VICE: Murder in VR Should Be Illegal

Well Sup Forums, is she right? After all virtual murder is a really important issue!

archive.is/HIW0z

Other urls found in this thread:

gawker.com/the-revolution-will-not-be-vice-1165948487
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But this new form of entertainment is dangerous. The impact of immersive virtual violence must be questioned, studied and controlled. Before it becomes possible to realistically simulate the experience of killing someone, murder in VR should be made illegal.

Oh boy.

maybe it should be virtually illegal

It gets much better.

>The repeated actions, interactivity, assuming the position of the aggressor, and the lack of negative consequences for violence, are all aspects of the gaming experience that amplify aggressive behavior, according to research by the psychologists Craig Anderson at Iowa State University and Wayne Warburton at Macquarie University in Sydney. Mass shooters including Aaron Alexis, Adam Lanza and Anders Breivik were all obsessive gamers.

That article sounds way too erotic. Does this guy have a murder fetish?

>In an immersive virtual environment, what will it be like to kill? Surely a terrifying, electrifying, even thrilling experience. But by embodying killers, we risk making violence more tantalizing, training ourselves in cruelty and normalizing aggression.

Literally Jack Thompson. The regressive left is now identical to what the conservative christian right used to be. What the fuck?

This is me slaughtering every single "journalist" in sight.

It's vice, so yeah, probably.

>Vice doing faggy SJW clickbait articles

STOP THE PRESSES!!

>we support freedom of speech
>except for the people we don't like

Vice is actually on par with kotaku and polygon for worst sites on the Internet.

This is unprecedented. The left wanted to censor video games because of muh soggy knee, but this is literally the violent video games shit show of the late 90s and early 2000s all over again. God, I'm so glad Trump fucking won.

These people read way too many sci-fi novels and think they know shit about ethics in technology.

Way way below that. Try buzzfeed/huffpost tier.

It's a woman, so yeah.

This. We are decades away from simulating touch and all that other shit realistically. Still, it's funny to see how reactionary the """"progressive""" left really is.

Which means that killing npcs is "murder" also
>b-but the pixels have feefees!

Just give her a VR simulation that lets her kill a dirty misogynerd and she'll change her opinion.

Ah yes, Donald "violent video games are creating monsters" Trump, real safe bet there

>implying trump is going to do shit to vidja
He is a populist, not an ideologue. And most people like video games.

>It's basically the game violence articles from the 80s again.
Really progressive.

Disgusting, I go to ISU. Now everytime I go to campus I'll be thinking about that fuck boy Anderson. If I see him I'll insult him.

only if they make perfects in SFV a crime as well

>sjws are literally conservatives now
huh

Sjws support rape, so its no surprise, really.

And conservatives are SJWs

pottery

gawker.com/the-revolution-will-not-be-vice-1165948487

Pro-tip: Nu-VICE is owned by Fox Entertainment Group

I'm the left.
I don't want to censor video games.

Well as VR becomes more realistic, so does the impact the experiences have on our minds. When virtual experiences are nearly indistinguishable from real ones, then who is to say you can't experience real trauma?

It's unrealistic to think that you can consume highly stimulating media, while also being completely unaffected by it. There will be a point where you can seriously traumatize someone via virtual stimulation. The question is: are we there yet? Maybe. Maybe that kind of experience is right around the corner.

Buzzfeed is nothing but bad

vice, lol. theyre a bunch of faggots

dont be a faggot like them, op

>gawker.com/the-revolution-will-not-be-vice-1165948487
>gawker
lmao.

I used to be, too. But then SJWs happened and now I'm full Sup Forums. We need to get rid of the regressives if we want to accomplish goals like a living wage and stop greedy companies from exploiting their workers and the general public with shit like planed obsolescence and pay to win bullshit. GAS THE KIKES, RACE WAR NOW!