What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Deathwing?

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Deathwing?
I bought it earlier and played for about 70 minutes before being fairly unsure if I wanted to keep it. I know it's in a beta but the general consensus appears to be "There's no way they're fixing everything in 2 weeks." The lack of persistent leveling irks me, the battles seem kind of buggy, and the terminators feel pretty squishy. Also no in game chat of any kind except set voice commands is kind of shit in any multiplayer game, especially an fps survival game.

What do you's guys think? I'm on the fence about canceling my refund.

I like it assault cannon is FUN. Can't really say till the whole game is out though. Might just wait till then

If you got a group of friends to play with and mic up with, it's fun.

A lot of the stuff seemed easy enough to fix. The little glitches and such. Idk about the optimization though.

I never seem to join a game at the class selection screen and usually am stuck with assault cannon. It is fun but I would like to try the others once in a while.

You can change class by pressing i.

I tried to explain this to 3 assault cannon dudes but they didn't catch on and all died

I have the opposite problem. I always want to ASS CANNON but I always find myself as the medic

This is useful information. There's still no in game voice chat though, right?

No

I wanted to play Librarian but always have to be Apoth to babysit idiots

too bad the assault canon has the same effective range as throwing your shoe.

Someone who understands my pain. I wanna have use the thunder hammer, but I'm always baby sitting retards who dont understand the healing drill has a cooldown of 13 seconds.

Ah fuck it, I guess I'll just keep it and regret it later. I'm too bored and need something to play even if its buggy and I get booted from any game that seems to be doing well.
(I'd rather be a Blood Angel though)

It's a buggy mess but I love it

the game comes on the 9th, and after that you have the 2 weeks to get a refund.

You'll probably be able to play as blood angels tho If the game is as mod friendly as the devs say it is

so start learning how to make shit for UE4

Space Hulk has always been kind of weird in that terminator armour doesn't really give you any advantage against genestealers.

I thought after 2 hours of playing you can't get a refund

I think the real problem might be the lack of diversity in weapons and classes.

Then theres the amount of missions. Granted the beta mission takes like 30-40 minutes, but even at 10 missions. We're talking about a 5 hour game then.

That's my major doubts about it. But 35 bucks isn't too much, and if you got friends it's pretty fun.

nigga what you've been playing is the deathwing BETA, It's a different steam entity from what you bought.
So as far as refunds are concerned you have 0 hours clocked into deathwing because it isn't out yet

because termie armor is needed so you don't get ocmpletley fucked by genestealers, only somewhat fucked. Termies are needed for the heavy weaponry that is absolutley crucial like Heavy Flamers, Assault cannons, and Storm Bolters. Regular tactical marines just don't have the firepower or experience to take on genestealers in tight hallways. The Hulk itself is also extremely dangerous to regular power armor so termie armor at least means they won't die from extreme radiation/heat that even power armor can't handle

This pleases me.

That's the problem with most multiplayer games, it seems like bringing your own friends in is tough and most games don't seem to encourage making friends in game anymore. I'm a friendly motherfucker too.

By the way, are the only enemies confirmed for Deathwing genestealers, cultists, and... I guess it was too small for a carnifex... What is that shit called? A uh... Alpha? What was it again? Game could get really boring if there's only 3 types of enemies.

Broodlord. And I believe there's more enemies in the full game

There is no way they will avoid adding a vs mode though.

Haven't played the Beta, how viable would some sort of hive mind player vs Terminator players be on each mission?

Thought it's a single player game with an optional matter caked on 4 player bit.

I don't think it was supposed to be another vermintide or l4d type game.

I'm still umming over getting it. But for £30 I'll pick it up anyway if the reveiws are good. These threads go around in circles a bit so can't tell if the rest of the game is nice.

It's a buggy and unpolished piece of shit but I love it and im gonna keep it

I'd rather have a Deathwing vs Fallen
Now that would be fun