Final Fantasy XVI

finalfantasy.jp/30th/

What you want for XVI?

siliconera.com/2016/11/09/final-fantasy-brand-manager-talks-possibilities-final-fantasy-xvi-x-3/
>On Final Fantasy XVI

>With Final Fantasy XV, Square Enix was able to fuse a setting that is both a modern and fantasy world in one. When it comes to main-numbered Final Fantasy games, the directors think of everything from scratch with each installment. That said, it doesn’t mean we’ll necessarily see a modern setting for Final Fantasy XVI. Hashimoto says that they haven’t made anything for Final Fantasy XVI yet, but to keep in mind that just because Final Fantasy XV has a certain setting, it doesn’t mean the next one will follow in the same way.

>Hashimoto emphasizes the differences we’ve seen in main-numbered Final Fantasy titles by using VII, VIII, IX as examples on how we saw it go from a very steam punk cyber world in Final Fantasy VII and then back to more of a fantasy world in Final Fantasy IX. He says that this is something that directors might do on purpose to change things up for the series.

>As far as the battle system goes, this is also something that is decided by the director, so it doesn’t necessarily mean Final Fantasy XVI will be more on the action RPG side as we’ve seen in Final Fantasy XV. Hashimoto says when they start work on a new Final Fantasy, they set the bar to make the ultimate fantasy of the generation with each installment. So if a director feels that a certain battle system would work best in the current generation, that’s the main system they’ll go with.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroyuki_Ito
playstationlifestyle.net/2016/11/25/atlus-ceo-discusses-struggling-japanese-console-market/
youtube.com/watch?v=sjY1UJ-P8DM
youtube.com/watch?v=L1lQeYjceLc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Final_Fantasy_X#Final_Fantasy_X_Original_Soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=oLSsUFiRgus
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to see actual fantasy like IX. I don't care if people bitch about furries, I want fantasy races and locations again.

Agni's Philosophy. It pains me that she was relegated to a mascot for Luminous, that first trailer was really intriguing.

Me too user but they may see FFXIV as a means to fill that void.

This. A more fantasy-oriented Agni's Philosophy with FFVI combat would be amazing for XVI.

Nobuo Uematsu back as music composer

Hiroyuki Ito as director

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroyuki_Ito

If it's set in Ivalice and has Sakimoto as the composer I'll buy ten copies.

>with FFVI combat

I want to see a more traditional FF that uses the different Jobs in its world

>FFVI combat

All my turnbased and fantasy needs are going to be taken by dragon quest
Just make x-3 already

>X-3
What the fuck is wrong with you? Why would you even want that? Why don't you just take your copy of FFX, put it in the toilet bowl and take a shit on it. Same thing.

>Just make x-3 already
Why on Earth would you want that?

>Hashimoto says when they start work on a new Final Fantasy, they set the bar to make the ultimate fantasy of the generation with each installment

eheheheh

Sqeenix seems to have forgotten they have a god tier artist that should design the games instead of logos that no one gives a fuck about.

It would be great if it's just a game and not something with sequels or movies, anime etc.

This logo is fanmade.

I want Toriyama and Tabata to do a game with the music done by the people who did X-2's OST.

We'll never get a good FF again, current casuals who play those games now don't like turn based combat or any form of strategy. They want to spam attack buttons and dodges.

Our last bastion of traditional RPGs is Dragon Quest, let's hope the shit that's ruined FF the last decade doesn't infect it.

Make it more for otaku and less for normal people.

Let Naughty Dogs make it.

>Final Fantasy turn based
>Strategy
Don't be a retard every FF game is piss easy.

Otaku moved to mobile gaming.

I'm curious if they'll do anything with that western FF they canned.

Agni's Philosophy looks like absolute shit and so does Agni herself. Can't trust westerners to do anything.

I rather have FF VERSUS XV

>2.5D
>World map similar in size to TES 2
>Hundreds of towns
>Thousands of side quest
>Dozens of playable characters, all with a rich background.
>AAA budget devoted to game play and story instead of "next gen" graphics, a shit anime and even shittier film.

>with that western FF they canned.
Which one?

Wasn't implying they were harder, you retarded faggot.

Uematsu hasn't composed anything good in years. Why the fuck do people still want him?

I'm talking about the ff game logos.

Fucking idiot, otaku are the only people keeping console gaming alive in Japan. People can play mobile AND console games you know.

Western like cowboys or western developed? A western setting might be a nice change of pace.

Because they're retards.

