario Bros U still stands though.

>NSMBU

Just because they're not called the same name doesnt meant they're not successors

all the new super mario games are SMW successors

shit tier argument, plenty of new platformers still sell.

"if it'snot 3d it's bad" is the sign of a pleb in gaming

Umm?

It got bested by NSMBU. Seriously, go play it; don't let the "generic" art style fool you, it is a gem of a game.

>Connected World map
>Same level naming theme (Food)
>Soda Jungle's forest pretty much being the Forest of Illusion, complete with looping exits
>Ghost Ship
>Gliding power-up
>emphasis on Baby Yoshis, which were a thing primarily in SMW
>Superstar Road being a shoutout to Star Road.
But yeah buddy, NSMBU is in no way a throwback/successor to Super Mario World.

>"Plenty of new [2d] platformers still sell"

Name one.

Nu-Rayman

NSMBU is the most World like game in the series, and damn solid too. Too bad it has the fucking NSMB aesthetics, I hate those BWOOPs.

>3 copies of Rayman Origins sold

That's not even true

God, NSMB felt like it was a bit of a downgrade, new, back on the DS. Compared to this.

Now? Just seeing the letters "NSMB" is grating.

Yeah, probably too many.

The first game seemed like it was channeling SMB1 a lot. I heard that it was originally going to be a remake of Super Mario Bros Deluxe (the SMB1 game on the game boy color). It doesn't help that the environments of the games felt the same until NSMBU.

instead of admiting your opinion was retarded you tried to carry this on

hold the L user

What a dissapointing sequel.

That's an odd way of saying the best game ever made

How did Sup Forums feel about this game?

I was pleasantly surprised.

Are you kidding?

What does "sell" entail for you?

Hell, I mean, look at Super Mario Maker. Completely structured to maximally suck SMB1's cock. No map maker, no slopes, not enough backgrounds, none of the things that have made up SMB3 and onwards.

I liked it. The emotions were a interesting concept that made it stand out a bit

This is probably the dumbest post I have read on Sup Forums this whole month.

If you're merely pretending, user, you're doing really well.

NSMBU is great but I wish they'd bring back the ability to throw blocks and shells upward. Also, bring back the cape.

Don't forget how coursebot/Super Mario Challenge divides Worlds into 4 stages.
Just like the first game.

It let me know that peach is actually far stronger and skilled than Mario.

I enjoyed it.

The concept was not polished enough for me to try.

Absolutely willing to give one a shot, though. Man, make a SPP2 that's marketed that it plays like SPP/SMB2USA with Daisy, and we'd have a deal.

YEAH, THAT TOO
THAT BULLSHIT
For the brief time that I made my own SMW (didn't get far), I was starting new worlds on new rows.

I enjoyed it quite a bit.
The only thing I felt disappointed by was when I realized that it was the same engine the Wario games are on and we got this instead of another Wario platformer.
With that aside, it's still pretty good. I loved it.

Passable on its own.
Taking in consideration Japanese boxart makes it a sequel to the ACTUAL best game ever made, makes it not only absolute garbage.
It puts it in the pantheon of worst sequels ever made.

NSMBW is the successor to SMB3/World.

Eh, NSMBU is better.

If NSMBU weren't such an egregious copypaste of NSMBWii, maybe.

Boring and too easy

I liked NSMBU, I wouldn't exactly say it's better. Still liked the exploration in World better.

You think? I found the level design in U to be a big step up.

>NSMB
>wall jumping
>double jump
>not sprite-based
>successor to mario world

>wall jumping
>double jump
Yes? What else would you really add to a Mario sequel after World in terms of moveset?

>not sprite-based
Or do you just want a romhack instead of an actual successor?

He wants king of fighters 13 tier sprites

Aside from music and visuals, NSMBU is superior to World in every way.

>being too dumb to understand why wall jumping changes the game
>being too dumb to understand sprites can be used in modern games without rom hacks

SMW is the successor to SM3 and the spin jump and Yoshi changed a lot. I don't see why the next successor shouldn't change anything equally.

Shovel knight

spin jump just breaks blocks blow you, it doesnt let you cling to walls and jum further.
yoshi is a powerup that you don't always have
you dont understand a thing about game design

>no cape
Nah

Op, assuming you are not a shitposter and actually care about SMW, i recomend you to check TSRPR.
its a hack, and its fantastic, and the closest you will ever see to a sequel.

the idea of SMW is to explore a big world and a great sense of discovery, like, even to the point of finding worlds inside worlds and secrets inside secrets.

its a fantastic game, and none of those games have that.
not to say they are bad, but they are nothing like SMW.

Well, Super Mario Bros. WAS the best selling video game of all time for over 20 years.

>romhack
>good

Funny joke. I've played all of the "big name" romhacks and every single one of them just makes me wish I was playing the original game instead.

Romhackers need to stick to translation projects and bugfixes.

Because Nintendo decided to cater to nugamer idiots in the mid-90s with shitty 3d platformers instead for a new influx of non-gamer morons that basically destroyed gaming.

>exposing a secret block
Dropped, thanks for the spoilers asswipe

>playing romhacks
>expecting actual new and entire games

they are about enjoy the same adventure where you left, continuing the journey.
if you dont like that, they are not for you.

All jokes and memes aside, the Mario series died with the Nintendo 64, same with Zelda. Mario didn't work in 3D, so all the progress of the previous games was thrown out the window.

> J
Careful

Not a sequel. In Japan it was only known as Super Mario Yoshis Island. Not Mario World 2.

THEN GO BACK TO YER GOOKS IF YOU CAN'T READ THE AMERICAN TITLE

It doesn't just let you break blocks, it also allows you to jump on just about any enemy in the game without getting harmed.