>playstationlifestyle.net/2016/11/25/atlus-ceo-discusses-struggling-japanese-console-market/
>The market is narrowing thanks to the prevalence of mobile phone games, and the shrinking of the ‘otaku’ culture in Japan, but our target audience is not only Japan. After our success in North America, I believe the next step is to move on to Europe; there are many consumers who hold a strong interest in Japanese culture, such as France. We are striving to serve everyone as best we can.

>x-3
Here you go

Dude the graphics for XV suck the budget manager must be about to commit sudoku right now. They wasted a lot of money

A sequel to XIV.

Casuals are moving to mobile. Otakus are shrinking due to none of them having kids, but they still play on consoles.

What's so hard to understand about that?

XVI is going to be a magnum mobile game.

Otaku are also moving. There is a lot of otaku mobile game.

>Nobuo Uematsu back as music composer
Is this a meme? His work on X was average at best and his own compositions were arranged better by the other two composers and his only good soundtrack in recent years was Lost Odyssey.

>His work on X was average at best

FF never does the exact same battle system twice, it's apart of the franchise's design philosophy.

Although there's a high chance future battle systems will be more real-time oriented I don't believe they can abandon their turned based roots, even XV still retains those elements on some level.
They'll never go full FFVI or III, but I think in the future they'll definitely try incorporating the best of both systems.

not him, but I heard about it in a youtube vid, it was called project w
youtube.com/watch?v=sjY1UJ-P8DM

>>Hundreds of towns

hell no, they'd have to resort to procedual generation, or making generic boring environments.
A good FF title only needs 13-20 towns, any more and you risk creating boring areas, and you have to write a convoluted story to force the player to move back and forth.

>Dozens of playable characters, all with a rich background.

This is the same problem too, Quantity=/=Quality.
As soon as you start exponentially increasing the character count things get out of hand, and once again you'd need to add pointless story arcs to develop each one and try to fit them within the story.
This type of stuff is what gets you messes like Chrono Cross, a concept that sounds fun in your head, but doesn't translate well into a player experience.

There is already an expansion coming out next year.

Make it an augmented reality game where you actually have to travel around the world and I'm sold.
>Going to aleppo to rescue an npc
>Going to a comfy town in Italy to meet a retired old man for advice on your quest
>Going to Moscow to find a spy
>Going on cruise ships
>Flying to all kind of exotic places
Truly that would be the final fantasy

>tall humans with long necks and pointy ears
>humans with cat ears
>smaller humans with pointy ears
>Humans with a few scales here and there
Galka or whatever they are in 14 are the only fantasy ish race

At this point I'd just like to see a game with a competent director who has a clear vision, working with a sensible budget so they don't have to sell a ridiculous amount to not fail.

Name 5 songs besides Zanarkand that were amazing.

How would a western final fantasy look like?

Could we get a game out of that render demo from way back?

Not him and I don't know the names of all the songs but Tidus' theme and Besaid theme are the tits

Just give the series a fucking break already. Don't even have a mainline title in development for a few years god damn. Constant development like this is just killing the series and wasting money.

youtube.com/watch?v=L1lQeYjceLc

>empty open world
>useless collectibles
>asscreed combat
>dlc out the ass
>cover shooting elements
>QTEs
Basically I'm trying to say XV
I still plan on getting it thought

yunas theme and besaid island you fucking sword swallower.

>Besaid
>Uematsu
How the fuck can people be this stupid. That was done by Masashi Hamauzu and sounds nothing like Uematsu, kill yourself.

>Besaid Island
>Uematsu
How the fuck can people be this stupid. That was done by Masashi Hamauzu and sounds nothing like Uematsu, kill yourself.

this

I dont understand how they create so many fantastic beast races, then every time an MMO rolls around they flip their shit

>Oh fuck dude, these look just like another race we did, we have to rename it
>What why do we need a third species of cat girl?
>Also what about Bangaa, Nu Mou, Viera,etc.
>Naw dude, lizard tits, lizard tits are the future

>this guy
no ones falling for you bait, pls kindly fuck off somewhere elsewhere than where you are fucking on currently

>AT LEAST 6 PARTY MEMBERS
>ABILITY TO SWITCH PARTY MEMBERS FOR AT LEAST 90% OF THE GAME
>ABILITY TO CONTROL ALL PARTY MEMBERS AS MUCH AS THE PROTAGONIST

FFXII got it right.

>he's actually this fucking stupid
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Final_Fantasy_X#Final_Fantasy_X_Original_Soundtrack

He's not baiting, dude. FFX had three composers.

Shame it sucked ass because that was the only good part of it

Make X-2 2

Moving away from XV's style of "reality grounded in fantasy", please. It just made everything feel very dull, I want the games to be impressive, and looks into different worlds. Though really, while I'd appreciate fantasy with lots of different races like IX or XII, even world with very different human cultures and locales like VII would work. I just don't want a world that seems so much like earth.
As for battle system, I'd be fine with either turn-based or real-time action, as long as the action took notes from Kingdom Hearts style, rather than XV.
...God damn it, I just really dislike what XV did. They could make space opera, western or whatever else, just anything but that again.

>actual fantasy
they're all fantasies. you want another cartoon FF.

>A poll
>Meaning its not still retarded

You do know you literally just linked the equivalent to a new smash character poll right? Or that this particular poll is skewed because of interviews they said about how beastmen are hard to make and most likely wont be added prior to this poll

It would be spelled X-2-II.

You mean like western produced, or spaghetti western styled?

>What you want for XVI?
to be good

It baffles me how anyone thinks Besaid sounds the slightest like Uematsu's work.

Those people need to be put in camps.

fpbp

I don't even know what the fuck you're talking about and to be quite honest I don't give a shit who composed them. They're good songs though

How about a proper Final Fantasy game again?

You know, like 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 or 12 for example

I want to travel the entire world again. I want an overworld. I want an airship. I want an 80+ hour story

make it a turn based strategy
set it in Ivalice

Oh so they'll add humans with rabbit ears?

JRPG on console is dying. Mobile is taken over.

>>Hundreds of towns
Come on. I don't think any games have had more than 20 towns, I'd much rather take sensible amount of towns that feel actually different, than shitloads haphazardly designed ones to bloat up the number.
Though if they'll go for open-world style again, it'd be cool if they had small settlements with just three or four houses, and maybe a farm or something.

>I say Uematsu's work on X was lackluster
>Tell you to name a song by him that was amazing
>You link a song not done by him
Are you baiting or actually this dumb?

Last Story had amazing soundtrack
Granblue Fantasy and Terra Battle as well

youtube.com/watch?v=oLSsUFiRgus

>Final Fantasy in space
Could be interesting.

I don't think a Final Fantasy needs to have a dozen unique sentient species to be unique. The older games did just fine with primarily humans and a throwaway tribe of elves or dwarves or moogles or whatever.

What's important to me is an exotic set of locations, not just "the gas station off the side of the road," unless the road runs through a crystalline field or across a wide ravine or swamp, for example. And a traditional city is totally cool, or a castle, or a juxtaposition of both, or something completely "out there" like a major technologically advanced city completely isolated from the rest of the comparatively primitive world.

If you wanna play something similar I suggest Xenogears, or Xenosaga.

The former is an old psx jrpg and was made by Square soft as a prototype of FFVII, the later was created by the same team after they left squaresoft.

this
I just want to jack off to furries

I literally don't care. Just put more cute girls fighting monsters and dressing into more cute outfits.

It sounded like the original vapor designs pitched 10 years ago were a lot better.

>see this faggot, Noctis? He's the yakuza boss' son; he's basically LIKE royalty in Neo-Tokyo but he's not an ACTUAL prince because that would be a really generic lame background am i right?

And then they made Noctis the legitimate prince of a kingdom where all men wear black leather. Basically trying to keep the original realistic yakuza background but making it really gay, and lame.

Sounds like shit.

So FF6-9 also sound like shit then?
Cause it's in the exact same style.

>and the shrinking of the ‘otaku’ culture

What happens?

I would love a quicker turnaround on full sequels(NO X-2 or Lightning Trilogy bullshit) by having different teams see what they can do with the FF XV engine. Since they're Japanese developers, you know they won't go the Ubisoft route and will actually have the different teams make completely different games

PS1 Era
FF 7: Came out in 97
FF 8: Came out in 99
FF 9: Came out in 2000

SNES Era
FF 4: Came out in 91
FF 5: Came out in 92
FF 6: Came out in 94

I feel like this is a situation where they didn't translate otaku and it fucks up the meaning because it has a more specific usage in English. Like, that Sugita kind of supernerd that plays everything from fighting games to dating sims is rare among younger people now but I don't think the market for anime aesthetics is shrinking, it's just become more casual.

>Post FFIX Uematsu
>Good

yeah but they were inspired by nobuemetsu-san, which makes it his songs in the game. get cucked.

>FFXV actually turns out to be a huge success
>They sell 10 million copies and then some
>FFXVI and all subsequent titles become action combat oriented
Calling it now. And it will be an improvement too.

did you read the OP?
>>As far as the battle system goes, this is also something that is decided by the director, so it doesn’t necessarily mean Final Fantasy XVI will be more on the action RPG side as we’ve seen in Final Fantasy XV.
>> So if a director feels that a certain battle system would work best in the current generation, that’s the main system they’ll go with.